Main Menu

2 boxing for 69-70 runes

Started by Goradana, October 26, 2005, 10:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goradana

Running a beast and a druid, both lvl 70, and so far only have one 69 spell on beast and non on druid. Can get lucky in groups ofcourse, butlooking for a place i could maybe get a few runes myself.  Beast has 9.5-10k hp buffed, 360sh AA and druid is not to bad on mana (6.6k mana, 15 FT+buffs).
I read bout the 2-3 nameds in RcoD, and went to check em out. When i got there i saw Granitesmash on track, got him single as first pull and got my SA spell!
in 20 minutes his PH popped, and dropped me the 130 hp/mana ring for melees! Thats the luck i had tough, then it took me 5 hours to get a 68 rune, and nother 5 hours to get nothing.

I know there arent any places i can rally farm those runes fast, but are there any other places/mobs i might be able to have bigger chance at some 70 runes?

Kanan

If u get the minimal add version of Menlo up in NC, he might be duoable.  Not too sure tho.  Decent amt of hps is annoyance there.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

darury

Another option is Neuromancer Vionn in MPG.  You'll need to kill about 4-5 (?) level 70 mobs to get to the camp...but each are single pulls without any real chance of adds.

The camp is located right by the Projection of Tactics corner.  There's actually a 2nd named closer to the projection, but he's in a room of 3 mobs that would be a major pain to split with your team.
The Action Figure Army
Darsacat 70 Beastlord -- Darury 70 Cleric --  Nulyen 70 Druid -- Mjah 70 Magician -- Jumlum 70 Bard

Essant

Not sure if they nerfed it or not recently but there was a spot in Stoneroot Falls along the north side of the zone with some Deep Orcs that had a rather insane drop rate for runes.  It's been a couple months since I've been to that spot but last time I was there, I was getting about a 50% drop rate .. everything from 66-69 runes (no 70's)
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

darury

Quote from: Essant on December 22, 2005, 12:48:24 PM
Not sure if they nerfed it or not recently but there was a spot in Stoneroot Falls along the north side of the zone with some Deep Orcs that had a rather insane drop rate for runes.  It's been a couple months since I've been to that spot but last time I was there, I was getting about a 50% drop rate .. everything from 66-69 runes (no 70's)

It's the Orc Legionnaires in Stoneroot.  I only did a few this morning but I was 4 runes out of 5 mobs.  I got 1 minor, 1 lesser, 2 regular in about 20 minutes.  It's a little rough with the break since placate didn't actually work on the mobs, but I would think once you get it down, you could have a really nice rune farm.
The Action Figure Army
Darsacat 70 Beastlord -- Darury 70 Cleric --  Nulyen 70 Druid -- Mjah 70 Magician -- Jumlum 70 Bard

Zebrn Beasword

can anyone tell me exactly where this spot is? need a bunch for my pally and this seems like a good way of going about it.
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Kroe

Stoneroot has a western half and an eastern half pretty much with a narrow channel from the east to the west.  Head just past this channel and follow the zone wall north.  You should see 3 static deep orc lego's there to start with (plus 1 or 2 roamers who come down that far).

I usually just duo here with my bot shaman and pet pull the first 3, then the next 2 and/or roamers.  Once split, I can generally keep those 6 or 7 dead with a minute or 2 before the first respawns.

PS.  I have never seen a glowing (70) rune drop from these guys, not saying they dont drop here, but I have never seen em.

Wreckers - Bertoxxulous - Saryrn

dainfrol

Quote from: Kroe on February 21, 2006, 06:43:00 AM
PS.  I have never seen a glowing (70) rune drop from these guys, not saying they dont drop here, but I have never seen em.
My guild goes here a lot, all the runes 66-68 drop like a Wizzy tank.  I have not seen any lvl 70 runes there either. we have gotten quite a few 69s though.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Erlas

Could a 70 bst and 66 druid handle this camp?

Magelo's in sig... a little out of date on both, but fairly close.

LMAO... nevermind
thought I'd give em a try, they dropped me quick.  Guess I'll look elsewhere for runes.
Erlas Crimsonpaws
Wildblood

Tahmaz Zamhat
Storm Warden

Taiglin

Have a druid snare the middle one of the 3 and run like <bunny> a ways away and evac. GTG after that (snared mob wont come back). Make sure they run a decent distance but keep their finger on the evac button as these guys warp like crazy. Another thing to try is make sure someone is annul/dispelling them. Might help if you have a smaller crowd.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Erlas

I've become too used to being able to handle a mob or 3 in camp with druid/beast combo, so didn't even think about the snaring/evac to split them.  I think I can probably handle 1 of these guys, so I'll give it a shot.  Thanks for the info....

Orc's - 2
Erlas - 0

stupid warp ate my druid quick and beast's invis dropped as they were walking away...  no luck here for me
Erlas Crimsonpaws
Wildblood

Tahmaz Zamhat
Storm Warden

Skanda

FYI the Stoneroot Falls camp has been fixed.

Can read all about it here. Just a warning though, if you don't like whiny threads don't bother reading past the Dev comments.

Tanot

Now that Stoneroot has been fixed, are there any other suggestions for camps? Got my duo to 70 over the weekend but they don't have any of their 69 + 70 spells (have all 68 and under). Beast buffs to 13.5k HP and around 1850AC 2100atk. Druid is around 9k mana. Have BF6, ambi, some WA, feral swipe, CA8, CS3 on bst (working on CS at the moment!) + other random stuff, druid has all healing AA through PoP and lots of crit DD AA.

Can anyone think of any more camps that have been suggested in this thread that my duo can handle? Obviously I can hit the baz for vellum but never seem to find any researchers who can do 69+70 and also it gives me something to camp for while I'm grinding AAs  :wink:

Damim

Wall of Slaughter, just about any camp on the North side of the wall.

Tanot

Thanks for the reply Damim. I've got my last 30 or so AAs and the last level or two in the Murk cave near the Druid port in. Do you know how much harder the named hit than your average 65 Murk? I can kill a single Murk in less than a minute with both chars and have to heal the beast every couple of fights (very streaky though - guess that is CA coming into play). If I get two Murks at the same time it gets interesting!

Is it going to be a blow all cooldowns and spam CH on the druid or are they just a bit tougher than the normal mobs?