Main Menu

One more 1.5 beast

Started by Brumbkab, February 25, 2006, 01:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brumbkab

I wanted to thank everyone that has provided information on the 1.5 epic. I was able to finish my epic last night due to the info in this forum and lots of help from friends and my guild. I am in a large family, rarely raid, guild. Non ele geared guild. We had about a 35 ppl turn out. 5 clerics, 3 shaman, 1 druid. Not sure what they did on heals but our MT never dropped below 60%. MT was a friend of a friend 2100 ac and 13k hp buffed. We set up at the Grand Historian (I just couldnt handle the thought of setting up at ZI and have someone come in during the fight). Our 2 bards pulled the DDA down into the valley and had split off all but the gator and scaled wolf. We quickly set up the offtank and burn pets down tactic. Only two deaths. One a 51 ranger that didnt use bow on DDA and ate ramp lol. Second was a 70 pally and I am not sure what happened there.  All in all a very easy fight. Thank you all again for the info.

Brumbkab the troll, proud owner of  epic 1.5

Gilik

Congrats! That is a big accomplishment for a family guild.
Also, thanks for the info on your final fight. My situation is very similar to yours, and it is very encouraging to see that it is very possible to do with a more family-type guild.

Kanan

congratulations sir.. that really is a great weapon for a very long time... took some really good ones to make me set it aside for a time :)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Taiglin

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

tcool

Just my opinion, but Sony/Verant should never have made our epics this way.  It should not be requiring groups to get them.  It should be something that is obtained by soloing and/or crafting.

I also think they have ruined the game with all the instanced zones, and forcing people to group and join guilds.  I'm to the point now where my subscription renews within a few weeks.  And may not renew because I feel like this game has ended for me due to those reasons I mentioned.

The instanced zones are the biggest reason for the empty zones anymore.  Running through many zones feels like a ghost town, only bringing back memories from years ago when they used to be filled.  If I wanted instanced zones I might as well save the money and play guild wars for free.

Kitathia

CONGRATS!!!
And ---------------Woot YET another beast with her 1.5! I can't believe I finally got it! Thanks to a great guild. SYNDICATUS you all rock!

To Tcool:
I can not imagine EQ without grouping or being in a guild. Like the "paper" D&D you can't do it by yourself.... I have helped fight many a epic mob for various classes and to be honest... Beastlord seems like one of the easiest 1.5 epics so far. I don't think it would bring the same to the game if you could just run around and solo your epic. But, that's just my oppinion.

Good luck to all who are still working on their epics!

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious