Main Menu

If not buffs, then what?

Started by Tastian, October 18, 2005, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laissez

Alright to explain myself alittle more, i'm not trien to compare the effectiveness against our walf pet, b/c you don't have to do one or the other, our dps is not that great, and any little bit i can squeeze out i can.  Also i keep 2 fero's up so i can fero 4 ppl and useally it won't wear off b4 the mob falls.  Normally i only do this on burn mobs, keeping fero on 4 ppl during vish would not be a good use of mana b/c you can't do both cast wolf pet and fero 4 ppl, feroing other ppl is situational, there's always gonna be a mob that when its dead you still have mana left.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Denti

Dunno, i can dump around 13k mana in 3 to 4 minutes if i really want to. And that is of course without casting fero. The dps melee in my guild parsed it either themselves or just had a look at those parses done by others and now dont even ask for fero anymore. Another free spell slot to mem a nuke or a cure. Of course there are some fights that are faster, but not at the at the current raiding game anymore (wait, i just realised we only do DK at the moment, not even DPoB anymore).

laissez

I can dump 11.5k mana in 7-8 mins with 3 dd's and wolf pet, that also includes the 1:12-1:24mins worth of disc where i don't cast anything.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Killian22

Wonderin about the growl lines and if they gonna get an upgrade in this next exp, tbh they arent that bad of spells for certain situations.....sure not all the time but on named raid mobs.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=933246 Makaril Itzafish - 63 - Beastlord - Maelin

Kdor

I know on more and more of the raids we are facing (AMV / JELVAN /PORTIO etc) we are typically doing roar rotations and using abolish disease quite a bit.

On encounters like visch we are valued for healing.

What I would like to see and think would be useful on raids is maybe an ability that allows our warders to take a percentage of the damage inflicted on a chosen target until the warder dies ( he would actually have a useful purpose on encounters where one round of aoe rampage would kill him  since soe has the pet atk inside max range, park him and shield someone)

I would also like to see sv stack with bbb (that does not help with the arguement for more than one beast on a raid though), or better yet dont change sv, but give us an SV type spell that instead of hp / atk it adds a fixed amount of endurance.

An RC type ability would bring us more usefulness (perhaps only against certain spells)
Or an ability that could be used once per day or something that would make a chosen target immune to death touch type spells.

I wouldnt mind another debuff spell like roar of thunder either.
I also wouldnt mind an aura that would give a percentage bonus to heals spells that affected all in the group.

hakaaba

Quote from: Killian22 on September 03, 2006, 09:43:16 PM
Wonderin about the growl lines and if they gonna get an upgrade in this next exp, tbh they arent that bad of spells for certain situations.....sure not all the time but on named raid mobs.

The nice thing about growl is that it scales indefinately because it's a straight % gain.  Unlike, say, fero. *nudge* *nudge* heh.  Of course, the hp doesn't scale so hopefully we'll get some kind of an upgrade eventually but its not terribly urgent.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Erlas

Saw this on page 1 and didn't feel like reading all 10... so sorry if anyone has built upon this

QuotePossibly allowing it to /shield other players would make it more interesting also.

Why not an AA for something like this, with a limited duration, like 2 ticks.

/petshield cleric01

The short duration would prevent it from being too overpowering yet  would allow a tanking class to gain agro and save a much needed member or group/raid.  Making it unusable on ourselves would keep other classes from complaining that it is overpowering and it would add a huge utility to our toolbox that would make us desireable in groups and raids.  I could see beasts being assigned to support classes in raids, the more healers/CC a raid has the more need of bsts on that raid.

EDIT (after inphared's reply)
Perhaps a warder that is summoned with a player targeted and assigns it to that player (if game mechanics would allow this) and allow the warder to attack only when cleric01 is attacked.  Low dps but high defensive capabilities would make it feasable to take some damage.  Any offensive acts (ala DA) by the player would make it poof so that it can't be exploited by melee classes for a /shielding effect.
Erlas Crimsonpaws
Wildblood

Tahmaz Zamhat
Storm Warden

Inphared

The only problem I see with that is that our pet can't take any damage worth mentioning. The pet would die before the shielding had any real value.

The new slow proc has some potential though.

hakaaba

well /shield only takes half damage and a raid buffed runed pet could probably survive 3 ticks of half damage if it was lucky.  And if it was unlucky...well i'd be glad to sacrifice my pet if it saved a cleric.  (shows how useful pets are nowadays :p)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Jili

This is a quote from a Paladin officer in my guild, from a Beastlord application thread.

"About getting another beastlord I am indifferent. To be honest I could live without any BST every day. In terms for raids I havent seen anything which indicates we need the BST on a raid.
But this player looks like an addition to the guild as a player and not as a raid tool thats why I vote for his app.I am curious about his performance."

At first after reading it I became hurt and was going to reply with a "how much paladins sux" post, but after calming down a bit I realized that I agree with him somehow.

We DO need some raid utility, just not sure what to add that is not there already...  :|

Phumog

Yep I agree we need something. With the new regen rate out Aura of Spirits seems to me to be rather lacking. It would me very nice to have it upgraded to be a noticable and more useful tool on raids. Or maybe even a MGBable Beastal Frenzy based ATK line for when your raid really needs a burst of DPS.

Killian22

Well having reached 74 (almost 75, yeh I know I slack  :-P) and gotten pretty much whats useful to us as far as spells go I gonna put my 2cp in here on what I can.

Yeh do somthin with fero cause I dont even gotta be 75 yet to see that its still crap, I ask rogues and zerkers all the time on raids wtf they wanna waste a buff slot on that spell for when its turn around is lacking these days, sure its great for casual players who might not have atk capped and the resist boost is nice for everyone but the stamina...come on throw us a bone here. I've got a few suggestions on this and I am prolly just repeating whats been said time and time again.

1. Make this thing either last longer, like alot longer cause its just to mana intensive for the time it last say what 30 mins or make it stay the same time and make it a group spell. This makes it scale well for raiders and casual players alike.

2. Either make it add more END to you or an enhanced regen on end, this kinda scales to the raiding side of the house more cause of the 5 min cool down to start OOC in raid zones so SOE wont do that proly but we can hope  :-P.

3. Add a % mod to somthin with it to make it more desirable nuff said. Rangers get it as does their parent class. Shamans get it as they are one of our parent classes we should as well, nothin major but somthin.

Pet Surviability:

With this new exp we see promised mending, now I have played with this spell in raids and solo/group and imo its not to bad and I think  SOE went in the right direction with this as it has alot of potential but as it is atm its geared more toward casual than raid because as we all know raid mobs usually AE ramp these days and 18 sec delay on that heal isnt doing us any good cause we have to back the pet up and possibly get outta the fight completely for it to fire before the pet goes poof from a round of ramp. IMO the simplist fix to this is to just make the pet at all times fight at max melee as to avoid ramps and what not, and if SOE has a problem with that just tell em "hey the pet goes poof if the master dies anyways so why punish the pet anymore than neccesary"  :-P. No invul to ramp/rage/AE spells just make em fight at max melee is that to much to ask.

Spells:

Heh well I guess we arent the only ones that saw a crap return on spells this exp but dang can we get a freaking group haste or extend the time pls. I swear if i gotta click a whole group with my clicky bp again at 10 secs a click every 20 mins I am gonna flip a wig. I mean seriously we dont ask for a better haste we only ask for a group version of the same haste or extend the time on it is that so much to ask.

Pet Procs: ok the cold and magic only procs have gotta go. Havent gotten the DoT proc yet so cant comment on that one. In PoR they gave us a fire proc and I was like wow somthin different continue to do that so our pets arent limited in their dps in certain areas.

Burst Pet and Growl lines: Ok I really like these spells as they add  a good amount of dps to our class. Now as far as I know from lookin at alla their is a new spam pet in order with the new exp so lets hope it goes live and is a good bit better. As far as growl goes we didnt get an upgrade to it this so that makes this the 3rd exp it hasnt gotten one, imo this is a very good spell in certain situations and needs to be upgraded.

Focus: Well I'm happy they made it group so I guess we cant complain but would be nice for em to combine IoS with it think it was called erm Fo7 or somthin like that  and make it group  :-P. I say combine the stats cause not all have max stats so would be nice for them.

