Main Menu

2 boxing for 69-70 runes

Started by Goradana, October 26, 2005, 10:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damim

Named hit for ~1k, but have spiky DPS if you don't have the resists to resist the proc.  I recall 2 boxing these with my cleric back when WOS was still an xp zone, but I had well over 1k AA at that point.  (also, that was before they nerfed pet pulling and it was tons easier to pull) 

If you can tank MPG, you can tank here.

Tanot

Hmm if they hit for 1k then that is a lot tougher than Murks! Murks max hit on me is 620, average hit over 10 fights or so is 260, so it looks like spamming heals from druid is only possibility - if it is possible at all. I'm assuming that the other named mentioned earlier hit for at least that?

Tanot

Small update - killed the Girplan Taskmaster + one of the named Bazu at the south of the zone :-). They hit much harder than the trash but aren't too bad - actually quite fun to drop to 20% health on the beast for once!

Quick question on etiquette, when I killed the Girplan Taskmaster (had popped towards the far west of the zone and found on track on the Druid) an 80 cleric appeared from nowhere and said that I had stolen her camp cause she had field 2. I had passed her on the way to the Taskmaster fighting another named right near to the druid port in. I said OK I would move on but is it really fair of her to call the entire north of the zone her camp? We were the only two in the zone at the time as the server had only just come back up last night. I wouldn't have minded if she was level 70 or something and in need of the runes but to claim every named in the north of the zone so she could farm them for cash I thought was a bit rich. Am I in the wrong here?

Khauruk

No, you're not wrong.  (S)he's just being a jerk/whatever.  You can't hold a camp that size afaik as any class in the game atm, and it's hard to contest when you're just cherry picking nameds.

Now, as far as 69/70 runes, iirc they will drop in WoS, but they're rare as all heck.  I know I've never seen one after a decent amount of time there.  I would keep trying there until you  have a few more defensive AAs, then move to MPG for more.  But, I also wouldn't bother for many...only one is necessary on BST (the first 70 for your slow), and only enough 69 runes to get your mask spell, and Hungry Vines (currently unreplaceable) for the druid.  No spells from glowing runes are really important for the druid (assuming you'll be levelling up).  You'll be a little bit weaker for a bit w/o these spells, but you can probably level and buy their upgrades before you could get the omens versions anyways.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

I've been getting them with regularity soloing in RSS, at least the 69s.  The 70s are lot rarer.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar