Main Menu

Pulling using the pet....

Started by Zorthaz, January 12, 2004, 02:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewzephyr

Quote from: Vaddin
5. Have pet follow you or pet guard you. Do not have the pet guard here. The reason for this is the pet will walk back to the spot you have it guarding rather than run back to you.

Um.... I do not know of any pet guard me command...

Pet Guard (here)
Pet Backoff
Pet Die
Pet Attack
Pet Follow
Pet Taunt

what command am I missing?
Quyx Shadostyx - 65 Vah Shir Beastlord
Sekani - 57 Iksar Monk
Aoumin - 53 Eurdite Necromancer
Fulcon - 40 Wood Elf Druid
Loyal Members of Da Hui on Quellious

Vaddin

There is also a /pet guard me command, it works the same as /pet follow.

You can also use /pet kill in place of /pet atack.  :)
Vaddin
Fennin Ro

Mhordel

Tested the 39th level pet on my LDON last night, with Talisman and P09 (we dont use a cleric very oft).  We are all 64/65th level, for reference.

It works about 80% of the time.

The 20% fail is if the pet gets smacked, stunned, and dies before he brings back your pull (out of assist range of other mobs) - you get all the assisting mobs.

All in all, though it works, it kinda sucks.  You lose oodles of DPS and offtanking with the 39th level pet.  And its a waste of mana and time to rebuff HP each pull on a NEW 39th level pull-pet.

IMO: This strat is good for splitting lower-assisting blue-cons as needed, but just is NOT going to help you on LDON 65th+ or LDON HARD.

I didnt try healing a pull pet while it was getting whacked, I *assumed* it would transfer heal aggro to me, but I suppose I need to test that too.  If I could heal in INC pet with a mob, without getting aggro for it, would make it much more viable.
[70.760+ *RETIRED* Wildblood] Mhordel (Wood Elf) <Company of the Golden Anvil>
Firiona Vie Server

Ghoat

On a hard run, that might be worthwhile for the time spent. But to me, on the normal, it just is not.  Pulling 2-4 is the norm for most of the groups that I am in.  

And on a "hard" a green pet ----->FP.

As far as agro on spells, maybe it changed.  But, when I was playing my shaman, I could single pull The Froglok Kings guards solo, then get him.  Ditto pulling Emp Chottal.  I pulled both with annul, where as Turgurs got me much love.  This was in the Kunark error, and I know for a fact in some situations I could get singles with annul & not other spells.  No clue if things have changed, of when if they did.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Hrann

You'd probably have to be sure to use Spirit of the Shrew on the lower level pet (I always use that on my pets anyway) to prevent it from dying so fast.

Still, that can be a useful strat in certan situations, if not during LDoN.  Thanks for the information :)