Main Menu

6th toon to add, with a twist

Started by Banvaren, January 09, 2006, 09:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banvaren

I currently 3 box a Pal/Bst/Cleric set up and it works really well in places like RS and the Nest. A friend of mine has a Rog main and he bought himself a Druid to 2 box. The thinking was that we needed a toon that could snare on demand and he wanted a toon he could use to help him travel.

Now he wants a 3rd box as well. This toon would ideally serve 2 needs; it would be a puller for us when we group together, and it would be a tank when he wants to 3 box in some gimp place like WoS.

The 3 obvious choices are Bard, SK and Monk. Bard would be the best puller, but it would also be the hardest to box and would not be a great tank. SK would be the best tank, but they seem to really be a second rate puller. Monk would be a good puller, but offers little to no utility other than that when it is boxed.

Suggestions on these 3 options plus anything I may have missed?

hakaaba

If you pick bard, your topic is a nice pun    :D

But if hes 3 boxing and he wants it to keep aggro over a rogue, bard would be a poor choice.  Im not sure about monk aggro but its probably a tradeoff between how good a puller he wants and how good a tank he wants.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Kanan

With a rogue there, the SK is prolly ur best bet tbh.  Can pull, can FD, can tank, should not be out-agro'd by the rogue.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Sariss Bloodscale

SKs can make excellent pullers.  That would be my choice.

Chickennuggets

Sk hands down... FD pulling, great aggro control, group recourse spells... only problem I could see would be him running two melee... but to each his own.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Khauruk

If you're 3boxing RS/Nest, I assume you have some decent gear, and could get it for whatever the 6th box is.  That said, a monk can be a fine tank with a bit of gear/AAs.  Just have him buy stun/DD augs from DON so the monk can hold agro.  With Qvic gear a monk can 2box MPG easily w/ a cleric.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kenusten

I used to group with a bard/cleric husband wife team a lot.  I generally ended up tanking because the bard couldn't keep aggro off of the shaman, cleric and druid.   For both tanking and pulling, SK would definitely be the best choice.  Monks could be viable as tanks, but like beastlords it takes a lot of AA and good gear to get then there.  I.e., when LDoN first came out, I ended up in a couple of LDoNs where a monk from one of the high end guilds on my server was the tank.