Main Menu

Top 10 list(10-10-05)...

Started by Tastian, October 09, 2005, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jequec

Two things that I would like (there are more things, but talking about spells right now):

Ferocity to be upgraded somehow.  With the recent ranger changes, it is clear that SoE believes that atk is relatively useless, so one of our 70 spells is essentially worthless.  I want to see something added to this.  Monks already have DA (and now rangers), rogues have accuracy, enchanters have crits.  I dont really want strikethrough...but combat effects might be tasty.

The second one goes hand in hand with the combat effect idea for fero.  A self-only buff derived from the shamans panther line (and our own pet line) some sort of 100 pt proc or something with a deaggro, much like Spirit of Flame or Snow.  We've got a low amount of high level spells--this could flesh it out.

Though I wouldn't mind group haste, either--or a single target SA...it just seems the above ideas add a bit more 'spice'

Nusa

Quote from: Nusa on October 12, 2005, 05:09:25 PM
But there's no longer any point to using Hunter since Howl of the Predator has a larger DA bonus. Howl DOES stack with SV. Some rangers are going to be pretty upset about that fact, I betcha.

Skimming the ranger forums, I see my prediction has come true already. Rangers that took the time to parse have concluded that DA effects do NOT stack (other than highest worn DA stacking with highest spell DA stacking with innate skill). We'd already had this conversation concerning worn Ferocity effects in the past, so it's really not a surprise to many. Hunter is nearly worthless in its current state.

I'm expecting an adjustment of some sort soon, so prehaps it's best to wait and see.

Tastian

Yeah the way the stacking mods are handled causes some issues for the ranger buffs, and for the monk buff that added 6 or so to double attack as I recall.  Until they figure out what they are doing with hunter/pred/DA/etc it's very hard to ask for something as the use of what we ask for is questionable. 

hokarz

I guess we just wait and see. Did the ranger corr. have any input into this, or was it just a mistake to load those files in the last patch?
Savage Lord Hokarz

Tastian

I actually didn't get to talk to grunts about it, so I'm not sure.  I do know that they are now changed and tweaked on test(atk and 3% DA on pred, hunter how it used to be).  We should have a better idea soon of what sony has in mind and of what we might see for changes.

tacyttik

On test everything was put back to normal for rangers, and a 3% DA mod was put on pred and ward. Has anyone ever shown for certain if DA mods add a straight %, or it they add a % of a %?

Jequec had mentioned a single target SA. I like that idea, but would be much more excited by the idea of an item that has a single target SA clicky, like what enchanters got in LDoN raids. Of course, that leads back to the itemization problem, with only a select few being able to get it. (Granted, that's how some toys are meant to be, available to, and designed for, raiders.)

Tastian

Fero as a DA mod works as a % increase.  That's why bards/beastlords get less out of it overall because our base DA rate is so low.

Shieara

You know, maybe this isn't a top 10 issue but, just got reminded of it tonight...

I'd like either for my pet no longer to grow when shamans cast group shrink, or for the only shrink to hit them to be tiny companion or something.  It really bugs the snot out of me when I get steath "shrunk" and look to see my pet is now the size of a Volkswagon. 

I envy iksar beastlords with their small pets, though the proc bug is really gimp I have discovered.  Made an iksar bst as my alt.  She's all cute and scaley and stuff.  8-)

Kanan

aye shiera... god.. I once lit into a shammy over it bcs I'd asked politely several times for him to not do it.  Bunnier decided to start spamming his sassinfrassin shrinky orb.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

This has come up before and I'm honestly not sure if it's something they want to mess with.  It's one of those issues that already has some upset people on both sides of it, and will have upset people on both sides if they do tweak it to.

Some are still upset that shrink doesn't work as well as tiny companion even though they've specifically said that shrink is for players and tiny companion is for pets.

I'm definitely willing to bring this up if most people are actually in favor of this.  Anyone have some reason(s) why this shouldn't happen if possible?

Kanan

simple implementation option... make it where "Shrink" does not affect pets, only tiny companion.

I can see where getting the spells to coordinate could be problematic.  I guess I've just never understood why the "shrink" spell makes the pet larger =/  We can't continue casting shrink beyond the certain tinyness, why does it have to make the pet larger?  Possible way to add in a screech type component or something to the effect to prevent that stacking? something? ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

I'm not sure, but remember changes like that would hit all pets and shrink.  Last I knew some enc/dru/nec would shrink various charmed pets as well.  I'm honestly not even sure if this is possible as I haven't come across a case where it has been used recently.  One might say just make tiny companion castable on any, but you don't always have a class with it, and if you make it able to target others you run into issues of others determining the size of pets, griefing(to some degree I guess hehe) and other potential issues.

I really don't know though and that's why I'd like to hear what others have to say.  We have to keep in mind this doesn't just hit us, or even just standard "pet" classes though, so even if we reach a majority opinion it still might not happen. 

Taiglin

Also not quite top 10 worthy but would love for them to give us back a group IoS spell. No doubt most raiders don't need it and IIRC when it first came on line they were the only ones who really had a chance to get it. I cast it on everyone in my regular hunting group and they are all 68-70. My biggest beef with it really is it is a long cast (x6) on top of all the other buffs I am having to do.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Tastian

Infusion has been on the top 10 list before and it's an issue I'm trying to deal directly with ry on atm.  Ideally I'd like to see a 66th(ish) level group IoS that breaks the stat cap a bit.  As our spell list for omens was light, and we totally missed out on buff mods/stat cap breakers.  If that just doesn't fly though the casting time could definitely use some work on this and focus imo.  It's ok to make us buff worse, to make us buff less efficently, but seriously taking minutes to do it is just tedious with little to no balancing coming of it.  *shrugs*  We'll see. 

Also please check out the haste thread I am about to throw up as that is an issue I'd like to address soon as well, but want to see where most people stand before I go further.

Shieara

I guess I am missing something.  Necros, enchanters, and druids all get access to the tiny companion spell.  Can't they use that to shrink their charmed pets?  I'll have to log on my friend's enchanter tonight and check I guess, but I thought they had no issues using that.  Only time I could see the actual shrink spell come into play is if an enchanter were using ndt on their pet or something. 

Anyways, I don't think it is a top 10 issue because it only effects a small population of people (pet users with pet affinity grouped with shamans), but it is annoying.