Main Menu

Top 10 list(10-10-05)...

Started by Tastian, October 09, 2005, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

cant they just add a check to shrink spells?

if the pet is smaller than the shrink spell would make it, dont "shrink" (grow) it lol

if (target.getsize > 50)
    targetsize = 50

Id imagine this would take all of 10 seconds for a dev

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Hoov

I would like to see group buffs in the beastlord spells that are simular to shaman spells.
Make iklsars warders actually look like they are hitting instead of giving the stare down.
Give the beastys warder more of a chance to dodge (or take the same aa's we have when we summon it)
Give beastlords it self a better dodge mod as can off tank 3/4 as good as monks
Give beastys an actual taunt button not the use of spells
Give us less agro for grouping purposes so tanks dont have a problem holding agro when we slow or debuff
Give us a debuff so we can get slow to land more often
Give us the ability to change warders (like the new troll one as an option) thru aa- not making them more dps.. just changing the apperance of them.
Straighten out the aa's a few- We have to spend 2x more now to keep in line with other classes in dps (one for us one for warder)
Give us over all a bit more dps (my warder out damages me at 70 even though im qvic geared and epic 1.5 and offensive aa's)
Give the snare proc a better chance to land over oll for grouping/soloing purposes
Make beastlords a fun class to play again instead of getting tells "we prefer a real slower or we prefer a real snarer or we perfer real dps" though i have ksed a few full groups in rifts on named mobs when i disc.

Just a few ideas that I have come up with over the years

Zanois

Quote from: Hoov on November 30, 2005, 02:01:42 PM
Give us over all a bit more dps (my warder out damages me at 70 even though im qvic geared and epic 1.5 and offensive aa's)

Don't know what your doing but if your warder out dps's you, your deffinately not doing something right, at lvl 70 altho my weapons are not the same as yours my warder never out dps's me, unless I just don't plain attack a mob, even when I was full qvic with 1.5 and qvic h2h from Cyno, my warder still never out dps'd me, im 99.9% sure this is not an issue with any other bst.

**EDIT**

And although our dps is maybe still a little low, since the introduction of DoDH, our DPS has risen dramatically if you invest in the new AAs, I think my highest personal parse excluding summon pet/warder is 675 dps on boc in Tacvi, add in warder and summon pet and I broke 800dps, which isnt bad, considering pre DoDH id be lucky to break 600 dps with me and warder.

Its all about learning how to maximise your discs, and utilities available to you, Overall though im completely satisfied as to where our dps is now, compared to where it used to be.

My biggest gripe at the moment is how the shaman group shrink always grows my pet after hitting him with tiny companion, man that is so damn frustrating, as noted earlier, im sure it wouldn't take more than 2 mins to add a line of code to fix that damn annoying bug.

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

hakaaba

But if you compare that to a good DoD equipped rogue doing 1500 dps or warriors doing juuust a tiny bit less (than me) or the same, depending on circumstances (cold resistant mob,  whatever).  I really dont think its enough to balance out  5 expansions of crap.  I consider it a step in the right direction, though. 

Sure its helped, but if they start ignoring our dps concerns for even a short time, we'll be right back where we were .

Zanois

Thats true, but were a lot more versatile class than just pure dps, we can, and our bst's do, play as ramp tanks, help heal groupS, cure groupS, off tank, shit ive even been ramp healer for tormentors, SoE is never going to make us just a pure DPS class, to me breaking 800dps, and doing utility support that my guild has me do, has certainly kept my interest in the game.

PS. Fix the damn shrink bug!!!

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Grolyn

Not sure if this is worth bugging the dev but I think I found a reproduciable crash bug.  I've /bugged them but I'd like to post it here in case it's just me.

When I'm in bazaar, I wanted to make more celestial essence (several stacks of solvent and several stacks of Marr) and when I try to make them while I'm in trader mode, EQ crashes.  After careful repeated attempts, I noticed the crash seems to occur when you click on combine and it uses up the last of the item(s) from stack.  My guess is the trader window couldn't update properly when I use up the last of the stack.

Annoying bug since I got to wait a few minutes before I can re-log and I can't combine tradeskill (any tradeskill or only baking?) while in trader mode.

Darkdestroyer

Beasts are being left behind every other class period.
    Dps wise on raids with anguish/DoDh gear, disks running and both pets fighting, we can manage around 7-800 dps if we go flat out and then thats not sustainable for any great length of time, where as other class's are hitting 1500 - 2k+.
    The new summoned pet 'Bestial Empathy' will hit in the 200's(sometimes more, usually less) where as the mages summoned pet on the same line hits for 750's - 1500(crits).   Why is this difference so great, when a mage out dps's us allready?
    The only thing a beastlord is good for on 'end game' raiding is SA(which someone rightfully mentioned earlier can be done by a bot).
    Our pets are a joke, even With Dodh focus and buffed to the hilt, they wont last 2 seconds against any raid trash and their dps is dire.
    All our spells can be done better by other classes. 
    Why does the zone ae in Demiplane of Blood block Paragon/Perfection of spirit? Its one of the few things that beastlords are good for and now we can't even do that in the end game. It makes no sence whatsoever when every other class's regen/mana regen spells land fine.
    It is fair to say that a guild or a raid could survive fine without us ,lets face it, what do we have to offer(apart from 10 hp/mana regen)?

