Main Menu

Pling a barb bst?

Started by fordraceing_man, November 16, 2005, 03:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordraceing_man

i was wondering if anyone ever did like a self PL with a bst i have read about shammies that buy a bunch of DS potions and lvl up that way. i still havn't played my bst much because my mage is lvl 55 and i really don't want to do that 1-50 game again, is there any faster way to do this? BTW no guild no friends i can farm more plat with my mage though with about 50k to twink my barb bst out does anyone know the best method to get him up in lvls Quick.

Kanan

frankly, atm.. Monster missions.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

fordraceing_man

so MM's are the best exp? i have done a few with my mage this weekend during football cause they were quick and then i could watch 30 min of footbal. but anyways what lvls can i do MM's on? i think by the time i get the skull and leave the turt i will be lvl 3 so i can do them for the best exp in game from 3- what lvl?

Kanan

welp, if you've glanced at some of our gripe threads, you'll see some peeps not happy with the fact that, if u get some friends or you box in another toon, you can get amazing xp for the time & effort involved while your baby bst sits out in the guild hall or in pok etc doing nuffin but leaching xp.

This might be getting a nerf in the patch.  We'll see. 

One of main points of the MMs are that you can do them as a level 70, maxed out AA person with a level one, not-even-done-the-tutorial toon.

fordraceing_man

so you don't even have to be in the zone to get exp from the MM? you can actually just go fight somewhere else for exp and the other 5 people can just keep doing the mm and you will get exp for it?

Kanan

we'll see what the patch today does.  That's the way that many people were doing it, parking the new alt outside, or in their guildhall etc & just keeping them in group to get the task.  Some folks would just send out task invites as they'd near the end of a task that's basically soloable to give out free aas.

fordraceing_man

MM's still the fastest way to 70?

Kanan

/shrug.. still dunno... depends on the friends/boxes you have access to.

The guk misson had its xp lowered by approx 20% (at 70, its worth only about 80% of an AA vs 107 or so% of one)

It's still prolly worth it, bcs gear has become a total non-factor to getting a toon to level 70.  After you do that tho, you'll have to spend hours in pok casting your spells to be able to get one off in a combat situation ;p

Chickennuggets

In between missions... cast work up your divination.  Can't tell you how many times I've ran out of cloudies and caught aggro becaused I fizzled a bar of mana trying to get invis again.  That was by far the hardest one to work up for me.  Also /duel somebody in your group with a pet to work on your mele skills as well.  Go full on with him... slowing, self healing too... the works.  You don't get a chance to learn how to be a bst in MM, and this might help you.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kanan

Part of some of the important things to learn as playing the class is the timing involved on spells, ie, instinctually u learn that a spell is about to wear off in this timeframe.  I've killed my poor necro so many times bcs I don't have that instinct for snare's timing ;p

Chickennuggets

/agree.  With the way people know the MM now... it's not uncommon to have a 25 minute lockout from the next.  this could give a lot of time for dueling, and learning the class.  It's not the same as the normal monsters, but a lot better than going afk for a half hour to watch Herald and Kumar.
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Taiglin

I dunno....there is a lot of value in watching Heald and Kumar. The last few seconds when the news lady shows the police sketch had me rolling!

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Chickennuggets

Personally crossing my fingers to Heral and Kumar go to Amsterdam... they left that wide open for the 2nd movie  :mrgreen:
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

dainfrol

Quoteso you don't even have to be in the zone to get exp from the MM? you can actually just go fight somewhere else for exp and the other 5 people can just keep doing the mm and you will get exp for it?
Yup, I had a friend who's hubby was boxing Fairy mission and she was in group with them, but she was doing the halloween quest.  then when he finished the mission, she noticed the You gain party experience text.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)