Main Menu

Huge problem with duping and macroing within EQ right now

Started by concernedeq, December 04, 2005, 09:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chickennuggets

Pot... kettle.  Ketlle... pot.

So is this bitterness over your buisness going south?  Because you clearly don't have a problem with buying/selling plat, it only seems that you lost your corner in the market.  Listen there will always be people who cheat, and find ways to.  Either let it affect you or not.  I don't dupe, macro (any time spent learning the "language" would be better spent experiencing), or buy plat.  Some people do... who cares?  Is it gonna make me get a group more or less often?  Are my AAs going to come any slower solo?  BFD... some stupid kid who is good at it makes some cash, good for him... better than designing a virus for my puter to catch and not be able to boot EQ.  And I would also like to comment that it is in very poor taste to claim that the dupers/macro'ers are taking away from dental plans of children of people whom you employ to break the EULA.  Gimme an F'ing break.

My point is this: people cheat, can't stop that.  SOE has they're interests in letting it go, or stopping it.  Bazaar prices are inflated, the economy is crashing, and so is the sky.  I just play to have fun with friends and guildmates, and I'm sure thats the case with most.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

DontPetBear

I hate these guys in the bazaar.  They're the ones that have a /buyer trying to get all the high-end tradeskill items for cheap.  Then they also have a seller at the same time, selling the items for just a bit over what they bought it for.  You can see this in the Crystal market.  They buy them for say 96pp each, then resell for maybe 102-105pp.  You might think that's not a biggie, but think of how many crystals they sell every day.  1k, 20k?   They do it with hot tradeskill items like Glossy Drake Hides, or Metallic Drake scales too.  And god forbid you want to set up a /buyer and get 3-4 for a combine.  They will always beat your offer by a few plat.  Thus raising the price you pay for them, and the price they will be selling for in bazaar. 

It's just aggravating to me.  They are on there for one reason, to make real life money.  Not to get a few k plat and go spend it on stuff.  Or to buy up tradeskill stuff to make something for you or a guildy.  I would burn everyone of these frickin' $$%^$ to the ground if i could.  So damn blatant what they are doing.  And these are the semi-honest ones, using the current EQ system to make plat.  Just imagine how i feel about the dupers/hackers out there.  Bah, probably make this go to rants now, but this dang thread won't die anyway lol.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Jaeren

I couldn't read all of that well, crap you posted. I got through about half or so. Basically, you are complaining because you made a couple million or something and now can't make as much? Two words for you: Bite me. I work my ass off with two jobs and still dont make very much money at all. I'm on call 24/7 for both, etc. I have zero sympathy for you because you can't make the same amount of money you did before while you sit back and do next to nothing. You whine and complain that people ruined the game & ruined the market while you admit you were one of the first sellers. So if you and others like you hadn't started the market, the game woudl be different now.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

shenk

Quote from: DontPetBear on January 12, 2006, 04:07:23 PM
I hate these guys in the bazaar.  They're the ones that have a /buyer trying to get all the high-end tradeskill items for cheap.  Then they also have a seller at the same time, selling the items for just a bit over what they bought it for.  You can see this in the Crystal market.  They buy them for say 96pp each, then resell for maybe 102-105pp.  You might think that's not a biggie, but think of how many crystals they sell every day.  1k, 20k?   They do it with hot tradeskill items like Glossy Drake Hides, or Metallic Drake scales too.  And god forbid you want to set up a /buyer and get 3-4 for a combine.  They will always beat your offer by a few plat.  Thus raising the price you pay for them, and the price they will be selling for in bazaar. 

It's just aggravating to me.  They are on there for one reason, to make real life money.  Not to get a few k plat and go spend it on stuff.  Or to buy up tradeskill stuff to make something for you or a guildy.  I would burn everyone of these frickin' $$%^$ to the ground if i could.  So damn blatant what they are doing.  And these are the semi-honest ones, using the current EQ system to make plat.  Just imagine how i feel about the dupers/hackers out there.  Bah, probably make this go to rants now, but this dang thread won't die anyway lol.

Economics 101, need money to make money, buy low, sell high

Grbage

Notice how he says that he is a "legitimate" plat seller?
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

hakaaba

I wouldnt mind if someone were to lock this thread *nudge nudge*. 

The last thing we need is some dev who might on an off chance see crap like this on our forum and have that fact potentially prevent them from reading something about the serious bugs our class is facing.

