Main Menu

GoD still worth doing?

Started by jitathab, October 30, 2005, 10:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Simple question really, is GoD still doing as a progression from PoP? or is it better to concentrate on OOW targets?

Recently we have just killed RSS King and Queen, and 2 of the MPG trials. King was a struggle of a fight with 44 time+ gear. And I was lucky to pick up both fangs of serpent and crystal shinai in a week :p

Is there a candy land in GoD better than Time? Or is farming MPG a better use of time?

Thoughts please.

Yzak

Personally I think it is.  I mean its definately worth it up till txevu.  Farming Qvic on downtimes is rediciously worth it for risk vs. time vs. reward.  Inkut'ta is a great farm zone for the effort that you have to put into it.

A few nights in txevu and we pretty much got everything done -zun but we pretty much have the strat down.

Tacvi looks like a splendid farm zone + class weapons etc.
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Maylian

As far as I'm concerned GoD is still an excellent option for guilds. At the moment our guild has a schedule a bit like this:

Sunday (main raid day): MPG trials.
Monday: King, Queen and Kessdona
Tuesday: Rikkukin, first few Tacvi mobs
Wednesday: Tacvi
Thursday: Tacvi

We currently have problems fielding a full raid and normally only have a force of 38-44. Tacvi prooves a bit difficult with that kind of force but its still good fun trying to work out how to do it with low numbers, just can't stand 5k trash mobs though. Fortunately we did our first Queen kill yesterday and I got a nice new Bp, which always seem to be rare for our guild. So far still only 2 Shinai's from 10+ King kills with about 8 silk robes dropping for us  :?

If you decide to skip GoD then I think you're restricting your chances of upgrading your guild, since unless you only do 1 MPG trial a night you will have lockout timers for the next 5 days, same with DoN dragons. Plus I think that Zun'Muram in Txevu is a pretty fun fight - 4 nice loots and Tacvi access to boot.

Tastian

I think it depends on a few factors, guild, play times/days, where people are already at, etc.

With the level increases/AA/gear/etc uqua isn't anywhere near what it was and lots of guilds beat it first or second go these days.  Qvic has some great farming options depending on server for relatively little work that can help fill out some slots for people or provide a lot of upgrades(again depending on guild).  Ink is probably one of my favorite raiding spots since NToV and I honestly wish it was a bit later in progression or something as it seems to get blown through and then left behind.  Zun has some good drops but lots of guilds only do a time or two for tacvi.  Some good drops, some nice augs, etc, but overall it can be skipped if your guild doesn't raid a lot, still clear time, doing king/queen/etc. 

I'd say overall that it's a nice option to have there, but one that some might choose to ignore at this point.

Dummkopf

I would say GoD isnt bad for progression and once your in tacvi you have a pretty good farming ground for upgrades. Not to mention you need to do quite a lot of those progression raids to complete the BiC augment for heavy questers.

Khayden

Getting to Qvic I'd say definitely.  It's an easy way to say "Hi new recruit in baz gear, have 500hp and some nice effects without us wasting raid time!", and it's not that hard to do ikk4 and uqua once every 3 months to maintain enough flags.

Jumping from Time through to Anguish without Qvic is tough but possible.

Past Qvic I'd say do it if you want to see it, it's quite easily skippable.  We beat Txevu Zun recently but we're having to do a round of recruiting and backflagging which is a bit of a pain but nowhere near what it was to get to the EPs.  We haven't started MPG trials yet because we raid alot less than most guilds at our level, just lacking time really.

Ignore the alt access quests in GoD, they're atrocious.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

jitathab

Thanks for thoughts, working on Inktuta at the moment.

The scripts take a good time to learn compared to other mobs and we only raid 3 days a week, so trying to work the best loot per time investment :)

Gudaman

I would say tacvi is no doubt still worth it untill your in coa for a couple months if you can get their. The class weapons are a + and a - as most are good for clickies at the least but after awhile they might start going to alts I think bobb + epic 2.0 are the warriors best combo atm when not useing a shield. Tunat has the dmg aug's which pwn and are hands down awsome upgrades. Tounge quest, bic, range quest, focus, 2 120hp 1 120mana augs, and clickies are plentyfull their. Some of the scripts are actally fun after you figure them out. ALSO ALL THE FIRE FOCUS'S YOUR HEART DESIRES :evil:

iamweaver

Gudaman hit that nail squarely on the head :). GoD is challenging, and can be fun (well, Txevu is a PITA with all the trash), but itemization in GoD is seriously messed up.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Discordant

Quote from: Gudaman on October 31, 2005, 03:00:57 PM

ALSO ALL THE FIRE FOCUS'S YOUR HEART DESIRES :evil:

Guda and I have been in the same guild(s) for near 2 years now.  He knows my view on Pyrilien Vengeance.  I have 3 items with that damned focus :(

Kanan

frankly.. with as early as you are into both mpg trials & GoD, GoD is still a good path.  Qvic is great upgrades.  One of the best pet foci around becomes very easily accessible and even once you are freshly flagged for it, should be 2 or 3 groupable, esp with bard ae resists.

Getting to zun in txevu is interesting & annoying (/grumble.. don't bother redoing SA in there until you are ready to engage a boss, with all the fricking ruiner's aes killing SA and casters refusing to move around the corner to get outa the LoS ><).  Getting into Tacvi is candyland.

Imo, the gloves in there are better than anguish (helllloooo accuracy!), and since the endurance trial arms are a possibility for you, there's your imp block 3 focus.  The tongue quest is well worth it.  Having a lil flexibility on your fero 5 item (rikky neck or vish belt) is very nice.  The n-most zun earring is frickin awesome.. but I'll never get it nowadays.  N snake overhaste ring is amazing too.. and again, I'll never get it.  Had to give up & compromise and go for qvic zoo earring.  And therefore, gonna have to go for tacvi arms & ang gloves for my imp dodge & block foci =/
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Vashin

I'd say just doing it to get the warriors a BBoB is worth it by itself. Seems warriors have a pretty specific progression when it comes to agro weapons.

I've noticed that our warriors are losing agro more now then prior to DoN/DoDh with all the other dps weapons/spells the other classes get.

Kanan

Before I started using the new pet DoT, if I was in a group with one of our best tanks, I'd still make him work pretty hard for agro.. and that's with him using DBotW and 1.5.  BBoB is big agro... so easy to control agro even when I'm slowing when more of our tanks are getting these finally.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

jitathab

Finished off Inktuta last weekend, 4th attempt,  2hrs 15 start to end, almost finished on third try with Noq at 3% but time ran out :/

Now as guild policy dictates, we have to backflag and do again, return visit to ikk4 which isnt to bad and the awful Uqua :(

Oiingo

Yes, Qvic and Tacvi are great for gearing-up, but so is Anguish. If you are already mowing through OoW encounters with less than a full raid, then the odds of y'all doing the same in Anguish are quite good -- the encounters there are well known and fairly straight-forward and it'd be a shame not to begin farming that zone as soon as possible.  After all, the largest quantity of upgrades you will get from there are the ones that replace Qvic slots.

My suggestion: Get Rikki and Kess on the same night since they are right next to each other then stat working on Yar'Lir.  Limit GoD runs to one night, add another night for MPG trials and get your Anguish key.  Have your members start farming Qvic before and after raids -- you don't need the whole guild to do this and the ones that raid hardest will probably benefit the most as they will attend more after-hours Qvic farming.

Once you start doing Anguish, Tacvi loot will quickly start going to alts.  Even the poeple I know who have class clickies from Tacvi hardly (if ever) use them -- they are Magelo-padding items at best.  Even Time clickies are more useful.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre