Main Menu

Fuck you Yantis!

Started by Whiptail_Warclaw, January 01, 2004, 06:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiptail_Warclaw

In two days my "EQ life" has gone to shit. First I find out that a certain person has brought EQBeastlords and EQDruids, (I'm Lagduff Hairyfeet for the people who go to EQDruids) and now I visited the "New" EQDruids.com, today and the site has been ruined.

I don't normally swear in my posts, but:

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH YANTIS! DIE PLEASE!
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Davvol

Not eqdruids... man i loved that site when i was leveling up my druid, right now he is just waiting for my necro to hit 65, then i am gunna get him to 60  :? . My name on Eqdruids was Solendar... man some of my favorite sites are going down  :(
Davvol lvl 62 necromancer of Test
Solendar lvl 41 Druid of Test
Proud Member of Diciples of Defiance

Jarori Bloodletter

I TOTALLY agree, I HATE YANTIS and his "crew" of fucking scammers..
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Shadowmistik Darkcat of Veeshan

Magelo http://magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=870676

Hereki

I used to frequent eqdruids, but I never got on too well with a couple of the old regulars, who Spiritual used to give free rein to flame.  One day I just decided enough was enough, and gave up.  I'm sorry to hear of the change there, too.

Kivuli

You know, thinking about it more I can't help but think Oaga got the better of Yantis in the deal hardcore. I mean think about it: Oaga probably knew most of us would relocate (QED: we have). However, Yantis' money is still helping his father keep his house, and we still have a Yantis-free board. Yeah, it blows that our old EQbeastlord domain is gone, but I'd say that's a small loss compared to the Tucker that Yantis got (ownership of a site that hardly anyone goes to anymore). The same thing happened when Prexus.com was bought by Yantis. The community moved to PrexusEQ.com and has been happily living there ever since.

Thinking of it this way, I can no longer make myself feel bad about the situation. The way I figure it, Oaga took Yantis good. :D

Hrann

Kivuli, it did work out that way, but what Oaga really should have done was sold him the boards, then worked his best to get everyone moved off of them.

mac173

That may not have been an option. OAGA may be the Admin as a condition of the sale. The lack of activity on his part, the deleted links to other sites and such may be conditions he agreed to for the quick transaction. This happened fairly fast, so it probubly had conditions attached. I won't attack OAGA doing what he thought he had to. In hindsight I might have tried something different, but we all know the phrase, hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to critisize somthing after the fact, but it's very different at the time. Thats just the way life is. Even OAGA expressed regrets over the way things happened. Lets not turn into OAGA haters. Lets just get on with our community, our bickering, arguing, and opinionated rants of rage at EQ, SOE, and life in general.

Roaring Stormpaw

QuoteLets just get on with our community, our bickering, arguing, and opinionated rants of rage at EQ, SOE, and life in general.

rock on :)
Roaring Stormpaw
63 Savage Lord
Dragon Maw
Mith Marr

Juvaris

i completly agree with the last sentance by the original poster  :o :D
Juvaris Razorclaw
70th Season Beastlord
Bertox

BloodCelt

I'm sorry, I just do not buy the story about him just up and contacting him on the spur of the moment.   I think he and the holder of EQdruids got a letter with numbers large enough to give them a woody at the same time.   It's too big of a coincidence that both sold the same day.

We were sold out, oaga's integrity is zilch for me.  mainly because of some of his ramblings I've read on his other board (the test server board) about the eqbeastlords information that we as a community developed.

The bastard sold out, he should just say it and accept his place in the world.  you know the place... under the rock.

(slowly getting more pissed as I read into it more)
BC

Link to the test server thread mentioned above http://www.l33tgeek.com/testserver/viewtopic.php?t=1614&start=15
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Rellix

Laba

I agree with Bloodcelt. It's just too big of a coincidence. I know the mods and some have a great respect for Oaga, but you just have to accept that sometimes people we respect and admire can turn bad.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Ghoat

And 3 years from now, who will really give a shit?  Live and let live :)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

TheOriginalGronker

So I had a strange thought.  Not that I have ever payed much attention to the Yantis thing but what if ...

... Yantis was under contract from SoE to do what he does.  He basically 'owns' all the $$ EQ business apart from buying the game and paying the monthly fee.  Yet, noone hunts him down for obvious EULA and digital rights violations.  Its cheaper to PAY someone to 'own' all the naughty stuff rather than pay lawyers/investigators to hunt down the who-knows-how-many people that would have done it had he not have such a monopoly.  Or maybe he even pays SoE a 'cut' of the proceeds as part of this deal - they step on newcomers, he stays afloat.

Yeah I have strange thoughts.

Atropine_BB

Here are the facts:

OAGA owned and operated (for the most part) EQBeastlord.com

OAGA was offered a buyout for his ownership of EQBeastlord.com

OAGA accepted.

EQBeastlord is now owned by another entity.

I don't understand why everyone is ranting and raving.  This is a common business practice.  You can call it "selling out" or whatever you want.  OAGA made a shrewd move on his part to make some money.  I don't care if it was a move motivated by altruistic reasons for his fathers situation or for pure greed.

EQBeastlord.com was owned by OAGA.  He has every right to sell it.  When SoE purchased EQ from Verant why didn't all of you run from EQ saying "Verant sold us out!!"  You think SoE purchased EQ because they wanted to make the game better for the player base?  Or do you think they purchased EQ because the execs at SoE saw EQ as an incredibly profitable aquisition?

The fact is this.  Yantis saw EQBeastlord as a valuable business aquisition.  He made an offer, and OAGA sold HIS rights to that website.  I would have done the same.  If I had the opportunity to sell my time invested in EQ for a fair rate, I would do it without a second thought.

Everquest is a GAME.  This crap we all post here... who cares.  It's all about a game.  Yes, it makes you and I better at the game, but if I owned and operated a website geared towards gaming and had the opportunity to sell if for a nice profit... screw my "online community," I'm selling to the highest bidder.  You think a gaming website matters more than money, let alone his father?  Gimme a break.

If a gaming website or Everquest matters more to you than anything in real life, namely money or family, then...  answer that for yourself.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid