Main Menu

NC Fight question....

Started by Dankmann-The_Rathe, January 18, 2006, 11:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dankmann-The_Rathe

is the Stone Thrower (bazu) in nc an inactive mob(being hes for bard 2.0)..he is KOS...didnt try castin on him due to i was the one there and alot of ferans and drogons around...he walks through the valley there where jigamo whatever it was..at this point was wondering before i dragged a small force out there..thanks guys

Dankmann Hightimes
The Rathe
Dankmann Hightimes
The Rathe

Iskandar

He's very active, and he will aggro and attack if you get close enough.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Kanan

he hits pretty hard too =/

last time I did this fight or the warr 2.0 (both are in same canyon area), I saw the stonethrower up, but he despawned before rest of the raid caught up with me.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Gatorr

Stone Thrower was up when I tried to duo this fight tell I could get more I had pulled and killed all 4 of the crushers and had a full group by then Me, my druid box a rogue, druid, shaman and shamans berserker box.  Well I had just one more mob to pull which was the Bazu normal spawn and the Terror despawned on us so we wanted to kill something so I pulled the Stone Thrower, he was hitting me for almost 3k but I had good healing and we owned him. 

Dropped a droppable lute and a minor rune along with some plasma so I dont think he is for an epic, but maybe.

Korelic Kiba

I just 3 boxed this event with Beastlord 12.7k buffed with what we had, 75 Cleric 9.7k mana, and 75 Ranger which used his bow the whole fight. Was really simple. Cleared the area aroud where it spawns, talked to the NPC, spawned it, went in with beast and pulled all four adds with slow and took them down one by one. Went after the terror and he was gimp. barely did anything worth a crap to me. He died and DDA spawned. I then burned him down as quick as i could with Trueshot and Empathic Fury. Only thing that even bothered me with him is his knockback. Ended up flinging me into a few ferans but that wasnt too bad. He went down about 10 min after he spawned.

Vidyne

If memory serves..

The event mobs won't hit over 1500, maybe not even over 1000

StoneThrower is harder than the event.. by far.  And complicates it thus as he paths through the event.
Turn in..
Pull 4 bazu...  anyone who can tank wall of slaughter can tank them...
Kill 4 bazu. nothing special
Terror likes to sit at his spawn point, and didn't move for us.. maybe because we did a max range pull, maybe because hes permarooted, I can't remember.
Then we rushed Terror, Paladin tanked him, he's got a little HP..

Then the runt DDA spawned.. aoe was annoying a little but he was pitiful damage on the tank.

Did that 6months to a year ago however with 9, 2 of them being boxed alts.
Myself and another beast better geared, 2 Paladins, 1 shaman, 1 cleric, 1 boxed low SK, a chanter, and maybe a ranger.

Farinea

So I am at the point where I am ready for this fight - I have been talking to guildees about this and telling them what I have read here - and they all say that this fight is much harder then these posts are making it sound....I am getting a bit frustrated...

Our guild is geared with mainly TSS and Time gear - we just started GoD progression. Our main tank is a maniac- he is not what I am worried about, we actually have a few really good tanks - our issue is healers. We have the dps - on a good raid nite. With that said...can anyone give me some guidance on what kind of gear you all have that say this is an easy fight?

The post before this does give me some more info to tell them - thanks guys!

Doucha

this fight is cake did it with me and guildy who boxs pally, chanter and druid. terror and adds only hit for around 800 max and average of 200ish.
Doucha Saco Beastlord of the Tribunal

Shieara

Hmmm...gear.

When we did it we had three characters.  Myself, geared a little worse then my current magelo and about 150 aa fewer, a cleric who was level 72 wearing basically full cultural with <100 aa, a sk who's gear/aa I am not sure of, and a warrior in CoAnguish gear who has near max aa.  It did get a little dicey because the cleric spent a lot of time stunned, but we won.  Our strat was "get them".  Maybe it would have been easier if we had used our heads, but...well...I maybe got a little excited.

Vidyne

Go to the north side of wall of slaughter,  or somewhere in MPG.

Pull 4 mobs to camp at once.
If your group/raid lives, you can handle the NC fight.
If not, get more people.

The bazus are tethered if memory serves, pull the crushers to the tether, and kill them away from terror.  Terror never moved for us, not sure if he was permarooted or not.

Terror had a fair amount of HP, and the DDA is just gimp, except he has an aoe, or mezz/charm...  can't remember.

There are only two worries in this event:

1. Mr. Stonethrower pathing in during the fight
2. Gathering forces and spawning before the 45min spawn time is up on the trigger NPC.

Farinea

That's awesome - thanks guys - gonna try it this weekend!

Farinea

Yeah I cant believe I was so damn worried about this...a full group was overkill...by the time I even got to them after hailing Jilla - they floored all the mobs...I didn't even get a hit in...LMAO

Tormented Scout happened to be up as we were passing thru on the way to another epic - so we stopped and got that one out of the was as well - again...two groups was overkill -

Lookin forward to sittin outside Anguish for weeks tryin for open raid....lol

Kitathia

I guess I will try and get a group together and get this one out of the way.
Best way to do it? pull add out of Terror teather range and kill then kill him last?

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

TabarQuell

Easy way is to have a monk split em, my fight was over in the blink of an eye (we had a small raid there to take on epics and the trigger mob happened to be up)

Any time ya need it kit, just ask and i'll be happy to pull this thing for ya with the box, i'm pretty sure we could take it out with a cleric.
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Kitathia

Finally got that sucker dead. If they do more epics. They need to have to tought fights first wher you actually need help and the solo stuff at the end so you can finish this quest.

I'll be level 80 before I get it and most like even have better weapons.. *snort*
KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious