Main Menu

Top 10 list(10-10-05)...

Started by Tastian, October 09, 2005, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Right now I see the pet targeting/recourse/spell-thingy being on the next list.  It's just becoming more of an issue and it's a very important mechanic I think for the class as a whole going forward.  The loss of buff extention, the re-targeting, and other issues are just too much atm. 

The haste issue I plan to bring up directly with ry along with a few other spell issues within the next couple of weeks.  I'm not sure what will come of it, but I'm hoping we atleast see a few tweaks to a couple of our more problem having spells.

sicshift

Quote from: Dreead on October 10, 2005, 08:32:55 AM
Quote from: sicshift on October 09, 2005, 09:43:01 PM
you guys are way more knowledgeable on the technical specifics than i am so ill leave that alone. as for the pets though, im still wondering why they didnt just allow you to pick what race you wanted to be and then pick the warder that you wanted by your side. its seems silly to me to have a beastlord able to only commune with one type of beast. then  maybe we wouldnt be crowded with tiger pets. a vah shir with a bear pet or an iksar with a tiger pet or an ogre with a wolf pet.  that would be cool. also it would kick butt to have a black panther pet in the line up.  8-)  gotta allow current bl to change their pets once though if they wish. i bet the off balance to current tiger pets  would change quickly.

I would be almost completely against this idea. I would not want nasty vah shirs runinng around with scaled wolfs, no way. What i wouldn't mind though, is having a different set of "beasts" per each race. I.E; Vah shirs can have tigers, pumas, panthers..whatever, and so on for each race.

As for other things, i think the pet targeting would be a HUGE thing to address as one of the top deals. It really affects us in fights like vish where some things cannot be hit at all cost, and sometimes they are right in front of you.

having a couple different pets to choose from for each race is a nice idea too. i was just throwing an idea out there. i dont like any of the other current ones really except maybe the bear. gimme a panther  8-)

Bengali

I would add (in no particular order)

- Doing whatever coding is necessary to make pet spells and disciplines work exactly like AAs, and affect your pet without changing your target at all.  If I want the "functionality" of actually targeting my pet, I will hit F1 twice.  If the mages or necros want to keep this functionality, then make it a toggle or something.  I can't imagine why they would unless they want to keep the pet targeted for damage shields or whatever but that seems weak.

- Fixing the healing spells.  Trushar's is totally busted.  Muada's is less efficient than Chloroblast.

- Fixing the DoT spells.  They should get a resist mod like other DoTs (shamans should get this too, honestly) and the progression should be fixed.  Turepta Blood is *less* damage than Scorpion Venom, which makes no sense.

- Doing something about AE ramp.  Either smarten pets up so that they can stay at max melee and avoid ramp like a player can, or give them a way to mitigate AE ramp damage specifically.  Pets were made immune to normal ripostes (as opposed to enrage) because they couldn't be kept alive, and now the same thing happens with AE ramp.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Bengali

Oh, and I forgot to add:

- Show pet spell/proc damage from buffs/weapons/etc.  It should be a seperate category so that you don't have to see everyone's spells just to see your pet's, AND you shouldn't have to enable everyone's pet spam just to see yours.  Should be "My Pet Spells" just like "My Pet Hits" and "My Pet Misses."  Maybe a lot of us would feel happier with the damage our pet did if we could see a lot of it.

-  Clickable pet buffs.  How many times do I curse myself for putting Irionu on right before we go fight a bunch of cold-immune NPCs? :)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

Yeah a few good issues.  Ramp is getting brought up by mages as well.  Healing/spells working on it.  The pet buffs is still on the list(like dots) and hopefully will get some attention soon.  *shrugs*  We'll have to see what happens.  There have been lots of changes going on spell wise latly so maybe we can finally see some changes to fero as well.

hakaaba

Yes! listen to bengali hes a smart one.  Took all my suggestions though :( lol

Edit: oh yeah! Dont forget itemization, especially focuses.  And i sure wouldnt mind an upgraded pet graphic similar to the stuff in DoN though its obviously not a first priority.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Dreead

Yea I would really like to see AE ramp taken care of. Lord only knows how many pets I have lost due to a golem pull in anguish. And my pet is complety useless in tacvi verses Elite Mastruq Berserkers, i just suspend it when i see them inc. Also useless pet on vish (Tip: I put pet on guard nearish to vish, and hold. Then can at least you panther while fighting).

Baracca

Quote from: Bengali on October 11, 2005, 12:51:07 AM

- Fixing the DoT spells.  They should get a resist mod like other DoTs (shamans should get this too, honestly) and the progression should be fixed.  Turepta Blood is *less* damage than Scorpion Venom, which makes no sense.

I agree that we should have some sort of a resist mod on out DoT's, disagree that shamans should get one.
Shamans get the Malo Line of spells for Cold/Fire/Magic/Poison debuff and the Decay line for Disease debuff.
Adding a resist mod on their dots would be more than a Tad bit unbalancing.

A Gimped version of the shaman debuffs would be a viable choice, similar to the gimped version of Cripple etc, or add the resist mod to our dots.

All for either a new single target haste with an increase in duration, or a group version of the one we have with same duration.

A group version of our Focus of Alladnu (with possibly half of the stats from IOS added/ or not)  would be in line with spell progression.

Ferocity still could use some sort of tweaking.
Baracca Smilodon
The Rathe
League of Levity
Kat Toyz

Skratz

QuoteAll for either a new single target haste with an increase in duration, or a group version of the one we have with same duration.
right on

QuoteA group version of our Focus of Alladnu (with possibly half of the stats from IOS added/ or not)  would be in line with spell progression.
I would rather get the group IoS and group haste.  It would be more reasonable and fitting.  Asking for group alladnu+stats would be nearly identical to Fo7. (31 hp short of it) 
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Baracca

IoS at 70 is fairly useless, even for some of the Baz geared bsts these days, would get more use from the focus being group, adding half the IoS stats to it is just a suggestion.
Group IoS was tried, was not really needed at the level we recieved it and was changed.
Group Focus of Allandu would get much more use , adding half of the ios stats would just be flavor, not needed at all really.
It would be close to Fo7 i agree in hps. But giving us a group version of Focus at 70 comparable to a level 62 shammy spell would not be to far fetched from a spell progression standpoint.
That and group haste would be a welcome addition.
Baracca Smilodon
The Rathe
League of Levity
Kat Toyz

Discordant

I've communicated some of my concerns to Tastian via PM but I'll post some of the things that I would like to see as well

• AE Ramp - OOW, DoN, and DoDH all have seen a major increase in the amount of mobs (trash or raid) that AE Ramp.  I believe Pet Mend was originally introduced to fix the problem of pet's dying due to this.  However, with as hard as most of these mobs ramp, pet survivability is a joke.  On many of the encounters so far in DoDH, I have yet to use a pet because of the AE Ramp and the pet's inability to position itself at max melee.  This positioning problem is an ongoing issue and has never been truly looked at.  Either fix the AI of our pets to automatically stay at max melee, substantially increase the mitigation or avoidance of our pet on AE Ramp or give us better tools to keep our pets alive.  We are Beastlords, not Monks with a mini DoT pet.
  • AA Selection - I am personally somewhat satisfied with our aa selection from DoDH.  However, some thoughts after fighting in DoDH in raiding.  Whoever decided that Fetter of Spirits was more important than an upgrade to paragon, should be fired, immediately :(.  Most of these fights in DoDH take 5-15 minutes (with one taking almost an hour) to complete.  I've used paragon more in this expansion than I have in the previous 3 combined.  Honestly, with as long as these fights are lasting, if they don't want to upgrade paragon, how about giving us an aa-line, that reduces its reuse?
  • Group Fero - I don't know about other beastlords, but our dps have grown extremely accustom to having Fero.  I don't mind Feroing (I'm our zerker feroer), but having to waste another spell slot to keep both Fero and Fero of I up annoys me.  I floated the idea of giving us a group Fero spell, that would be a bit of a downgrade from Fero of I, but an upgrade over regular Fero.  It would also have a significantly longer recast time or have a shorter duration.  Personally, what I am envisioning is a spell that is a bit better than regular fero, that lasts 10 minutes, but only repops for casting every 5 minutes, and GREYS out all other Fero casting, to prevent givng us 3 atk line spells.  That way, its not too overpowering (allows you to fero 2 groups of dps, IE twelve people, where as you can fero about 6 right now). I would even go so far as to ask for a group fero spell that lasts for 5 minutes and repops in 4, because it would free up a spell slot, and rather than having to remember to target 6 different people every 1.5 minutes, I could hit the group fero every 5 minutes and be done with it.
  • Haste - its been a problem for a long time now.  Either give us a group spell or increase the duration on our current line of spells
  • Heals - Muada's is inefficient, Mikkily is too slow for AE Ramp.  Increase efficiency on Muada's, decrease cast time/amount healed for Mikkily.
  • DoT Viability - I haven't loaded a DoT for a raid or for grouping in 6 months to be honest.  Its horribly ineffective on raids, and just not worth the mana in exp groups because of the fact that you usually don't get your money's worth.  However, on the new raids that last a ton of time, it would be nice to use these (upgraded mind you) over our nukes, because of how long the fight's last.

Skratz

On the subject of group IoS versus group Foc. 

Example: just last night on a mpg trial run I IoS'd everyone in the group, btu the war wanted his clicky hp for the AC, and the cler/ench/nec all wanted their hp buffs (since no druid).  So I only Foc on 2 people, and IoS everyone in the group.  I still use it because half my gear is dex-less.

Saying one would be better then the other cannot easily be done.  It is highly situational.  Lots of melee, lots of casters w/o druid.  If you are not post time, melee probably still use IoS as well as casters and more use for IoS.  Post time, group alladnu would be more used. 
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Essant

Agree .. group Allandu would me more useful with the pack that I currently run with, but even that would be limited to just xp groups w/no Shaman.  I don't have to cast IoS too often anymore unless, like you said, I'm grouping with someone that is pre-PoTime but it still would be useful to have.  Group haste would really make my day, though =)
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Jkal_Shihar

<---------will take any group buff that is given our class  :-D

I'm pre time, I still use IoS. My str and dex are not capped unless I waste the aa on the innate stuff like I accidentally did with stamina.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

DontPetBear

How about putting Endurance on Tier 1 OoW armor.  Or give us a end. regen spell.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord