Main Menu

anyone hit by roll back?

Started by rdahl, January 20, 2006, 02:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdahl

I had 3 toons on 2 accounts hit.  One of the toons was buyer and the roll back gave me 50k back netting me a 35k gain overall.

From what I could tell the hard core exploiters quickly figured out how to take advantage of the roll backs and gained quite a bit from Sony provided dupes of plat and items.

As far as I can figure out the majority of the people who suffered any kind of losses during the roll back where the innocent and the naive. 

Personally, I was guilty on the account that lost plat (albeit I was naive) but innocent on the account that gained plat.

Any other stories?
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

tunr

nope, I have been playing my alts the last few days and have only bought/sold from the vendors that have been up since the beginning of time.
Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

Gunzak

Well there are now 70 pages of posts on the roll back on eqs forums.  Sony fucked over a large number of people and their response was to petition it but all you get is an auto response.  I actually hope people dupe 10s of millions of plat and fuck over every server economy and maybe forces Sony to fix the problem.

Well since then one forum has been closed, some removed and another is around 30 pages.  Looks like over 2000 complaints so far though some are from people posting multiple times.  Way to go SOE.  I will not be buying your expansion and when my game card runs out in march I will seriously consider leaving it closed.

Chickennuggets

Quote from: Gunzak on January 20, 2006, 05:14:22 PM
  I actually hope people dupe 10s of millions of plat and fuck over every server economy and maybe forces Sony to fix the problem.

But then that ass-hat is gonna comeback and write about how that messed up his buisiness.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Gunzak

hahaha thats so true isnt it.  Im just a little ticked off as I have some friends effected by this mess.

Sariss Bloodscale

I lost... 5AAs, about 10k in cash, 2 epic drops and prolly 20k more in items I had to sell.  I was rolled back once on Wed, and then my entire account was rolled back last night.

kabbus

I don't see how people were naive.  Sony/Verant were the ONLY reason for this whole mess.  Apparently from what I read, they put merchants in the POK zone that didn't belong there and for whatever stupid reason expected people not to buy from them.

Its SONY's bugs that are ruining the economy and the game, its not any "exploiting".  There is no such thing as an exploit when the company making the game is the one that puts it in there.  Sony is just trying to twist the story around to get the blame off themself.

I have rarely played the past 6 months.  But I think I even lost platinum in the bank that I was saving.  Saving because everything was overpriced as it is.

Et^Cetera

Quote from: kabbus on January 22, 2006, 12:24:56 AM
I don't see how people were naive. 

Ok, so the ingredients for all the new tradeskill recepes are on merchants, all priced at next to nothing, and people dont suspect it might be a mistake? hmmm right - THATS being naive.

Just HOW obvious does it need to be before you can call people naive? Having all the Epics on a PoK merchant for sale at 1copper?

Yes they shouldnt be there, yes its SOEs mistake, but geeze people, use a LITTLE common sense.

However, I do beleive that the Rollbacks of people 4 links down the trade-line was overly harsh, even when they didnt trade the TS items themselves.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Gunzak

If you received plat from someone for a buff and that someone traded with someone who traded with someone who traded with someone who used the vendor then you got rolled back.  You got 2 days of roll backs for casting a buff on someon in PoK.  Cant see how that was fair.  I have several guildies who were rolled back for doing nothing but buying food and water from a vendor.

If you purchased thousands of tradeskill items and droped them on the ground and had an alt pick them up then the alt was not rolled back and now has the items.  This has been verified.  There was also duping of tens of thousands of plat from Sony not by players because of the rollback.

Oh and the double experience weekend has a glitch.  First it only works on reg exp.  Finally its fixed and MMs crash with thousands doing nothing but them.  Then server crashes on stromm at 9:30pm pst and when it comes back up ALL double experience on server is removed and as of now is still gone.  I made 16aa from doing PoF, DoN and 69.1 Hard but I wish I had done HHK MMs like everyone else as I would have made 30+ before crashing.  2.5AA every 45min = 10AA every 3 hours.