Main Menu

Mayong Mistmoore

Started by Saniiro, December 21, 2005, 03:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saniiro

Came across this pic on my guild's website,  haven't seen demiplane for myself, but I think that this is a pretty neat boss model.  Looks quite painful...

Another pic of him found here, apparently he changes names once engaged.

http://eqoutrider.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=257
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Dummkopf

Nice, that's a pic from my guilds last night raid. Click the guild link in my signature to see the original site of that pic (pic of the other form there as well).

Saniiro

Cool, any info on the event?  I'd expect it to be damn near impossible. 
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Dummkopf

Well, thats what the devs told us, no other info available of course ;)

Kanan

grats Dumm & co on downing him.. fun fight sir?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Jili

Very fun fight and nice to finish the expansion, but the loot could have been a tad more uber for the last boss  :cry:

Kanan

ya mean bracers weren't at the top of your upgrade list? ;p /chuckle

nice clicky, but, umm.. yeah ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Oiingo

Some notes on the encounter, first the negatives:

It's a fun fight, but it's a shame that it's broken.  I was hoping at last one -- especially the last encounter of the expansion -- would work as intended. Notification of the bug was sent to the developer on December 29th, any bets on how long it takes to get fixed? ..and a big ..!.. to all those who say end game guilds don't report bugs even if it'll make the encounter harder once they are fixed.

Positives:

Someone *really* needs to get the sword animation video online where folks can check it out.  It's Billy Badass(tm). Oh yeah, what do y'all think of that music?  Even with sound disabled, it'll still play. :)
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Oiingo

Mayong has now been defeated three times (two of those by one guild) and he's still not fixed, but to everyone that thought raiding guilds were for the birds: You owe it to yourself to progress through content just so you can see Mayong's animations.  They are, without a doubt, the best in all of EverQuest.  From his sword toss (video going up tonight!), to his spinning jump kick, to his dead animation.  Absolutely the *best*.  A tip of the hat to whichever developer did those. Matter of fact, think I'll go post the same thing over at EQ Live. :)
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Dummkopf

Have to agree, his animation is great, but not only that, the model is very very well designed. The fight is fun and the only bug i can think of now isnt a big deal, still annoying since it makes the encounter too easy.