Main Menu

Spiritual Line Duration Increased (Stealth?)

Started by Baracca, October 12, 2005, 02:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baracca

Looks like the duration to the entire Spiritual lines of spells has been increased to 1 hr 12 min. Mana cost has increased to compensate.
wasn't listed in patch message.

Spiritual Ascendance Changes on Lucy
Baracca Smilodon
The Rathe
League of Levity
Kat Toyz

Kanan

Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Sharrien

I could do without the increased mana cost when I'm trying to recover from a death.  The increased duration is pretty much meaningless to me.  Where's the increase in EFFECTIVENESS?
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

vlad

Quote from: Sharrien on October 12, 2005, 02:42:40 PM
I could do without the increased mana cost when I'm trying to recover from a death.  The increased duration is pretty much meaningless to me.  Where's the increase in EFFECTIVENESS?

how does sony always find a way to screw things up? :)
Long SA is awesome but that's a pretty large mana cost increase and kinda sucks in after-death situations.
I didn't care much about the duration before but I guess now MGB will be more fun :)

Nusa

I think it's fine for a group buff...pretty much what we've asked for at times.

All we need now are single-target versions of it.

iamweaver

Yeah, that's gonna pretty much eliminate MGB PoS for my guild, I think - unless we start bring along alt BSTs to MGB SA if we wipe :p.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Kanan

I'll prolly actually have to start asking for feeds from the necros at this point after a wipe recovery.

Goradana

The SD/SA duration has been discussed, and the problem was that even with full extended AA a beastlord couldnt refresh raids SD when it wore off, cuz MBG hasnt popped back yet.

1:12 sounds correctg, isnt that the same timer as MBG?`So even without ext AA u can refresh your whole raid in one cast.

jitathab

900 mana! Will have to get perfection to be able to cast it now after a wipe. Also we mostly dont cast MGB version as save for gimped AE healing, at 900 mana its going to be harder to SA the raid by group :/

Yzak

93 minutes and change with SCR3. 

About time they changed this imo.
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Kanan

Quote from: Goradana on October 12, 2005, 04:06:41 PM
The SD/SA duration has been discussed, and the problem was that even with full extended AA a beastlord couldnt refresh raids SD when it wore off, cuz MBG hasnt popped back yet.

1:12 sounds correctg, isnt that the same timer as MBG?`So even without ext AA u can refresh your whole raid in one cast.

Gora's got the right point.  They've finally made it so that we can just mgb it to refresh it.  On a full expedition of 54, that's 9 groups, so 8100 mana to do single groups on the full raid.  Ouch.. kk.. that leaves me with less than 1k of mana, so that'll definally require mgbing now.  Just hope they don't expect it early anymore.

Grbage

The mana cost seems awfully steep, need to look into how it compares to similar group buffs from other classes that last 72 minutes.

Ok, did a quick check on other popular buffs.
Steeloak- 1hr 40 minutes for 2210 mana
Wunshi- 1hr 20 minutes for 2340 mana
Clairvoyance- 1hr 20 minutes for 1300 mana

All in all I guess the cost for SA is not that bad. But casting it by group like I do on raids is really going to hurt. We always save our MGB for perfection.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

iamweaver

Mana cost is low. HoC is 3125, Symbol is 2340; Oak is 2210, Wunshi is 2340, Clairvoyance 1300 Salik 1260
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Nusa

Like I said, we just need a single-target version like all those other spells have.

hakaaba

Duration increase from 45 to 72 (160%)
Mana cost increase from 531 to 900 (169.5%)

Although in theory you make up for this with the 2700 additional mana you regen in the meantime. Casting it individually on any number of groups decreases this 2700 mana by 369 (900-531) per cast

If youre sustaining it on a single group this is a big net gain in efficiency.
If youre MGBing it (2x mana cost) this is a net gain in efficiency.
If you cast it by groups on 7 groups it ends up a small net gain.
If you cast it by groups on more than 7 groups its a net loss of efficiency. :(

This is obviously assuming nobody dies so you have to recast it mid-duration for a major drop in efficiency.

Edit: corrected my math

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))