Main Menu

The Hole

Started by Kelrish Ravenous, November 10, 2005, 03:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelrish Ravenous

While the normal experience (Non-AA) in the zone is not that impressive, at level 61 and later, 62, the AA XP was quite nice for a solo character - 1 AA about every 45 Minutes or so.

I tried Grieg's, but the monsters were a bit too tough for my taste and for the amount of experience they awarded - Though I will return there when I am a bit higher level.

As for what to hunt in the hole?

If you are familiar with the 'Waterfall' area, that is a good place to get started - At 60-61, just about everything should be dark blue to you, at 62, many of them will light blue - But I found the XP per hour there to be greater than that I have gained in PoV groups or in Grieg's End.

The Ghosts (Spirits of the City - high levels would be 'Old' city) have decent Magic Resist (Usually resist Slow 1 out of 4 times), but rather low poison resists - Even if they are Light Blue to you, they still give decent experience, due to the XP Modifier in the Hole.

The Golems (Destroyed Constructs - Higher level versions would be 'Ruined' Constructs) are nearly magic immune and not even worth trying to slow - Better off just using the mana to DoT or Nuke them.

My usual path goes along the ramp and not through the tower - Take the first left passage you see once through the gate, and just keep taking lefts until you reach the constructs - You can clear this area (Constructs have higher DPS due to being so magic immune and decent hit points - But are worth a bit more xp than the ghosts) and go through the room you first entered - This will take you down to the ghost area.

The Gargoyles along the wall above the spirit area DO summon. So watch dotting them to pull. They have decent Magic Resistance and Mitigate Slow - So I usually only bother trying to slow the named. They give decent xp and I usually take them out in clearing the area.

Avoid going too deep, unless you are confident in yourself - There is no place to run to in this hunting area, but you should be able to handle 2 or 3 of the monsters at once.

Healing and Damage Shield potions are a plus - I always bring a gate potion to get out.

Money seems better than Griegs, netting around 3-4k each trip after selling off the Crystallized Sulfur that drops like candy here (10-15p each on the Nameless) and it is quick, easy experience.
The Hungry Kelrish Ravenous ~ 70 ~ Basilisk Wrangler ~ The Nameless

Bibble

Excellent info. At 62 the destroyed give about 1-2% and the ruined give about 3-4%. Haven't been able to kill the brokens. They are pretty tuff, and I've failed to locate a safe pulling spot. I get an aa every 60-70 minutes.
Predator Bibble Bipp - 70 - Beastlord - Maelin Starpyre(vazaelle)

Bibble

bah double post

Bibble

This is still 4% AA at 65 if your fighting in the 2nd part of the city, which is still dark blue. Place is amazing.