Main Menu

Xegony - Simple question (I hope)

Started by Shieara, August 26, 2005, 08:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

Hello,

I'm not sure if this topic is appropriate for this forum still.  Maybe Xegony is considered old hat by most, so please feel free to move this topic if needed.  But anyways, I lead an open-raiding organization on Sol Ro/BB and we're starting to look at doing the EP gods and moving to Time.  We did Fennin and also have done the Arbitor for Earthb access, and I think Xegony is our next step. 

We are working on gearing up and getting the key.  I just was having problems figuring out exactly where the zoneup to Xeg's island is.   So umm..anyone mind giving me a hint?  Most of us are from small guilds and haven't killed her before, so we are really excited about giving it a try.  Thanks in advance for any help.

KirishuRN

It is past the spider area. You will need to kill all 4 of the minies to obtain a key. Best way I have seen it is to have a necro obtain all the keys, zone up and summon the raid. There is a nasty mob that sits right at the zonein to Xeg.
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shieara

Thank you very much for your help.  We will go up there an explore soon!

Tannyon

we do it with a mage, who's pet is keeping the ZI mob busy

jitathab

We used 3-4 key holders,
Kill the keyholder
Loot corpse all but one crappy item
keyholder joins a group and goes up
res the keyholder down,
RL moves group and repeat

Worked pretty well.

Takes approx 45 mins from ZI to get raid onto Xegony Isle this way.

To get a necro up top you need to spend the same amount of time anyway to place it, and entire raid has to die.

Khayden

Quote from: Tannyon on August 27, 2005, 07:05:39 AM
we do it with a mage, who's pet is keeping the ZI mob busy

I thought Xeg's island was all flagged no coh?

We used to DA run a necro keyholder up.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Skratz

(doing this after raid plows to rainbow)
QuoteWe used 3-4 key holders,
Kill the keyholder
Loot corpse all but one crappy item
keyholder joins a group and goes up
res the keyholder down,
RL moves group and repeat
/nod
only 3-4 deaths that way, instead of EVERYone dieing.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

KirishuRN

Now adays it will be easy to do it that way. Back in the day, there was no moving people from group to group like it is today =).
Although it was fun making a run through the zone to see how far you could get before being owned. I almost made it up all the way to the spiders with bard speed once  :-P
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shieara

Hehe thanks guys.

We are hoping to take her down next week..so wish us luck!  Everyone is all pumped up about it.

Edit: Okay first try was a fail, but since noone knew exactly what to expect I think we did fairly well.  Thanks everyone for the info...found the clickup np.

jitathab

If want tips on controlling the adds just post :p

Shieara

Lol, I would gladly take any tips offered.  I'm not as hyped about figuring things out on my own as pulling a win situation.  The problem we ran into is, with the named add aeing silence, our knights couldn't pull aggro on him.  I'm thinking we may just need more numbers, or maybe we need to move the cc groups a little further out so that we have more time to react.  At least we have a bridge set up now so we can reattmpt it quickly...the first time it took awhile because we crawled to the clickup.

jitathab

ok heres my top tip on add dealing, may or may not work for you depending on numbers

3 spotters per side

2 teams per side

Key point here!

Position the screen teams at the edge and after Xegony pulled, they spread out to the boulders. SO you have a line between the big boulders in the West and the edge in a diagonal line. I think theres a tree on both sides that help you position.

Then its simply a case of spotters yelling, north or south, and the in place team can then pick up the mobs. Make sure no one runs accross too close to the boulders or they will agro the big mobs.

Things to watch!
Do not engage too near the boulder or near the spawn points, why? the big mobs in the center will add which will ruin your day.

TBH Xegony was pretty simple when we did her, 2nd attempt. 9 Clerics IIRC. The biggest problem of the kill is controlling the DPS and engaging the adds quickly but not too quick. These things are hard to agro and you need to mellee them to build agro, rangers plingy arrows or casting snare wont cut it.

Oh and final tip, once the adds are down do not let the screen team run in and gank Xegony, any push on Xegony will soon cause you a headache.

Shieara

Thanks for the tips.

Really our first try went very well.  Cheal loop was solid and tank was doing fine on positioning and such.  We just got surprised by the waves starting so soon (knew it was every 15%, didn't realize it started from 99%), and that threw us off, along with one of Xeg's guards coming on the pull.  Then the ae silence came and...well...that was that.  But considering we went up mostly blind as to how things work I thought we did pretty darn good.  I was proud just to be able to attempt it.  My guild is really small, so I never thought I would get to see her.

Next attempt we will move CC groups a little further out and maybe adjust our tank spot.  I like the idea of spotters though...will use it for sure.  We won't raid next week since most of our members will be raiding and exploring with their guilds, but the week after we will give her another shot.  Thank you very much for the help.

Shieara

Heyas.

I just wanted to thank you guys for all your help.  We finally beat Xegony last night using a pet pull to get her (no monks/bards were there).  Had four beastlords though, rawr.  It was pretty much a blast.  When we pulled her we did get a guard, and were down to 3 clerics from it and our second tank.  But anyways we did manage to recover and win...go go shammy/druid ghetto rezz.

Anyways I really appreciate all the help from you all.

Onwards now to Rathe!

Maylian

Congratulations.

I would say that Rathe is easier event than Xegony to control. Takes longer but with a solid enc team and clerics you should have it down in no time. My guild did it first attempt which was quite an achievement then.