Main Menu

Top 10 list(10-10-05)...

Started by Tastian, October 09, 2005, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camikazi

Anguish focused 73 for me hits for 135, with panther hits for 149, so either Qvic focus is bugged, Anguish focus is bugged or your reading zomething wrong.

Timberghost

hokay fine, I'll break out EQC or YALP and get you more accurate numbers from an evening of hunting.  Got any preference between the two as to which reports pet DPS better? 

:-D Yes, I know, I post a number I see fairly often while hunting, and I did it around peeps who live by the parser :lol: /Smack .... go prove it.....  :lol:

Is a multi hour run one night from my normal after raid stomping grounds in Direwind Cliffs OK or does it need to be more scientific?

Nimbin

QuoteBTW... unscientific, but my 73 pet, with the Qvic boots hits for about 150s.  Not half bad as an addition to our base DPS.

When you said hits for 150's, did you mean:

1) this is the max hit with Unparralleld Haste
2) max hit with Growl running
3) max hit when in frenzied state from Taste of Blood AA
4) 150 dps total for pet (haste, procs, etc)
5) something else, if so what  :-D

Khauruk

Quote from: Nimbin on October 24, 2006, 08:00:27 PM
QuoteBTW... unscientific, but my 73 pet, with the Qvic boots hits for about 150s.  Not half bad as an addition to our base DPS.

Mage aura + old haste?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

I am really happy thus far with how our dps has gone....some things I would like to see changed is more spell utility....we lack a big part on raids....back in the pop / god era we were great for utility....also our warder dps still can use a boost...seems soe is only caring about out pet suvivability in my eyes

Kanan

that's been what we've been primarily asking for honestly Hum.. the pet's been useless in so many raid environments bcs it takes more mana then s/he's worth to keep up (the mana/melee cost to keep up is > the pet's dps output from keeping alive), esp since pet's have 0 raid utility.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Humlaine

I am not looking for utility from our pets I am looking for utility from us....we were back in the day the best utility class in EQ till after GoD.....then it started going down hill quick we are by far the most undered utility class/ hybrid in EQ I believe atm.....SoE needs to wake up to the fact

hakaaba

IMO pets clearly have a negative raid utility in many situations.  Aka, they cause more problems (mana spent, small amount of push, time to deal with them) than the benefits they provide (meager dps).

Anytime someone leaves a pet on hold in the corner, this calculation came out negative~

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Kilori

Very good list Hak, thanks. I agree with the raid utility. I feel very useless. With the OOC regen no one cares about Aura. I was curious as to if we could possibly get Aura to last longer/stronger like you said..and maybe add end regen with it? Then we would benifit the whole raid, not just the casters mana and the melee hps...because, the casters benifit from the hp regen too, why cant the melee get end regen as well?
As for pet survivability, Shep follows me around but rarely gets to chew on anything because its just too much wasted time trying to keep him alive. PM is helping, but Im still loosing him about as much as before TSS.

Timberghost

Quote from: Nimbin on October 24, 2006, 08:00:27 PM

It's a number I see pretty often when hunting the undead camps in Direwind after a raid.  Usual setup in casual groups is Unparaleled Voracity, Epic, Irionu, Fetter, Panther

NVM I defered to the parser gurus and actually went and read my logs.  /sigh

/Bonk ....  I know why I see 150 as a hit so often ROFL it's what my epic Savage Blessing Strike procs for ..... Duh! No wonder I see it so much...  he procs a Lot

Fine...there are no shortcuts.  I'll have to go and parse him during a whole evening hunting there to see what the average hit REALLY is.  I'm 74 now, so they're mostly DB cons.  Dunno if that affects how hard my pet hits em.

Khauruk

Quote from: Timberghost on October 26, 2006, 03:56:21 PM
I'm 74 now, so they're mostly DB cons.  Dunno if that affects how hard my pet hits em.

Your level has nothing to do w/ anything, pet related (except which pet you use).

Max hit won't change, except against a mob who has a vie type effect on it (don't think this exists, but /shrug), or if there were a mob who had shielding, or if the mob is immune to a certain type of damage (a la Cragbeast Queen).

