Main Menu

Start with level 68 Spells?

Started by Et^Cetera, January 09, 2006, 09:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Et^Cetera

Trying to plan out my future a bit and recently hit 66. As my second account doesnt have Gates or Omens I havent set foot in the content and am staying in POP zones. Therefore I will be buying my runes out of the bazaar.

As of about 5 minutes ago on AB, the cheapest rune prices are:

Muramite - 5k
Minor - 6.8k
Lesser - 8k.

Is it possible to skip Minor and Lesser lines completely and go straight for 3 Normal runes and get Pet, Haste and Proc? Or do I have to turn in all the minor .. then all the lesser before I can start turning in normal runes? Or  will he not play ball with me?

Many thanks
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Tardar

As long as you are of qualifying level, you can turn in any runes, in any order.  So the answer to your question is yes.  You can skip all the 66-67 runes, and just get 68 runes. 

Kanan

yes you can.. but umm.. level 66 is new pet heal, level 67 is new other heal, new focus & new SV, so they are worth getting.

Tho your best bet is to take ur pair to NC & camp the packmaster camp.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

boboff

or get a freindly int caster with really good research ability and having a chat with them about vellum's :)

Squirrely

What is the best way for a 68 beasty to get runes . Had a guildie make a couple of the 68 spells but would like to get the 67 spells. Dilema do I need grp to farm or can they be solo and what would be reccomendations.

Squirl

Cost of lesser runes on Luclin are 15k

Gharrik

I'm curious about this also.  I've gathered up all the AAs I have the patience for at 65 and I want to move on, but I don't want to spend a ton of plat on spells in the 66-70 range that are just going to be obsoleted by cheaper, easier to get spells later.  I thought about just going after the 68 pet and pet haste, but another, more extreme, option I've considered is to just skip the whole set of spells and go straight for the next pet level.  I mean, I tank for my pet all the time anyway, and I have 65% slow, so the spells in that range would just be a DPS boost and I might get more DPS return from buying better gear with my plat and skipping the spells.

Failing that though, is there a rune camp that is doable before I outgrow the spells anyway?

Damim

You can skip most of the spells, but I would highly recommend getting at least the level 70 slow.

Shieara

I'd make sure I looked into the level 70 slow.  Empathic Fury and Growl of the Panther aren't bad to look into either.  I still use these...

Nusa

Quote from: Shieara on August 05, 2008, 02:35:14 PM
I'd make sure I looked into the level 70 slow.  Empathic Fury and Growl of the Panther aren't bad to look into either.  I still use these...

Agreed on all three.

Sha's Legacy is the first spell given for a 70 rune...or it can be tradeskilled these days. We do not get any higher-level slows than this (unless you count the pet-slow proc). When I play the primary slower, I often mem both the 65 and 70 slows to avoid the recast delay.

Empathic Fury I think is quest-only still. You'll need a group to do the four DoD missions. No upgrade to this either.

Ditto for Growl of the Panther. It's one of the rewards for completing Tier 2 DoN. There are upgrades, but the most important part of the spell (20% damage bonus) is the same while costing more mana to cast. Many of us shun the upgrades as situationally useful only.