Main Menu

PoR what found so far *Now 35% more on topic!!*

Started by Xennova, February 22, 2006, 04:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamno

Actually my guild found BMR quite easy. The ring is a little rare I think, but might I add a very good pick up if oyu can get it....very tuned towards beastlord usage. I also like the hat, whish is better then Qvic, and arguably better then ToB helm.

Romerez

I aquired the tunic from ToB, drops off a mini named and couldnt find it in on alla and wasnt in the magelo system, so if you want to check it out my magelo at http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1133430 , its a pretty pimp tunic, with the same clicky dot as the arcstone one tho :(... Named feralist btw, all the bst stuff drops off the same type of mob in ToB. Oh ya the recast time is alot better on the click, 3.30 (makes it a lil better) but it still doesnt land on anything my guild kills these days.

Another topic for this thread, the new ability Rake. From the Saga skins quest in Devistation. This Ability I have found to be the much needed boost for dps I needed. Since I achieved this ability from finishing the quest I have scored top 15 in dps on almost every parse. Me and pet did 161k in 6 mins to mob..... not to shabby. Used every time its pops and also timed right to hit twice during bestial frenzy = $$ average I've noticed on the 3 h2h attacks (3 extra attacks on top of all others) my average is 397 (seen crits over 1k) and during bestial frenzy more like 700 or 800 (crits for almost 2k!). GOGO bst dps! :)

Romerez

One of the new MM's is in Icewell Keep, dude gives 3 missions and boss of every mission drops 1 piece to an aug, after achieving all 3 pieces turn them in and you get a pretty nice 70/70/70 aug, has a few other mods on it to i believe, ac and i think avoidance. Other good augs i have found in PoR is from Skylance 2 random drop 75/75/75 haste 40%, Skylance 3 10ac 60/60/60 mana regen and regen 2 off the boss mob. Both of these missions are from Ao in Arcstone. As for you ppl that were complaining about this thread, I am sorry as I was one of the ppl trying to defend our class. It started with me saying I liked Rake and of course someone had to come and complain about our dps (which I still think isn't half as bad as ppl make it out). I will try to get the name of the guy in Icewell that gives the missions, I can't currently remember, but its a really fun mm. Still wtb our new pet proc.... anyone found it yet?

Shieara

Someone told me that the pet proc was from some "samples" mission.

I didn't get any details though since I wasn't really that interested in Orishar.

Constaq

Ive done samples and no pet proc.

Kelrish Ravenous

Brrraainsss...

Zombie Monster Mission where you invade Rivervale, attempting to kill 80 Halflings within one hour.

Despite there being several hours listed on the duration of the Mission, if you take more than one hour, a literal ARMY of Halfling guards will spawn and chain-wipe / camp your spawn point in the mission, making it rather impossible to continue.

To start the mission, head to the closest zone-corner between Rivervale and High Hold. A Zombie Braineater will give you the mission.

It is a tough mission and quite easy to fail if you are slow. The group I do it with has done it several times, with a steep learning curve, and even now, still often finish with only 5 or 6 minutes to spare.

It is best if one Zombie uses the Halfling Brains to Heal (600ish Hit Point Heal - One Use), while a second zombie is the 'puller' (So that if they train themselves, only they die). Everyone else uses the halfling brains to create as many pets as possible (5 per person), though the pets do die on their own after an extended amount of time. Stockpile extra brains as needed. Always kill the female halflings first, as they are almost always either druids or clerics and can ruin your mission quite easily.

I have never completed the mission with less than 6 people and I am not certain if it is even possible, as you need DPS that badly to complete it.

---

The Needy

Start: Boroz in Relic (He is marked on maps from MapFiend)

Kill 15 Tangleroots (Tree Mobs - Nasty AE Root that does upwards of 900 Damage), Loot 4 Pods
Kill 15 Emberflames (Fire Mobs - Spawn a 'baby' randomly during fight, one per mob, cast Ignite Armor), Loot 4 Hearts
Kill 15 Stillwaters (Water Mobs - Spawn a 'baby' randomly during fight, one per mob, cast a nasty 2 Second AE Stun), Loot 4 Waters
Return All 12 Looted Items, 4 at a time, Unstacked for your reward.

Melee Reward http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=39705
Caster Reward http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=39706

This quest is not that hard right now, as Arcstone (Where all the mobs to be killed may be found) is rather heavily populated (At least on my server), but may become more difficult as popularity in the zone diminishes. The only hard part I had was the Tangleroots, as most pickup groups cannot survive more than one of the mobs in camp at a time (Which is not a problem with a good puller), due to their AE.

---

Crossfire

Start: NPCs name is forgotten at this time, but it is right near Boroz in Relic

Kill 15 Fallen Spirits (Fallen Champions do not work), Loot 4 Arcstone Spirit Dusts
Kill 15 Spirit Stags (Kirin Model mobs, easily soloed by me), Loot 4 Hooves
Kill 1 Master of the Herd (Named Kirin who comes with 3 Stag Adds - Spawns in the 'safe valley' near the Skylance Zone)
Return the 8 Looted Items, One at a time, unstacked to the quest giver.

Reward: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=39710

---

I would list the Cloak Quest, but I am unable to remember the name of all the monsters who give credit for the spirit marks - Besides, from what I have heard, the quest will be changed with the update tomorrow, so any information provided would quickly become invalid.

All-in-all, PoR has given a few very nice gear upgrades to the 'non-uber' beastlords, though the soloing options for our class are rather limited, unless you are heavily geared, as even in the lowest zone (Takish), the green con mobs hit for high 100s, with blue cons going well into the 300-400 mark and have a few rather annoying spells/procs. I could not find a single zone where I could reliably solo for any experience worth mentioning.

Despite the complaints that many others have voiced, I would say the expansion is worth getting if you have friends to help you get some of the gear, but if you are a solo player or someone who does not like questing, you could hold off - No AA, no (found) Aura for our class, and while Rake is nice (For me at least) - it is not worth the cost of admission.
The Hungry Kelrish Ravenous ~ 70 ~ Basilisk Wrangler ~ The Nameless

Tastian

Topic has been cleaned up a bit(as edited title suggests).  There is some good information in this post and it'd be nice to see more continue to be added.  If you are going to reply in this thread please try to keep posts to things that deal with items/spells/etc found in PoR and any extra information that can be added to what others have previous said on this topic.

Romerez

Theater of Blood, the new PoR zone, only way to get there is by finishing a quest for the Twisting harmonic chime, which ports you there when right clicked. You also get an aa for it to, can just click the hotkey and go to ToB. First part of this quest starts in Arcstone with the Skylance missions from Ao. Also need the 3 North Ro missions (also known as the 70 aura mission arc). After that you need to finish the Saga Skins quest for Rake, and upon finishing it you get a mission called Becoming the Vassel. Upon finishing this quest you get access to the to the instance tower in Stronghold (the zone through Devistation). You then get a quest from Oathmir in Devistation to collect some bloods from the instance Tower zone in Stronghold. This is not an easy quest to finish as the blood mission and the Tower access missions where much easier with guild raid help. It can be done with a group as there is a hard and a normal version of the Blood quest tho. However if your not end game geared I would not try to exp or anything in ToB, as everything hits really hard, has really nasty regen, all red conned to 70's, and everything see's invis :) Upon reading this needed some further instructions. Quest actually starts with the Mage that stands solo in a tent at the zone in to Arcstone, after completeing the 3 skylance missions you recieve a chime, take it back to the mage, he gives ya a different chime, after completing the Oathmir quest to collect the bloods, you then hand the chime the mage gave you to Oathmir. He gives you back another Chime... then back to the Mage in Arcstone where he hands you guess what... another different chime :). then you need to complete the Nro arc and give the Queen in Nro (same one you get last mission from for Nro arc) the chime from the mage.... get another chime back, then back to the mage in arcstone where he will give you the completed chime and the aa ability.

Sariss Bloodscale

Probably a silly question, but do Disease-DoT's do anything to negate the ToB mobs' massive regen?  I seem to recall that such a tactic used to work on critters like Cazel so many moons ago...

Pakratz

Just picked up our pet proc spell today.  You get it for completing 3 Skylance missions given out by Ao the 4th.  If you've already done them, just hail Ao for the spell.  It's fire based.  Based on my parsing, under ideal conditions (vs. RS fire mobs), the cold-based Irionu proc does about 12 dps (assuming full damage per landed proc), while under raid conditions its closer to 5 dps.   Doing the math (250 dam vs 195 dam) the new spell should do 15 dps under optimal conditions and about 6 dps in raids.  Thats about a 2 dps boost (yee-ha!).   Better than a stick in the eye I guess.   It will stun higher level mobs tho, thats a nice feature.

Kanan

I think getting the Arcstone spirit mark cloak will become far easier.  I was trying to get peeps to come up to help me kill the last one I needed & was checking if he's up.... Found his corpse sitting on the bridge with 2 marks rotting.  So yeah, a mob that's duoable to soloable is gonna be dropping pieces multiple pieces, so you'll probably be hearing "/ooc Mark of So&So rotting" alot soon.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Kanan

Quote from: Pakratz on March 15, 2006, 07:43:57 PM
Just picked up our pet proc spell today.  You get it for completing 3 Skylance missions given out by Ao the 4th.  If you've already done them, just hail Ao for the spell.  It's fire based.  Based on my parsing, under ideal conditions (vs. RS fire mobs), the cold-based Irionu proc does about 12 dps (assuming full damage per landed proc), while under raid conditions its closer to 5 dps.   Doing the math (250 dam vs 195 dam) the new spell should do 15 dps under optimal conditions and about 6 dps in raids.  Thats about a 2 dps boost (yee-ha!).   Better than a stick in the eye I guess.   It will stun higher level mobs tho, thats a nice feature.

Hope they shift it to becoming a debuff of sorts, as was original plan.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Gabbriella

The pet proc can be found by doing Skylance 3... got it today. :)

Tastian

Pet proc also triggers prism skin which is a one hit rune that stacks with feral guard.  Now that it's in the game I'm hoping they update on the status of changing the buff soon.

Also, in response to:

"Probably a silly question, but do Disease-DoT's do anything to negate the ToB mobs' massive regen?  I seem to recall that such a tactic used to work on critters like Cazel so many moons ago..."

Short version is, no.  Long version involves me ranting about bad tests, people that don't listen, and charisma effecting slow landing on mobs.  8P  Since my BP is already too hig has it is just take the short version at face value and PM me for the long version when you need a laugh further down the road.  8)