Main Menu

changes to new spells on lucy

Started by Xilbeast, January 12, 2004, 05:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tytallia

Shaman only get a 25% and 40% DR slow.. giving us a 65% DR slow is just whack. :)

I don't feel we "should" have ever had RGC, we have no abilities/spells relating to curses as is.

Klav

Focus: No, we are not duel wielding shaman, they get the easy buffs, we get the DPS. Besides, I click off Khura's the instant it's cast on me.. IoS+Kragg+STR/STA/DEX is considerably better.

IF you have to use furious str and infusion you have freaking bad stats.
if you are worried about losing hp that much you would have gotten focus of soul from your nearby shaman instead of being a solo artist?
All talismans(except kragg) stack with Khuras.
Beastlord self buffed 395 hp 84 str 105 dex 95 sta
Using Khura 445 hp  135 str 120 dex 50 sta
under what circumstances are you willing to sacrifice more str for hp i really dont know. speaking from a higher end perspective direct hp is more desired.
Bane of Nife and RGC: No, again we're not duel wielding Shaman, our current DoTs (Along with the new one upcoming) are sufficient for our needs... I can see Remove Curse, simply because it has mild usefulness bit really isn't all that great... sort of a 'woops' cure kinda like Counteract Poison

You must have missed the dots that beastlords get. Sicken, a shaman dot, tainted breath, a shaman dot, venom of the snake, a shaman dot, scorpion venom, a beastlord spell that is identical to evenomed bolt which is a shaman dot, plague you guessed it- a shaman dot. Do you see the pattern? One would think that we have receieved Shaman spells in the passed. Would it make you feel any better if we changed the name to something like Feral Sickness so you wont feel guilty about using shaman spells?146 per tick upgraded to 161 per tick. lets just use an sk for instance. ignite blood at lvl 61 does 50 per tick the blood of hate at lvl 63 does 160 per tick.Theyve taken a spell from the parent class. and evolved it into an sk spell which is a fast acting dot and does way more dmg.

Healing Focus. Let's see here.
thats Ceramic Totem of The Rathe, Primal Mask of the Earthcrafter, Veil of War Wise Eyes,Simple Ring of Purity,Mantle of Pure Spirit. These are the beastlord items with improved Healing IV focus or better.all but one of these requires ELEMENTAL or higher access.
I fail to see why you would say beastlords dont heal when i have a complete pet heal spell line that says otherwise.

Disease Slow.how many have noticed that enchanters are asked to slow just as much as  a shaman is desired? Shamans have always been the main slower and other classes have always been back up or improv when the lack of a shaman is there. why would you be unconvinced that beastlords should take part in playing more rolls in raids?Edit:Found http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=4900&source=Test which is 60% dr slow for shamans.Give shamans 75% dr slow and give beastlords a 60% dr slow. now you your DR slow for more mana than MR slow plus you can implement gan slow partials.all it would do is increase mana for using it yet slow % doesnt change. does that make the populas happy?

RGC. Beastlords are slightly based of priest class. i have a neck item that has clickable cure disease and youre telling me that beastlords have no reason whatsoever involving the ability to cure detrimental counters.
"You of all people should understand what I am trying to accomplish here. You too know what it feels like to be cast aside; you've only dealt with the pain a few years-I've dealt with it for a millenia...Seeing you people everyday on this perfect little world He created for you is a constant reminder that my kind came first; your kind was most revered. And while you know forgiveness; we only know regret.

The lesson must be taught. All are accountable."-Bartleby

Shere Khaan

Actually I never wanted group kragg either. I was pretty much alluding to how ineffective group IoS would be to the Beastlords I know.

I understand that expansion spells never really push the boundary of power. They normally reserve that for the realm of new levels. The nuke is good, although I disagree somewhat on the dot. Only time I could use 2 dots and not worry about agro is if I am tanking.

If it comes down to little power increase but a boost in efficiency or usability, how about a combination of rellic and arag's so I don't have to keep memming pet buff spells ad nauseum? I still like the idea of a slightly increased incapacitate, no one would ever call that spell unbalanced.

The healing is a good one I hadn't thought of, these days I heal a lot. if not an increased heal, how about a faster heal with a recast with the same efficiency as chloro?

Lastly I agree that ancient SV is fairly lame. Some classes get an increased nuke while we get a spell that we hardly ever cast anyway? I would prefer an ancient SD or even an ancient Ferocity which would get more use. Shamans got one of their class defining spells boosted (quiesence), surely we could get something other than SV.

Shere Khaan

Kharaf

New nuke.  No complaints.

