Main Menu

Cryptwood Tonfa

Started by Dreead, November 30, 2005, 08:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreead

This is basically for dummkopf, since i think he has it. But what are the graphics in game like? I really hope it has a nice graphic, since it's the only weapon i want to upgrade crystal hinted shinai.

I saw http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=45823 and that just looks AWESOME! Post a SS if you can!

Jili

I hate to be the one telling you, but Tonfa looks like a... yes a Tonfa. (Brown police baton) And it's small too, can hardly see it =P

Jililuokta_AB

Dummkopf

Hmm, i never play in 3rd person cam so i cant take screenies of myself, but perhaps jili could post one ;)

Yes, it kinda looks the same as on the icon, its a nightstick like weapon that is pretty small, even more so since half of it is alongside your forearm. Combat animation is normal punch animation.

Zanois

Done any parses with it yet? just curious how it compares to AM fists...

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Oiingo

Some images of the weapon on characters can be found in this monkly-business.net thread.

Three Redfang kills and no drop yet.  Hopefully one will appear on the corpse this next time so I can pick one up. If my calculations are correct, it's the best primary weapon for beastlords that's currently in the game.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Jili

Not sure if it's the best Bst weapon, but it's the one with best ratio.

Tonfu: 30/18 - pure ratio = 1.66
Runic Maul: 38/23 - pure ratio = 1.65

Runic maul has a LT proc and generates less aggro, so I would say that's the best one so far =)

mogtoth1

Hate to say this Jilli but its NOT BL usable from the alla post on it. Think Dreead only wanted to know if it had a graphic on it for another toon
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Oiingo

It's definately beastlord-usable. I'm in the guild lobby wielding one right now.  :)
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Dummkopf

Yep, im using one since a few days, check my magelo if you dont believe us  :evil:

mogtoth1

Must be another All snarl up then. My appologies
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Dreead

Couple days ago i was playing with the dps dealie.

Cryptwood came up far better dps then Runic bloodstained maul. I assumed because of the less delay was the reason, but I could be wrong.(this was after he fixed mauls proc on the dps chart)

Tastian

"Tonfu: 30/18 - pure ratio = 1.66
Runic Maul: 38/23 - pure ratio = 1.65"

Best to use a calc to factor in procs and other factors, but when comparing ratio should also factor in DB as a bare minimum.  That helps see the effects of the lower delay while using MH.  OH it doesn't factor in of course because of how sinister strikes works, but MH the DB is pretty important still.  In that case you'd want to do (weapon damage + DB)/delay  for both weapons and see how the numbers work out then.  So 2.5 for tonfa and ~2.3 for maul (MH of course).  Which means MH has ~8.5% increase from tonfa (ratio wise) instead of only ~0.6% improvement.  Proc of course matters too.  8P

Dreead

I just read that like 3 times Tastian, and I still don't understand! I thought i knew enough about weapons too, but i guess i was totally wrong!

Dummkopf

Wonder how our epic fits in with the newly found DP improvement:

Spiritcaller Shard of the Ancient
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE AUGMENTATION
Augmentation type: All slot types
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
DMG: 2 AC: 10
STR: +10 DEX: +10 STA: +10 WIS: +10 AGI: +10 HP: +30 MANA: +30
SV FIRE: +5 SV DISEASE: +5 SV MAGIC: +5 SV POISON: +5
Attack: +30 Mana Regeneration: +3
Required level of 70.
WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

Note that you wont see that aug ever, it is an invisible augment that will be added to your epic upon handin of the correct page. Stats will just add like for normal augs however.

I dont know if those shards are datamined, as far as i know my guild got the first one (for necros) and it had an increase to the original epic focus of about 8%, the spiritcaller one doesnt have this according to lucy and that puzzles me a bit.

Kanan

it does have that damage increase in it.

The pally one I saw linked (prolly datamined again) had a 4 damage mod on it.

This would make our epic 42/23.

I don't have a former guildie's Rainman ability to look at ratios & say what's better where w/o the calc'r.

Would epic still be used in 2ndary for this combo?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar