Main Menu

MPG "Simon Says" raid trial - help needed.

Started by jitathab, December 08, 2005, 05:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Looking for some tips on the "simon says" mpg trial, tried it several ways including...

Ranged only on the dragorns - everyone else run around.

Mellee zerg the dragrons, with AE heals

Zerg the dragrons with AE heals and avoid emotes.

Results always the same, people die, emotes get faster and it becomes impossible to do anything.

Am I better off taking less people in, is thier a minimum? Should i be kicking people out the raid who always die.
Are thier any mechanisms that make it impossible to succeed with low numbers?

Suggestions please.

Kanan

most important thing really on this one is to just pay attention.

This, imo, ain't a real spoiler: make a separate window & put all "Other" into that window.   That'll catch the emotes to give ya a chance to see em.

I personally hate this trial, because I have done what the emotes instructed & still got pasted for it.  Really angered me.  /shrug.. anyways.. the biggest key here is to pay attention. 

It used to have true safe spots, way up on the wall.  They eliminated these a while back (our first win took almost an hr bcs those who were able to find the safe spots did the ranged dps to win it very slowly ;p)

Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Saniiro

When I did this trial, assuming it is still the same the mobs were rooted, didnt summon, and didn't follow normal rooted mobs agro rules.  We would have casters maintaining agro and melle could go fight the mobs and they wouldn't attack anyone.  My suggestion would be to tell your tanks NOT to taunt them, and have your wizards / necros go nuts with agro.  This helps a bit, but the main factor is having a raid that is paying attention.
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

jitathab

Hmm a raid that pays attention, oh well guess we never win  :evil:

Another question related to MPG trials, is thier a time limit on any of them ?

Kanan

purty sure its 6 hrs, tho I heard recently that simon says has something going if u get insufficient people inside it that ends it.  Not real sure on this one.

Rarrum?

Maylian

Simon Says ends when you have 5 or less people in the trial. My guild have had a couple of practice runs just to watch the emotes and see how long we can survive, after 10-15mins only 4 left in zone and trial ended.

I think Adaption ends if he gets back to 100% but i'm not entirely sure on that.

All the other trials seem to be as normal though.

Kanan

they altered that to fix a minor bug.

It used to be that with more than 3, the center became safe.  We once got it down to like the last guy, had only like 3 peeps left in zone, 2 monks & another non-range dps.  Think the monks did their shurikens & dragonfanged him down, timing b/w the aes perfectly.  Obviously this won't work anymore.

Pakratz

Not a strat, but audio triggers on the kyv emotes helps.