Main Menu

Request for spoiler warnings

Started by Oiingo, November 11, 2005, 04:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oiingo

Perhaps the time has come for a spoiler/strat forum, or a way to distinguish hand-holding threads from the other material in this forum.

In the serverwide channel, someone had mentioned that the royals thread on this forum was sufficient for them to ``zone in and have loot on the mouse pointer without having to do any work.'' 

Another person mentioned that some folks like to learn encounters and it's easy to stumble across spioler information.

How about someone editing in a ``[SPOILER!]'' into thread titles so folks know what to expect, or maybe shuffle them elsewhere so it's clear that walkthroughs are going to be found there.

..and for the person that sent me a nasty tell for not giving away Thulli info on the serverwide channel: ..!..  That's what I'm talking about.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Nusa

Hmm? I could understand if you were talking about the campfire, but as far as I'm concerned, this is the spoiler/strat forum....drops, mobs, strats, whatever.

As for the riftseeker thread, "requests for advice" in the title is the same as shouting "spoiler". And if you did start reading it, just stop when it starts getting spoilerish...you wouldn't have found out enough to matter.

I suspect the underlying complaint some people have is that the spoiler info exists at all for some encounters...they don't like having to compete for the spawn any more than they do.

Tastian

Yeah I think this is a pretty debateable thing that wouldn't have a lot of impact.  If you find certain threads that you think kinda spring a spoiler on people please drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do.  Maybe a simple edit of "spoiler" or having the author editing in a bit of a warning.  I think it might have actually been nusa, but in one of the threads someone made it pretty obvious before they dropped some spoiler info. 

Overall though these are boards for the sake of discussion and almost everything shy of OOC forum is a "spoiler" of some kind.  Spoiler: X is better than Y, Spoiler: Hunt here, now, Spoiler: new spell is this, for that rune, to this person, etc.  Heck I think half of my posts or more are "spoilers" about encounters, gear, AA, spells or weapons hehe. 

Either way if you could PM me some examples I'll take a look at it.  8)

Dreead

Quote from: oiingo..and for the person that sent me a nasty tell for not giving away Thulli info on the serverwide channel: ..!..  That's what I'm talking about.
Haha, someone got mad because you didn't get them a spolier on a mob? That's just hilarious.

Katonis

The Beastlords in my guild get tells as well from competiting guilds just behind us in progression.  I have a feeling its a pretty common thing on every server.  I just wish they would finally figure out that we are never going to give them a strat and quit bugging us.

Kat

jitathab

I only give help to those that say theyu have tried a few times.. theres is a differnece between giving the strat because they havent attempted and giving help because they are stuck.

For example Royals - yes simple strat, executing a bit harder.

Katonis

I agree with that Jitathab and have done it before on a couple of occasions myself.  Its a whole nother story on current expansion progression mobs and other top raid mobs though.  Asking for strats on say Vule and Hivequeen or Vish and Mata and expecting an useable answer is just foolish.

Kat