New dot.  Almost never cast scorp venom anyways, since our nukes are more efficient and more dps for the most part, not to mention aggro issues and that fact that the dots seem to get resisted more.

Group IoS.  I can see it being useful, just not to me.

Ancient SV.  We could have better, but over all I'd still use this often since I do spend time out of raids w/o a pally or ranger bot handy.

What would I like?

Pet haste/shrink/proc combo would own.  

If they are giving rangers a new bigger heal, maybe a HoT for bl's would
be in order.  Kind of like NI vs Quint.  

What would I give up for these spells?  The dot is the obvious one for me.

Nalitra

Klav, the spell you linked is not DR based, it is magic resist based.  

Balance of the Nihil  

Slot Description
2:  Decrease Attack Speed by 60%
3:  Increase Disease Counter by 24  

Mana: 175 Skill: Alteration
Casting Time: 1.5 Recast Time: 12
Fizzle Time: 2.25 Resist: Magic
Resist Adjust -30 Range: 200
Deletable: Yes Dot Stacking: Yes
Interruptable: Yes Short Buff Box: No
Target Type: Single Spell Type: Detrimental
Source: Test 01/13    

Classes: SHM/65
Duration: 7 ticks  

Game Description: Engulfs your target in a swarm of insects, slowing their attack rate for %z.

-------------------------------------

This is their best DR slow.

Cloud of Grummus  

Slot Description
2:  Decrease Attack Speed by 40%
3:  Increase Disease Counter by 16  

Mana: 400 Skill: Conjuration
Casting Time: 6.4 Recast Time: 5
Fizzle Time: 2.25 Resist: Disease
Range: 200 Location: Any
Time of Day: Any Fizzle Adj 10
Deletable: No Dot Stacking: Yes
Interruptable: Yes Short Buff Box: No
Target Type: Single Spell Type: Detrimental
Source: Test 01/14    

Classes: SHM/61
Duration: 3.1 mins @L61 to 3.3 mins @L65
Items with spell: Spell: Cloud of Grummus  

Cast on you: A cloud of plague numbs your body.
Cast on other: Someone 's body is covered in a brown mist.
Wears off: The cloud disperses.
Game Description: Surrounds your target with a foul cloud of plague, slowing their attack rate for %z.

Tytallia

Quote from: Klavyoure telling me that beastlords have no reason whatsoever involving the ability to cure detrimental counters.

If you are replying to me I said, "curses." Not spells with poison and/or disease counters but spells with curse counters. I only assume you are because I don't see any other post saying anything to support your quote.

Roleplay Reasoning: Clerics, Druids, Shaman and Paladins are a devout and holy lot. We are more akin to Rangers, warriors that have some training from our respective Priest class and abilities of our own. Disease and poison are mundane detrimental effects; they occur in nature and can be associated with animals. Curses are not natural and deal intimately with the gods, souls and spirits. Things our class is not intimate with aside from a single spirit warder that bonds with us for life.

Game Balance Reasoning: The classes do not need any more sharing of spells/skills IMHO. Leave DR slows shaman-only. Leave RC/RGC Priest/Paladin-only. Giving us these things is just going to make those classes even less unique. And less uniqueness equals more class-hate.

Tastian

Thanks Diost I don't know how I come across sometimes, but I am very greatful for all you do and have done for his community.  I gave the spells a lot of thought and the new nuke is great, the new dot is very minor, but that's cool.  I'd really like to see a new heal at 65.  I heal constantly well solo/grouping/raiding/whatever as do a lot of bsts.  The higher and higher a bst gets the less and less they usually heal their pet.  I haven't cast sorsha in a very long time.  If they just don't want bst getting a new direct heal hen a HoT like someone mentioned might work well or even if group infusion just added a little bit more. Really though I think a new direct heal just like what rangers have atm would be best.  

The reason why it's hard to just buff infusion though is because the people it's useless for it'd still be useless for with higher str/dex/sta.  Stacking can become an issue with hps/atk/etc so I'm not really sure what else they could throw on there.  Not too sure they want to just out of the blue add +20 wisdom or something to group infusion.  Anyways I just really wanted to say thanks and make sure I wasn't coming across poorly 8)  Keep up the great work please we are all very lucky to have ya.

Sriab Silverclaws

A pet only remove curse spell would be handy I would think.

