Main Menu

DoD pet on Vish question

Started by Sutath, December 07, 2005, 04:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sutath

update, am getting leadership to think about pets, biggest concern is the extra push
Dark Horizon--Xegony server

Oiingo

Push works both ways and can be controlled.  Hint of the moment: Pets don't eat riposte damage.  Imagine your DPS if you could put all your melee at the back and have pets stay on the sides and front.  Oof!
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Shirrkarn Ayge

/shrug.. Took me about 2 months from recruiting to convince leader that pets were not the spawn of the devil . Till then it was 'NO PETS' regardless of mob
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Essant

Yea .. warder is definitely ramp bait on Vish so pretty worthless.  I usually do egg-calling duty tho, so i dont dps the dragon much if at all anyway.  Seems to make sense that those of us the wield blunt weapons call the eggs to get on em fast.

DoD pet .. yea sometimes .. usually close to the end of his life tho .. cos thats when it gets sketchy and you get to the point sometimes where you feel you need all the dps you can get to put him down.

Problem is push can be an issue .. and DoD pet pushes A LOT .. so  mind your position and try not to go too crazy chain casting DoD pet from one side with you on it.

You wanna keep Vish pretty stationary.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Sutath

well thought i'd put an update on here, Vishimitar dead--- still no pets allowed
Dark Horizon--Xegony server

Constaq

I will blow thru 30k plus of mana on DD/dod pet  on vish.

1. it helps pin it against rocks if  you set up right
2. It dose not spawn a skelly nvr has. 
3. I use warder first 10% and last 25% usaly park the bear outside AE ramp so i can use Growl and can call it in to kill mana clouds.

when i joined PS they never allowed pets.. Mages and pet hold not a strong point :). Now we are dropping 4 werewolfs/ 4 mage garg. and what ever the necros do.  Pets get no resist like DD/Dots...

well thats what we do