Main Menu

FAST EXP not barely live to get exp

Started by Hoov, December 14, 2005, 02:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoov

i am a 70 beasty and want fast kills to get exp.. i know bot is easy and fast exp.. i know gregs is easy and fast exp..

im not looking for wos (though i can solo there) lotsa hp .. plus i can kill 3-4 in bot in the same time for same exp with little to no downtime..

that is what im looking for little to no down time..

what spots do yall have besides what i have posed here?

Kanan

/points a lil further down

if ur fire flagged, c1 is still frankly hard to top in regards to return for difficulty.

Bring a stack+ of HoT potions & ur golden.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Chickennuggets

Would love to try fire some time.  Need to bribe my way into getting piggied into an open raid for it... guild not quite there yet.  As far as the topic goes... I've actually done a bit of exping in Ssra temple lately.  I would put it at around the same level of difficulty as GE (beginning areas anyway), and if I remember correctly the shissar scales sell pretty nice.  Something different to give a try anyway.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kanan

well.. it ain't all that nice to be honest, but you can mow through those light blue mobs like no tomorrow.  The shissar scales should still be selling nicely, as their like 3 or 4 races best path to 290 tailoring.

Sariss Bloodscale

Aye, Shissar scales sell very well.  Snakes have a buttload of hp though, maybe not to the same level as GoD+ zones, but I know they have more than the mobs in Griegs.  If you're well-stocked offensively, you should be fine in Ssra, otherwise it might not be the most efficient path for you.  Either will be safe, it's just time vs exp gained to look at.

Kanan

caster snakes have approx 10k hps (1k nuke eats 10% of em).  The live snakes have a bit more, but not that much more.

Tardar

That, and the mitigation of that snake skin slows down the kill rate.  Most are only partially slowable too, IIRC? 

Kanan

/shrug.. if I get a single, I don't usually slow em so that the DS can do its work a lil better.  The taps usually more than keep up with em.  Even elites swing so slow relative to oow+ mobs now.

Heh.. tanked Rhag1 recently.  God.. unslowable.. but I've had 100% effectiveness slow mob that hit fast than he did ;p

Skratz

Plane of Storms is also a good place to "mow" mobs.  Stay away from giants, but trash in the first field is easy and decent xp.  Lots of wanderers and chance for adds though.
Droga can also be plowed through fairly quickly.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Essant

When I solo for xp, I go to one of 2 different places .. either C1 fire or east murk caves in WoS.  That's it.  I've found nothing better soloable with that kind of sustained kill rate.

SSRA isnt very good for xp solo at 70.  I go there all the time for scales.  The zone tends to go from 'rediculously gimp' to 'umm .. curiousity almost killed the cat' real fast.

Gimp side aa moves a little which makes the pain of farming a little more pleasant, but i thought about moving upstairs a bit too since, you know, im like all uber and stuff now (/sarcasm) and managed to play with eye of zomm and pet and get behind a couple locked doors and pulled (3) Crypt Guardian's down on me at once.  I was pretty happy I made it out of there alive.  After I killed them, of course.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Kanan

heh.. pulling an entire long room (10 mobs at once?) got me ded a coupla months ago.  Might've lived if I would've corner tanked ;p  Just couldn't cast the heals with that many swings comin at once ;p

Essant

Oh man .. one of the most interesting and stressful fights I've had recently (solo) was down in Chardok, I 2-boxed my druid down there as a rogue shroud to let me in to solo the King.

I'm in the safe hall in the corner, and I get a runner that hobble didnt stick on for some reason.  Actually I think it was because I had my 39 pet out at the time getting ready to pet pull King and had big-kitty in the pocket so, of course hobble probably got resisted a ton.

Not kidding .. my friend was watching over my shoulders .. I'm telling him .. I'm gonna die .. I'm gonna die ...

No less than 12 mob train came knocking on my door.  No time to slow.  No way of knowing which mobs i really slowed or not anyway with that many, so basically said EFFFF slowing  it.

Fortunately, I keep a good /pet assist hot key ready.

Fortunately, Staunch Recovery (or whatever the insta heal aa is) was up ..

Fortunately, my Jester was up.

Fortunately, my Steadfast Servant was up.

Fortunately, I had healing pots and PoS ready.

and God Bless LIFETAPS!

I floated at 20% health for a long time, just fortunately every mob that I assisted my pet on just meant that dps taken to me got less and less and future survivability odds went up .. but it was pretty intense, my friend was freaking out as he watched the monitor over my shoulder .. just frantic trying to time everything right that comes from experience.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

darury

I'm suprised no one mentioned one of my personal favorites for PL'ing\Leader Points:  Temple of Droga.

From the start mobs are at LEAST light blue with the majority being dark blue but insanely easy.  I'll typically run thru here with my bardling and some friend's lower level twinks.  You can literally chew thru half the zone without a single heal.  The I just turn around, run back to the entrance for some more.

The other benefit is the cash\tribute drops are very nice indeed.
The Action Figure Army
Darsacat 70 Beastlord -- Darury 70 Cleric --  Nulyen 70 Druid -- Mjah 70 Magician -- Jumlum 70 Bard

Tastian

I used to hunt droga for tribute/break from C1.  The spot a bit in where it opens up before you go right toward king has a ton of mobs and several named.  It's been forever, but I think I'd go right and for a named necro room, then up for named rogue, then east for named SK, then further east for named mage.  Decent coin, skins/salts, stuff tributed well.  It's also much faster paced as you can fight a few mobs at once and kill very quickly instead of the slower kills for bigger exp gain. 

If you go down in by king I think all is dark blue, but that might have been back at 65, it's been awhile since I hunted there.  The mobs are harder though, but several other drops you can farm from named in that area as well.  Lots of options though and especially for a lower geared/AA'd person the risk/time/return is quite good.

Kanan

hmmm... buddy of mine used to go in there a lot, esp for the trib farming.... guess I should head that way.... /digs through his maps ;p