Main Menu

POI factory - Duo or Solo - First Impressions.

Started by Et^Cetera, October 30, 2005, 12:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Et^Cetera

As I got my factory key recently, I have spent some time in the factory killing the clock-work devices. For those that dont know, those are the spiders that corner groups fight in the MB event.

Getting there:
Zone into POI and head off down the left passage, very soon you get a ramp leading upto a door. At the door there are 2 Tin soldiers. Non rootable, non harmony-able (is that a word?) and see through both camo and invis. Given the ramp angle, you have to get to the top of it before being able to cast, which puts you in aggro range, so be ready. Although tougher than the spiders, you shouldnt have a problem with 2 at once.

Once inside, you should meet another pair of non splitables, and a further pair with a wanderer, which CAN be pulled single. Move deeper to the South West and set up near any of the shimmering blue portal things. I use the Southernmost on as it only has 2 eantrances (E+W) rather than a 3-way junction.

Illias list them as level 55 mobs. My limited parsing gives them between 9,500 and 10,000 HPs which is incredibly low. The also hit very softly with max hit being 250, which doent happen very often at all. Min hit is 45, which I see alot more than max, but average hit seems to be singles between 130-175 with few few doubles or more.  ALL are NON-KOS but social so you can take afks any time with safety. Good for those who need to at short notice.  Aggro range is TINY, and even mobs popping near to me didnt assist while I was already fighting one.

Resist rates are low, maybe 1 in 20 on the initial slow, and 75% of those catch the 2nd slow. If the 2nd slow bounces, pop protective and just crush it down. I have NEVER had a Scorpion venom resisted. Very few resists on DFC proc and life taps.

The key here is kill-speed and DPS. My avergage kill rate is 49-51 kills per hour. Which is about every 70 seconds. They spawn in a circular rotation around the "portal" every 60 seconds or so. Every 5th or 6th one I have to skip to catch up, which is the ideal time to refresh any buffs like Fero or Haste. This suits me perfectly as many zones have a 20minute spawn time so you either sit waiting (grrrr - hate idle time) or have to wander to get pulls, risking pops on the return journe.

If solo, I would say you could fight 7-8 mobs before having to rest a bit, with paragon helping alot. I have a pocket healer with me, which means I have NO downtime at all, but I will try and swap that out for a Magician or DPS class if I can get a DON 100p lifetap aug to go into my 75pt khatar (giving me taps of 100, 75, 50 and 40).

Given its location and that its a keyed part of the zone, you will never have to worry about anyone else trying to steal mobs or trains making it GREAT place to go if you are feeling anti-social. I leave my BST parked there, hop on, play 60-90 mins, and hop off again.

Exp wise, which is what most people want to know: Exp is totally dependent on your gear which defines your kill rate. In 90% bazaar gear, I was making an AA point in 65-70 mins with the healer outside the group and 33 mins if Vets was used. Altough havent tried to bring in my Magician partner yet.

The downside is NO LOOT, none, nothing. But that means you dont have to spend the time looting each mob, just let it poof after 30 seconds.

In Summary, this is a great zone for steady exp, high kill rate, no trains, and being able to afk in total safety at a moments notice. Some would call it boring, but it has enough mobs that you can really push yourself yet still have a large safety margin. Good for 60+ 2-boxers and small (BYO) groups in their 50`s. I think though if you could Solo it WITHOUT any outside help, there would be much better zones for you to be in, but this camp I think is aimed at the casual player  Dont come here expecting excitement, groups or loot though.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Et^Cetera

Well, Ive been in here for a while now and have switched to a Magician partner and can kill all mobs with no downtime at all now. My parses show average fight time at 51 seconds with the spawn being every 60 seconds. Every single one a dark blue mob. It was really tough going when I started there with no healer but after working some healing AA`s and buying some good life taps, its much easier.

Exp per kill I dont even know about, but  given that I am killing 60 mobs per hour, I am pulling 95 minute AA`s now, with the Magician GROUPED so we get a 20% exp bonus. The magician has gone from 55 to 59 over the last few weeks and will hold her at 60 for back-stabbing water pet.

Resists are rare and max hit is 250 but since getting some more defensives I hardly ever see maxes anymore. As said, Great zone for the casual or bazaar geared BST but all you "ubahs" will have better zones to go to.

Will try for level 66 once I get about 20 more AA and see if they are still DB.

Essant

Us ubers might have a a second box that we want to let leech to get xp .. so good info, thanks =)
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Chickennuggets

Do you think this exp might be around an AA or a little more an hour at 70?  Naturally depending on gear and stuff.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Et^Cetera

No becuase at 66 about 1/3 of them go light blue. So at 70 they would all probably be green

Chickennuggets

Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server