Main Menu

Top 10 list(10-10-05)...

Started by Tastian, October 09, 2005, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

There will be an update to the top 10 list coming out sometime monday(10/10).  There are only a few minor changes to the list overall.  I've added in the issue of warder graphics because there are several issues now with iksar warder bugged(for awhile lol), trolls overall unhappy with the appearance of the new basilisk model, etc. 

I'm in the process of trying to get some definite answers from a couple key devs on a couple of our other top 10 issues atm.  What that means is that likely next month we'll have a couple open spaces to make some larger changes with.  Now would be a good time to start posting some of the ideas you'd like to see on the top 10 list.  I hope to have answers to atleast a couple of issues(good or bad) so please feel free to offer up multiple suggestions.   Also as always please feel free to e-mail/PM me as I know some prefer that.

Shieara

Yeah, I think our haste needs looked at if we haven't gotten some official response I missed.

It seems silly to me that we end up being so out-classed by a potion.  I think both we and shaman need to be adjusted kinda in this respect.

Rarrum

If we're going to have one item be on warder's appearance... there is something that shouldn't be too difficult to do, but would make vah shir warders look more purrfect.  Keep the same model, but add a bumb map like the DoN kitties have.  Also, change the animation set to that of the DoN felines.

If you haven't seen them, the leoppard and puma in DoN are absolutely beautiful.  The animations are just... graceful.

Iskandar

Quote from: Shieara
It seems silly to me that we end up being so out-classed by a potion.  I think both we and shaman need to be adjusted kinda in this respect.

Don't forget Shifting Shield, too... that little Veteran's AA pet thing casts Shield of Words, which offers a 13 AC boost over our spell (plus it lasts 35 minutes longer). Admittedly, Veteran AA pets aren't gonna be popping up all over the place all the time like a potion will, but it's still somewhat irksome. :-(
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Constaq

Im realy happy with the dps boost we got.  Not perfect but happy. Cant wait for the new top 10.

sicshift

you guys are way more knowledgeable on the technical specifics than i am so ill leave that alone. as for the pets though, im still wondering why they didnt just allow you to pick what race you wanted to be and then pick the warder that you wanted by your side. its seems silly to me to have a beastlord able to only commune with one type of beast. then  maybe we wouldnt be crowded with tiger pets. a vah shir with a bear pet or an iksar with a tiger pet or an ogre with a wolf pet.  that would be cool. also it would kick butt to have a black panther pet in the line up.  8-)  gotta allow current bl to change their pets once though if they wish. i bet the off balance to current tiger pets  would change quickly.

Tastian

Yeah the haste potion really bothers me.  *shrugs*

As I've said before the top 10 is just one thing.  I'm going to try to get a few spell/AA answers during this list and maybe even an update on the warder situation.  This list won't see many changes, but I wouldn't be surprised to have 3 or 4 changes on the next list or the one after that depending on how things go.

Rarrum

As for other things.... http://eqbugs.neoclaw.net/ has a lot of ideas.

If I had to pick a couple ...

Change pet spells/disc/clickies/etc to just workwithout changing our target to pet.  It's extremely annoying if a full raid is assisting you, and every minute theres a chance people will get my pet instead of the intended target.  The new disc just adds to the problem, as melee time is lost while fumbling back to the target.

Have them re-code how recourse is done or add a new method just for player+pet spells.  It was never intended to be used how it is now, which is why it's so buggy.  Focus doesn't affect one of the two parts of the spells.  Then theres the new disc being activated when it shouldn't, killing the timer.

As they add more spells that affect both us and pet... these two problems that have been festering a long time now are just getting more and more notiable and annoying.

Essant

new hot key for new disc usage:

/alt activate 127                         **frenzy of sprit**
/disc emp                                   **new DoD disc**
/disc fury                                     **old disc, designed to run when theres no pet out, else times out**                           
/assist                                         **assists pet to get back on mob**

only downside is for those times where pet isnt out and i end up burning /disc fury instead, cos then the /assist will actually /assist the mob i have targetted and give me the MT .. but it should work well in 99% of all situations.

Not too thrilled with the werewolf pet .. yes, its real nice dps.  But it totally doesnt fit in with the lore of a beastlord .. we are one with our warders, and quite frankly, fluffy is getting jealous.  Plus its another annoying model in the way for rogues to bitch at us about.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Dreead

Quote from: sicshift on October 09, 2005, 09:43:01 PM
you guys are way more knowledgeable on the technical specifics than i am so ill leave that alone. as for the pets though, im still wondering why they didnt just allow you to pick what race you wanted to be and then pick the warder that you wanted by your side. its seems silly to me to have a beastlord able to only commune with one type of beast. then  maybe we wouldnt be crowded with tiger pets. a vah shir with a bear pet or an iksar with a tiger pet or an ogre with a wolf pet.  that would be cool. also it would kick butt to have a black panther pet in the line up.  8-)  gotta allow current bl to change their pets once though if they wish. i bet the off balance to current tiger pets  would change quickly.

I would be almost completely against this idea. I would not want nasty vah shirs runinng around with scaled wolfs, no way. What i wouldn't mind though, is having a different set of "beasts" per each race. I.E; Vah shirs can have tigers, pumas, panthers..whatever, and so on for each race.

As for other things, i think the pet targeting would be a HUGE thing to address as one of the top deals. It really affects us in fights like vish where some things cannot be hit at all cost, and sometimes they are right in front of you.

Jkal_Shihar

QuoteI would be almost completely against this idea. I would not want nasty vah shirs runinng around with scaled wolfs, no way. What i wouldn't mind though, is having a different set of "beasts" per each race. I.E; Vah shirs can have tigers, pumas, panthers..whatever, and so on for each race.

Hey, I resemble that remark  :-P

Seriously though, since DoN came out a while ago I wouldnt mind being able to change my tiger to one of those sleek cats.

Other then that, I really cant think of much except spells but I already PM'd you on that detail awhile ago Tast.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

jitathab

Will definetly support the pet targeting on spells thing as top 10 worthy. The having to mash assist after casting a spell is annoying and has been on my top list for ages.

Skratz

I would also like to keep the haste subject in the top 10.  And I would like to deny all the Vahshir from any koolness they would so want with their pets.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Jkal_Shihar

QuoteAnd I would like to deny all the Vahshir from any koolness they would so want with their pets.

Good thing I'm Vah Shir and not Vahshir, evil race of my bretheren I tell ya.  :evil:
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Kenudil

I know it's on there, but please allow me the ability to remove buffs on my pet...PLEASE!
70 Wildblood Kenudil of The Harrowing - Barbarian - Quellious