Main Menu

Mage pet outdamaging me and my pet

Started by Bibble, January 07, 2006, 03:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibble

Something I found out the other day while I had my mage sit outside the group "helping" me level. I'm 64 57AA, he is 65 22AA. He does not have the flurry AA, or any AA that would be considered good. I'm hasted and pet is hasted. If I send mage pet in at the beginning the mage KSes me easy. I've had the mage KS me when I wait till 70%. I'm using 17/20s with a 31% haste item. If I use my nukes the pet doesn't KS me, that is assuming I send him in at 70-80%.

This just seems like a little... BS? I can understand we shouldn't have pets equal to mages. We gain a tad bit more tanking ability. Is this a known problem that anyone has talked about? I'm a being too unreasonable to think that equipped in bazaar gear I (including my pet's damage) should be able to outdamage a mage pet?
Predator Bibble Bipp - 70 - Beastlord - Maelin Starpyre(vazaelle)

Chasom

Are you having your pet attack or is it attacking on its own when the mob hits you?

Bibble

I'm not sure I understand your question. He does both. I pull and he attacks when I get to my pulling stop, when the mob starts beating me.
Predator Bibble Bipp - 70 - Beastlord - Maelin Starpyre(vazaelle)

Chasom

This information is pulled from the deepest recesses of my mind, so I cannot vouch for the accuracy.  I remember reading a discussion one time where someone was having similar issues as you.  They discovered that if they hit the pet attack button to tell their pet to attack their target, then they got the exp.  If they did not, they were often KSed.  At the time, it seemed like pet damage wasn't being counted unless the /pet attack command was issued.  I thought this issued had been resolved, but by the same token, who knows what they've done to pets since they started attacking PCs in MPG.

rdahl

Mage pets will out damage and out tank our pets, however our pets will usually gain agro over theirs, go figure.

If the Mage is there to PL you he will have to suspend or kill his pet before the mob dies for you to get exp.  That's how a Mage PL works.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

tacyttik

You cant suspend a pet that has aggro, so you'd have to kill the pet for each kill.

shenk

Quote from: tacyttik on January 12, 2006, 05:01:09 PM
You cant suspend a pet that has aggro, so you'd have to kill the pet for each kill.

or zone

hakaaba

Hes saying the mage pet outdamaged both him AND his pet, not just his pet. Yes mage pets do more dps but not *that* much more.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Thaeliun

I found just the opposite recently in Wos with my 70 BST (casual/bazaar geared) and at the time 69 mage.  I wanted to just pull and tank for the mage while both pets beat on the mob and he nuked.  Mage was using CoW while I am still stuck with the 68 bst pet.  The mage had to throw his big nuke twice (Bolt of Jerikor for 3k+ damage) just to have a chance of getting xp.  After a few pulls I gave up trying to "PL" the mage and just grouped them again.