SE: ok the scaling to mana sucks for these nuff said make it better

DPS:

IMO we saw a pretty decent upgrade to dps the last few exp with Rake, Spam pet and double attack skill (think it gives us 50% base DA at 75 with max DA AAs and max DA skill iirc so thats not to bad) so if SoE intends to continue doing this keep it up.
As far as rake goes would like to see it upgraded or have an AA that either lowers the reuse time or improves its base dmg or whatever like they did with jagged swipe AA. Would like to see us get Round kick but thats just for visual stuff cause ikkies loo cool doin it  :-P.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=933246 Makaril Itzafish - 63 - Beastlord - Maelin

Blarp

i have not looked at every page here and i have been out of game for dam close to a year, but from what i have seen on tss and even PoR. We Have  have gteen alot of our DKP fixed with rake and jagegd claws and now even dub atk its low in skill but it works much better now i think.

i have a few thoguths on how we could become more useful at raids may of been said all rdy but hey way not voice it yet agien its up to the bst family alone to get us up and going i know  some of us want to keep use rounded and othere just dos.

the fact of the matetr is we will NEVER be a top or even  clsoe to top dps class. i know this when i started a BL as my main from warrior. we are an ok dps class that should bring more  help then dps then anything. for the ones that think we need mroe dps i would say thats not what a BSt is about. thats my thoughts. but here is a few thigns that might help. i know a few aa foums of thigns might not work for every one But its just a thought fill free to call me a dumb ass for saying it.

OK i think we should have 2 upgrades Mainly for the raid area on bst.

1) a semi fast cast 2 ish sec maybe 3 Melee based spell dub atk ST  cleave  type effect as well thigns of that sort. but make is a short 45 sec to 1min buff. be nice on raids for your gruop and could bring a burst of dps if placed in a melee gruop.

2) caster type. damg mob's nuke crit mod thigns for casters same thing fast ish cast 45 sec to 1 min lasting

i could see othere one of theses in an aa forum would coast a bit but overe all worth it.

Pet shielding --is a grate thought i think useful soloing raids well every where.
Pet debuff -- also i like this thought even at a 60 ish lvl debuff from a debuff caster this would be rather helpful still can work.

Group Fero  i think this would be a grate thing would need single cast and gruop tho solo and raiding forums but vere all would make us more wanted.

the bigest thing i know thats wrong with the raiding bst if the buffing. personly i dont like it but it's apart of my class. at raids i tend to  spot heal slow and buff alot i do try to dkp as a main part but i have offtanked until tanks got back up and in the fight  even helped Spot the Main tank when healer get killed little thigns save can help how people fill aboult having bst's on raids ist is mroe your play style then any thing. our spells and ability's do play a role in it but alot of bst's have to  well wake up and play the class as it was ment to not just as a dps.

my thoughts take them to heart if you want to , but it's just my 2 copper.

bham

A new spell or AA....Call it Beastial Blight

Effect: lowers the targets effective level by 3 (maybe an AA with 3 ranks, lowers the targets level by 1/2/3)
Duration: 1min
Recast: 3min
Resist: disease -400 or something that is very rarely resisted

the level-lowerinf effect will reduce the targets melee DPS slightly, make its spells slightly easier to resist, increase the melee and spell DPS done to it slightly, and will in certain situations allow a mob to be effected by spells that it currently isnt (ie stun and mezz level limits)

If a mob is under the effect of this ability when it dies it gives experience as if it were the 3 levels lower. Ie a 77 mob will now give exp as a level 74 mob. Loot tables and faction are uneffected by this ability.

By making the reuse 3 times longer than the duration, 1 beastlord will only be able to keep it up on 1 mob 1/3 of the time. In groups this will require the beastlord to save it for the right mob, while the loss of experience means in some cases it will be counter productive. This will also encourage guilds to have 3 beastlords, allowing a beastial blight rotation to be kept up on a single raid target.

Beastlords need a new ability that makes them more desireable in both groups and raids. Currently our slow is holding us back, in that we cant get much in the way of upgrades while we have it, but its usefulness is slowly being mitigated into nothingness....

Beastial blight is my answer to this problem.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Urim

I have to say that Beastial Blight idea sounds pretty damn good. It has positive and negatives associated with it.  I just wonder if the coding would be possible. If i get into beta again I'll try to run this idea by the AA/spell devs. As an AA it wouldn't make it into this next expansion because the smaller February expansions normally don't have AAs included but possibly as a spell or an AA in the large September expansion.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'