Main Menu

DoD pet on Vish question

Started by Sutath, December 07, 2005, 04:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sutath

not asking for a strat, just wondering if dod pets create a death add on Vish if they splat before their timer runs out?
Dark Horizon--Xegony server

Oiingo

There was a patch message some time back which mentioned that NPCs (pets included) would not trigger adds.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Sutath

thanks thats good news to me, any chance on a link of that patch message? would help me to convince raid leadership in using pets on Vish then

Oiingo

I don't have a link, unfortunately.  I can provide a screenshot of my guild doing Vish with all the pets up if that would help convince your guild. :)
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Tastian

You should put a spoiler warning before that post O.  8P  Does your guild condone you letting people know some uber strats like using pets?  8P 

Sutath

ty Oiingo for answering my question, i hope that wasn't some super secret strat lol, but serious was just a question if pet deaths created death adds, and since O said there was a patch about that i don't really think he was giving out a strat =)

Dreead

I have a screenshot of pet spam deaths, since my slaining messages are filtered to a different box. If that might help you.

Oh yea, and my pet pet(not warder) has maybe died once, in our 10+ vish kills

Sutath

can pm me the screenies and i can show guild leaders shots of pets up and dieing and not creating death adds. i am just tired of the "no pets" when between the dod pet and warder is a make up of our dps and we can't use them

Dreead

I will do, when I go home for lunch. Bout 2 hours.

Sutath

well still no luck on convincing raid leadership to let pets be used on raid =(

Dreead

Ok, 3 different vish kills, 3 different days, 3 different screen shots.

It's the whole screen shot, not choped or anything, so posting in a different reply.

Chat 5 is slainings window, and i have my Pet Hits window also, it's obvious.

Sutath

thanks Dre, i'll show the ss and see if i can convince them, hopefully it works, i talked to the leader and he' s just scared to use pets on Vish, also worried about the push.

On another note Vish down to 18%, shouldn't be long and he'll be down

Dummkopf

Well, dont have many screenies about vish since hes just an easy farming target to be done if nothing else is up. I dont use my warder on him because the mana and time used to keep him up is too much hassle compared to just chaining bestial empathy, however pets are certainly allowed and as i said i purely chain bestial empathy, mana isnt an issue since clouds refresh that anyway (the big thing is to keep trying to be oom just as the new mana hits :)).

Kanan

that's how I tend to operate myself.  I will use the DoD pet extensively, and have just had warder being growl battery, since he's frankly useless due to the ae ramp.

We've not done as well as y'all have tho Sut, so /shrug.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar