Main Menu

MPG and RS

Started by Catgal, October 12, 2004, 09:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneiromancer

Quote from: Tzuka
Quote from: JaaggerI haven't tried the murkgliders in WoS as there is always a group there

I have. They give about 5% per kill and are very soloable. But they run early and FAST, so unless you can snare, i recommend you forget about them.  :(

I have done the Murkgliders cave a few times in groups, always with a snarer.  The experience was much faster than out in the "fields" because the pulls are simply nonstop.  In the caves on the Eastern wall, all of the pulls are single except for two in the farthest large cave, but they can be pacy pulled with a cleric or druid (or enchanter of course but then you don't care so much about multis).  Just by virtue of the mob density and quick repop rate the experience can be twice as fast as South of the Wall if there are multiple groups there...of course there are no nameds though so it's almost all about the experience.  There are some armor quest drops here too though, and we actually saw two Trean Flies drop on our last run through.  Although I think that was just pure luck, they can drop from any mob.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Musogi

I solo the northeast murkglider cave all the time.  6-7% aa per kill.  No need to snare, just pull mobs out of the cave, they don't run far enough to ever catch an add.  You won't be killing fast enough to get more than maybe 5 of them down by yourself before repops to even bother crawling through the cave anyway.

Dakat

MPG varies depending on camp location.  The further you go in the better the exp.  As with the mobs at Blind Hunter/Task camp and toward the zone out, mobs are on average level 69 and below. Most are blue to 70 except the named. Moving on to Odi or Enchanter, tactics, realm those are all level 70.  With a good tank 10K plus hp, further on is recommended. Having a high DPS group makes this place a breeding ground for AA. With a Pal tank, Cleric heal, Bst slow/buffs, a rogue, ranger and any other high dps class for last slot, we would do an AA every 30 to 45 min. Sometime longer depending on who needs a break.  After a while and being at all the camps, you will be able to colect some real nice armor upgrades. Such as any of the Mazerunner gear (mask, ring).

I found that you need a 12k + tank for RS. Mobs beyond the stairs are level 71+. I like here because mobs are fire types and our cold nukes land quite often. I was finding AA exp was around 6% per kill dending where you were, but Its almost impossible to get a pick-up group here. You need to bring a group or know from good friends to get a slot.

Whereas MPG, It's very easy to get a group. Sort of like how BOT used to be.

cettin

Just did Odi camp this afternoon was average about aa kill about 45 min nonstop killin with mnk,dru,cle,2 bst and rog very nice exp indeed too bad were able keep area odi and out in open clear.

Vashin

From my experiences Riftseekers Sactum is the best exp zone in the game. (Never been to the Nest which i hear is very similar to RS)

Mobs there stand out cause of their major dps. Otherwise they have the same hp as other mobs in MPG for example and can go down quickly with the right group.

6% AA a kill btw.

Vashin of MT

Klahw

Nest > RSS, I'm not sure what it is about the nest but if you can get a DoN mission in there the rewards are amazing.  I did one the other night with a tank (12kish), cleric, bard, 2 rogues and me.  I got almost 2 aa in the time we were there (less than an hour iirc) and around 61 crystals with a faction crystal.  Just can't beat that imo ... win win win.  Only trade off is not getting the Glowing and Greater MR but everything is a trade.  :-D
Klahw

a Torv refugee

Humlaine

I saw a lvl 70 bst solo RS for the fisrt time..it is doable but he was at 40m at the end of the fight....just a FYI it was sabrtooth

Dakat

Sabertooth is the highest geared Bst on our server.  Having around 15khp+ buffed or more.  That's almost double the HP then most beasts.

This is his Magelo  = http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1199853

Shirrkarn Ayge

Solo in RSS is doable as said, but it is imo one of the things you try just to see if you can. 14% AA per kill is nice, but the risks just aint worth it.
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Blarp

WoS caves(murk) are 6-7% at 70 solo they run at 20% your lvl 67 nuke/63nuke/65 choas if u are lucky to get it) will bring them down fast even without the 65 nuke they die fastanuf they doint run far at all.

now kick ass tip for soloing this cave.

u can Pull them outside this cave by the rocks by the named mob i forget name starts wiuth an s i think
NO field mobs or SH will never argo and they run back to cave or just out a lil bit i have never gottewn argo so let them run just melee them down thats 20% hp on mob u not getting hit
and HoT potions help this cae alo t if u dont got the best mana

Chickennuggets

Just a thought about the Nest exp... does is get the dungeon modifier?
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

voyage

MPG and RSS is soloable, chain pullable by beastlord's if they are very well geared in Anguish+ gear, both is extremely good Exp if you can handle it :) heh..

sicshift

Quote from: Dakat on June 21, 2005, 06:55:27 AM
Sabertooth is the highest geared Bst on our server.  Having around 15khp+ buffed or more.  That's almost double the HP then most beasts.

This is his Magelo  = http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1199853

sheesh....thats fricken off the chain  :-o