Ok ok i know its unlikely but *shrug* its just a spam post this guy posted on every class forum.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Chickennuggets

I do the same thing with crystals... but not to seell the plat.  I usually help out guildies and friends and stuff.  That is part of the bazaar game, and don't see anything wrong with making plat legitamitely.  This guy is pissed because he can't kill Halas guards and sell the FSW for enough plat to make $500 anymore.
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Rutanya

You may call his motivations into question, but there is a real inflation problem out there. I've been dabbling in EQ for almost 5 years, and only in the last 8 months have I really started playing more seriously. While I've got a bad case of alt-itis,  my BL is my main, and I've managed to get her up to 43. I've been looking to upgrade my h2h weapon (currently a Fireclaw Talon  http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=7156), and the bazaar prices have been outrageous. Things that were 2k pp have now gone up to 10k pp in a few months, which does make it very difficult for the semi-casual mid-level non-twinked player. It's also hard for BLs because, unless someone can point me to a quest or mob I haven't heard about, none of the items that are dropped at my level are at all useful, except for the occasional piece of MM armor.

Chickennuggets

It is true that there has been/ is an inflation, but at the same time it's the same just the numbers have changed.  Most of the OOW drops, and other attunable gear can be gotten by anybody in a group, and the prices of those 1 groupable drops has gone up... because the stats are better than what was dropping two or three years ago.  The best of the best sellable drops are still the highest, and with enough normal one groupable drops and a little patience it really isn't that hard to save up 2 or 300 K anymore.  There is a camp in CC that is easily soloable at 70 that drops a bunch of evolving stuff, and decent gear to be sold on trader... nothing crazy for 100K... but 20K each and they do sell... thats 15 drops, only a few days of farming for 300K.

At 47 the cash won't be flying in... but over the course of EQ when has the cash rolled in for anybody that is just about 70% of the way to being maxed levels?  The game has changed, yes, but there has always been inflation, and there always will be... plat sellers or not.  I just get rubbed the wrong way when one of the claimed to be first plat sellers is pissed because he's not making the dumb money he once was.  Plat selling probably is impacting the inflation rates some... but it is not the soul cause of it.  The OP is a self incriminating ass concerning plat selling, but the evolution of the game and tradable gear drops is also most of the cause for the inflation.  When in luclin could you buy inbazaar 200hp gear with focuses?
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

hakaaba

I think people are just spoiled hehe.  You know what i used for weapons at level 43? a Polished Steel Ulak and a claw i quested for in Twilight Sea.  The highest +hp mod on any of my gear was probably 20.  I personally find it funny when i hear people complain about low level gear being not good enough or too expensive  :evil:

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

dainfrol

Quote from: hakaaba on January 19, 2006, 08:57:56 PM
I think people are just spoiled hehe.  You know what i used for weapons at level 43? a Polished Steel Ulak and a claw i quested for in Twilight Sea.  The highest +hp mod on any of my gear was probably 20.  I personally find it funny when i hear people complain about low level gear being not good enough or too expensive  :evil:

I agree, I was lvl 40+ when I finaly upgraded my lvl 5 rec. lvl chest armor from the tutorial because a friend gave it to me.  Most of my stuff my guild has very generously given to when I go with them to do stuff.  I say they are generous because they are mostly 70, with at least 200 AAs and me being much lower at the time I didn't really feel I was pulling my weight.

If it wasn't for my guild I'd be stuck in the 40's- 50's in lvl and still have mostly gear from the tutorial or the newbie armor quests, but that would not bother me at all.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Bibble

Something that would really stop these plat sellers is getting rid of player merchants. Make them stand there all day buying and selling in person if they want to make a living that way, just like the days in EC. Its just to easy to buy something then set it 50k, or whatever, higher. This would help build a better community ,too, something that has gone downhill.
Predator Bibble Bipp - 70 - Beastlord - Maelin Starpyre(vazaelle)

kayisiss

Quote from: hakaaba on January 19, 2006, 08:57:56 PM

Play old school people I mean don't any of you remember when if your lvl 20 sk had a full set of bronze armor and was encumbered just wearing it you were teh s@*#.  I mean I didn't upgrade from my tutorial chest piece until I was 54.  Yes lvl 54 and then I was sad because I thought it would be funny to be lvl 70 with that on.  Anyways I come across plat not by selling but by farming vendor drops or just regular pp granted I dont  have 100k+ but I do have about 30k regularly and I can save up for better stuff so why do people complain about inflation?

If you want to complain about inflation run for govenor and send it to congress, I'm sure they hear plenty about it.