Sharrien

Unless I overlooked it, I think they skippe dus when they updated all the other classes' Top Ten lists.  Last update was back in August.

Sadness.   :cry:
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

hakaaba

I half agree with dark but a few points:

first of all, the mage DoD pet hits 4x harder because it costs 4x as much mana.
second, exceptionally equipped rogues could hit 1500 but 2k is just exaggeration and even 1500 prolly involved a disc at some point.

However, its very true that our class has fallen far behind the "balance" curve -- so seriously that a whole expansion couldn't really fix it.  DoD helped a little but theres a LOT more that needs to be done.  Essentially currently were below average at everything and good at nothing.  The ideal situation would be us being average to slightly above average at (nearly) everything or alternatively, below average at everything and good at SOMETHING!  Most likely the first way is the way to go as people who play beastlords vary in style and what they want a lot and there is no consensus as to which particular thing is the right thing to be good at.  Some want good dps, some want good tanking, whatever.

Either way we do need roughly across the board "fixes" and a continued, serious, and conscious effort on the part of the devs which is very hard to get.

I mean 3 expansions later, scorpian venom (62 and easy to get (EP) or ~50 plat in the bazaar) is still an upgrade in every fashion from turepta blood (65 and rare GoD rune turn in)!

And theres easily well over a dozen other specific and obvious things i could list that have been ignored for far too long

Tastian

Most things have already been covered, but yeah the top 10 list didn't get updated.  I talked with ky about it already and it should be fixed monday I'd hope.  Weren't a lot of changes to it anyway.

We are behind and we do have several really obvious issue that I hope they fix soon.  I can understand "balancing" and time it takes to weigh upgrades or major changes, but some of our spell issues are seriously silly and should have been fixed awhile ago.  I'm still waiting to see what they do to the higher level healing spells at this point.  *shrugs*  Soon as I hear something I'll pass it along.

Dummkopf

Is there any indication that our ac softcap will get fixed? As far as i know we got nerfed together with monks down to druid level (monks were still higher), however monks received upgrades after that and are now in a pretty good situation whereas we are still down at the druid softcap. It is easy to reach 2k or more ac nowadays but its something that doesnt help us in any way so it would be nice if that got a fix as well.

Healing spells are an obvious problem and it was promised quite a while ago that it will be fixed next patch, several patches later nothing has happened.

There are other issues as well, most important one is that we have absolutely no raid role in which we are the best and therefore most serious raiding guilds limit the number of beastlords they want in the guild to just two which pretty much assures that you allways have an adequate supply of SA. Tied with that problem is of course the other one: we dont have a lobby since our number isnt big at all and even if we do voice our opinions we cant achieve as much as bigger and therefore more vocal class-communities.

Tastian

I brought up the issue of our nerfed AC softcap and was basically told they had no intention of adjusting bst defense at this time.  It seemed pretty odd to me, especially when you realize other classes have seen recent upgrades, monks got "un-nerfed", and we are somehow where we are expected to be still.  It is possible, but just doesn't "seem" right.  I've followed up and made sure they were clear on what we were saying and asking and that this was directly related to the nerf that hit monk/bst that was removed from monks but remains for bst.  No response back on that at this point.

The heals were said to be getting fixed, but it jus didn't happen.  I don't know what ry's schedule was like or if something else came up.  Either way I've mentioned it and the stacking issues we currently have quite a bit and I plan to keep after it.  It becomes really hard to weigh what we should/shouldn't have when we still have obvious bugs that hinder our performance atm. 

As for the raid role, yeah it's a pita.  There's a chance that adjusting fero will help some, but bst have always been in smaller numbers for raids.  Heck I remember raiding before we even had paragon or SA(had purity at the time that was +3mana a tick).  8P 

*shrugs*  I sometimes honestly wish I could go "uhhh sorry I forgot to mention that" or something because atleast it'd be an answer.  Truth is some of these issues that seem so simple and are obviously wrong have lingered for months and months at this point.  Please feel free to feedback them in game, heck even bug report the obvious bugs.  I'm going to keep bringing some of these issues up on an almost weekly basis and hopefully they'll finally get some attention.

Hebath

I don't know if it's been said before, but this post here http://www.necrotalk.com/index.php?showtopic=5174 wouldn't be a bad idea to support for ourselves.

It'd allow us to pet pull with a green pet and then switch it with a real pet, so we can kill what we can split faster(if that was written in english, it'd be easier to understand, sorry).

Tastian

Both the mage and necro corrs have recently changed.  I'm actually in the process of talking with both of them now in an attempt to get a mini-pet list of sorts going.  Some of the issues we have vary from class to class because of how we function, but several issues are just generic "pet" issues that could use some attention.  Not sure yet how we'll work it or if it'll even work, but it's worth a shot.  8P

Dummkopf

Suspend used to work as a switch earlier on, i remember using the switch in elementals still. It got "fixed" some time later and i didnt like that, but since it is not that long ago i dont think they wanna change it back later on.