What your pet will hit for in a given round, is a function of mob AC, attack, damage mods (like mage aura, don spell, damage mod on higher lvl hastes), relative level, and at low levels, weapons that they might have been given.  I'm not even positive on relative level...that might just affect how often the pet will hit.

So, either way, your pet's max hit won't change.  I just have my and pet's melee in one narrow box, w/ pet a different color from mine.  Makes it easy to keep track of his damage, etc,....

QuoteI'll have to go and parse him during a whole evening hunting there to see what the average hit REALLY is.

Average hit means nothing imo.  Average hit will change with every mob you fight due to those factors listed above.  Unless you took a few months of logs and parsed the pet to see it's average dps from melee.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

hakaaba

honestly 150 dps isn't an unreasonable estimate of our pets total dps.  The problem is that the pet is so fragile, and its dps in constantly becoming a smaller and smaller % of our total dps, that its reached the point where its no longer even worth using in some situations.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Timberghost

Quote from: Khauruk on October 26, 2006, 05:16:01 PM
What your pet will hit for in a given round, is a function of mob AC, attack, damage mods (like mage aura, don spell, damage mod on higher lvl hastes), relative level, and at low levels, weapons that they might have been given.  I'm not even positive on relative level...that might just affect how often the pet will hit.

So, either way, your pet's max hit won't change.  I just have my and pet's melee in one narrow box, w/ pet a different color from mine.  Makes it easy to keep track of his damage, etc,....

ehhh pet toys are OK I guess, and I certainly don't say no when a mag offers them to me, but I can't actually see a huge difference in pet DPS with vs without toys.  This is for Spirit of Uluaness, the 73 pet.  The parser gurus might be able to say for sure one way or another, but I haven't noticed an obvious pet DPS increase with pet toys of the kind that makes me say Wow he's hitting harder with them.

The high level hastes don't often stick on a pet.  I mean I see the icon there, but even Hastening of Ellowind is only a 68% haste with a 64 ATK boost and some stats, while our Unparaled Voracity is an 85% haste with a 104 ATK boost and a 6% all skills damage modifier.  Which is a really long winded way of saying yeah, you'll see the icon for Ellowind or other chanter haste, but I seriously doubt it does anything, because our pet self buff is higher.

The other thing that affects pet DPS is AAs,

The Warder's Alacrity/Savagery/Rage line of AAs certainly affects DPS, because with the triples and flurries he hits more.

The Warder's Fury/Warder's Wrath line of AAs also certainly affects DPS, because he crits more.

less obvious, but I would expect the buffs he picks up from Pet Affinity especially the shammy type buffs affect the basic stats for how hard and how often he hits and how often he procs.

I just can't see Taste of Blood doing much of anything, because the odds of a specific person or pet getting the kill shot often enough to get the frenzy bonus in a reliable way is pretty sllim.

Khauruk

To clarify:
Weapons on low level pets is in regard to pets in the low levels (30s and under), where a weapon will actually affect the max hit of your pet.  There is no weapon in the game practically that will actually increase your pet's maximum hit at lvl73.  Mage weapons simply add an additional proc.

damage mod on high level hastes - our pet hastes from DON and above have a damage modifier.  Enchanters don't cast their hastes on our pet for the actual haste effect.  It's for the side things, like the added agi and dex it gives.

AAs - there is no AA that affects max non-crit hit on your pet.

Shammy buffs/etc - IoS will max pet's dex, I do believe (or chanter haste oow+), might/lion's strength won't overwrite pet haste damage mod.  None other will affect it's hit.

None of these things affect your original assertion though of your pet hitting for 150 (even though you retracted that).  My list was there to show you things that might possible change the pet's max hit value.  *Not* it's potential dps.  You never talked about parsing for it's dps originally, only to see what the max hit of a pet is.

Sorry if I wrote in a confusing manner, I guess.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tomorrow

Without having an active CC this question might be futile, however do we happen to have an updated top 10 list?  or even a top 5 list to hopefully guide the devs?  Even though Tastian might be MIA perhaps a veteran member of this forum can help gather that list together so when we do have a new CC he/she can hit the floor running.  Any improvement imho is better than nothing.
Tomorrow 75 Beastlord of Maelyn Starpye