Elder Sriab Silverclaws 70 Wildblood My Profile

CillianFV

If they combined Kragg and Infusion and made that a group spell, that would be enought to keep me happy (even with no power increase).  It would save a buff slot as well as time.  My only concern would be that it may be considered a little too powerful for us.  I'm not sure whether a spell like this would overstep the boundary into shaman territory.  We have more than enough people calling for us to be nerfed now, I would not want to add to their ammunition.  :wink:
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

DiosT

Quote from: TastianIf they just don't want bst getting a new direct heal hen a HoT like someone mentioned might work well or even if group infusion just added a little bit more. Really though I think a new direct heal just like what rangers have atm would be best.  

I'd wager, if they dont want to give us a heal upgrade, they won't give us a 'torpor-like' spell..

even if it heals less, with the same side effects... Doubt anyone would use it :-/

90% of the spells they are putting in this patch have NO efficency increase, only increased power/potential.. if they gave us a HoT, it would likely be no more 'efficent' then Chloroblast with side effects.... at least, thats what I would expect If i were a developer working on spells...

As i said, doesnt hurt to try, and i sent in feedback inquiring if they wanted to give us group kragg, or a heal like the rangers

Shere Khaan

Quote from: DiosTAs i said, doesnt hurt to try, and i sent in feedback inquiring if they wanted to give us group kragg, or a heal like the rangers

If they took our nuke for a group kragg I would quit playing this game instantly. Best not to even put ideas in their heads. Stick with the improved heal like rangers.

Shere Khaan

Bengali

Quote from: Murkk DakruulGroup IoS is a waste and whoever is in beta needs to be feedbacking for something better.

Just because people feedback for something doesn't mean it happens, and just because something doesn't happen doesn't mean that people didn't feedback for it.

QuoteAlong those same lines is the new DoT. It could have atleast been more efficient than scorpion venom, so I might have to think about it for a few seconds before deciding not to use it. Why do we need another DoT to not use?. Who are these people that get to use 2 nukes and 2 DoT's and not end up a smear on the ground?.

If you run up against a mob that is cold resistant then being able to put two dots on the mob instead of one is pure ownage.  Especially when the new one more than doubles the total damage you could otherwise do in those 42 seconds.  It's not the best to use for short fights, but it's 200% better than having Plague or Venom of the Snake as your other "non-cold" options besides Scorp Venom.

For you number crunchers:

Scorp Venom + Ukun's Blood = 2380 total damage every 42 seconds

Frost Spear + Trushar's Breath = 1417 total damage every 30 seconds (because of long recast times).

Before you counter about efficiency, my response would be that sometimes it's better if the mob dies and you're lom than if it lives and you get to say that you got killed with mana in your tank.  And it gives you an incentive to get mana regen, preservation, etc. items.  Dots are also never partially resisted (ever land a "critical blast" for 100 points of your 675 nuke, and have to wait 30 seconds to try again?) and even if they are fully resisted you can recast them shortly after to try to land them.

No, dots aren't a tool for every job but it's not a good idea to underestimate them, imo.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Bengali

Quote from: Shere Khaan
Quote from: DiosTAs i said, doesnt hurt to try, and i sent in feedback inquiring if they wanted to give us group kragg, or a heal like the rangers

If they took our nuke for a group kragg I would quit playing this game instantly. Best not to even put ideas in their heads. Stick with the improved heal like rangers.

Shere Khaan

Why would they replace the nuke with group kragg?  I think the people feedbacking are talking about replacing group ios with group kragg instead, based on which of those would be used more (neither may be often, but one of them is better than the other to a lot of people) OR replacing group ios with a heal.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kharaf

QuoteScorp Venom + Ukun's Blood = 2380 total damage every 42 seconds

Frost Spear + Trushar's Breath = 1417 total damage every 30 seconds (because of long recast times).

In 42 seconds you can cast both spears twice for 2834 damage.  So not even worrying about crits, 2834 > 2380 and I'll bet a lot less aggro.

Tytallia

Flashback to school days... let's use a common denominator!

Scorp Venom + Ukun's Blood = 11900 damage every 210 seconds for 3780 mana total (if no part of the DoT is wasted)

Frost Spear + Trushar's Breath = 9919 damage every 210 seconds for 3668 mana total

Even though the dmg/mana ratio is better for DoTs I will still use nukes. If 1 tick of every DoT is wasted (mob dies before full effect hits) then the above example would be 10750 damage for DoTs. And I can't recall the last time I landed a crit DoT... nukes on the other hand.

I'm not saying burn all the DoT-users... I still use DoTs on very rare occasions. I have a 30% bonus to cold nuke damage focus so you can also say I am biased. :) Add that to the above gives 12895 damage for nukes.

EDIT: Bad math on my part should read 10365 instead of 10750.