Main Menu

Useful DPS calculator

Started by Rykusx, January 14, 2006, 11:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rykusx

Posting this since some people might not know about it, I suggested it to a beast on my server tonight:

http://202.85.94.25:8080/kit/eq/dpscalc.jsp
Rykusx
75 Troll Beastlord
Maelin Starpyre

Tardar

Akinlore

Very useful tool, but can I ask what is a good DPS for a Bst ?

Copied the table below based on my weapons and stats.

DPS              Melee      Proc        Total
Mainhand    38.15       6.17         44.31
Offhand       26.14       1.16         27.30
DW Total     64.29       7.32        71.61

Is this reasonable for a 65 Bst or do I need to work  on some offensive skills ?

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things, right now I am so far behind I will never die.
Feral Lord Akinlore - 70 - Beastlord - Cazic Thule

Tastian

"Very useful tool, but can I ask what is a good DPS for a Bst ?"

It varies far too much to really say.  What you can do is plug in some other numbers and see where you could get to.  See what some more atk or more AAs or weapon changes might give you.  In many cases the gains for bst are smaller and slower than for other classes because our dps also comes from pet and spells. 

At 65 that's prett y solid, but lots of things change and there's lots of different progression points later on in the game.  I'd just plug in numbers and see what some others might be doing based on different gear/AA and that will give you a much better idea of where you stand instead of just having people blurt out random dps numbers.  *shrugs*

Akinlore

Thx for that Tastian.

Will have a go at adjusting the combat effects and other figures and see what difference it makes, may help me decide were to go with some AA's
God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things, right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Tastian

Can just use the AA calc in the AA section to see which AAs give the best return in terms of cost to dps gained if that is what you are after.

Adjusting the figures for yourself helps a lot though because it gives you more information to go on.  When other people quote dps they could have other buffs, vast array of gear, fighting low armor mobs, or high armor mobs, etc.  The number can be very mis-leading where as looking at where you are verse where you could be or what you might aquire lets you better understand where you fall and what you'd have to give up in order to make certain gains.

Akinlore

The link doesnt seem to be working as of today, anyone know if it is just down for a bit or permanently down ?

Kanan

I've not tried the link at top here, but when I went to the equipment section & clicked the link on Animist's post, it pulled up just fine.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Fuzzyclaws

Dun keel me, but is this gonna be updated for 71-75? :p

Kanan

some've asked Animist for access to the code, since he's not able to get it updated.  I've not heard word yet one way or the other on the update.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Constaq

this pretty cool thing, what the chance of updateing it?