Main Menu

Final DDA fight for 2.0

Started by kymell, March 03, 2006, 11:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kymell

Greetings fellow Beastlords,

I was curious when doing the final 2.0 fight with DDA, are his  "6 friends" mezzable?

How many groups? etc, I'm trying to set this up soon and need as much feedback on this fight as I can get.

Many thanks
Kymell Eveningfall
70th Wildcaller of Cohort Chalybeuis
Cazic Thule/ Brells
Kymell Eveningfall
75th seasoned Savagelord of Silent Redemption, Cazic Thule

click above for magelo =)

Kanan

the friends are mezzable, when killed they insta respawn with a new name.  Think they do that 2x each.

You can do the "run to zo thing" to split them up.  First time I did it, i got them fairly decently split up.  They do summon btw ;p

3-4 groups decent geared should be able to handle it.  Go slightly tank heavy, just bcs of the stun/mez proc on DDA.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

VochoreSakai

Did my final fight with no problems.  Two actual players with bots(healer).  Myself and warrior friend /dueled each other to break the mezes when they actually landed.  Took a little longer than we wanted but wasnt really that hard.  Both anguish geared.
Vochore Ferowhore the Insightful <Dark Horizon>

Stumps_Bertox

You can do the run to zone thing, or you can pet pull him and run to zone. If you buff the 54 pet to all hell (conviction, soe, focus etc) and get a chanter to throw some runes on top of your own rune you shouldnt have a problem with it dying and aggroing hs friends
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

KirishuRN

Pet pulling is your best bet. It worked perfectly for me. You just need to make sure you dont outrun the mob though. It moves like it is snared. Oh, and dont forget to be invised  :-)
Kirishu's Magelo of <Echoes In Eternity> on Rodcet Nife Server

Some people are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your Face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Corwin

I did the pet pull with 54 pet easy last night, buffed him with focus and 1.5 clicky, druid hit him with oak and FoE ,  and i hit panther 1 sec before to give him extra hp and regen and was easy as pie, one side note, when u spawn make sure you have potions in your bandolier and click invis  right away after u say the trigger word or youll get owned.

Pulled his slow arse  all way to tunnel before last room before zone to DS and had 7 or 8 of us,  i tanked him right there in the tunnel,  pretty easy and when i got mezzed he just picks another meelee to beat on, so bring a couple other meelee types or 2 tanks depends on gear i guess,   slowable easy with 70 slow,  took all of 4 minutes or so to beat him down and dropped decent caster robe.

Easy method , no clearing no fuss just a good old fashioned but whooping. :)  wish you luck

Corwin

jitathab

I would say pulling to the corridor or zone is the way to go. its trivial pull if you have a bard and I could also pull the guy single without any pet pulling because his agro range is larger than the adds.

As far as killing goes, I used around 2 groups to do it. The mob itself does not hit hard, his hitting is not the issue, its that he mezzes and stuns a lot which interrupts healing and so on. At the end of the fight half the people were dead, but we only had one cleric for heals.

Sharrien

I did this fight last night and trying to pull to the zone out was a pain.  Every time I got the DDA to the gates he ran up a warped back to the spawn point.  Fortunately, in all my running around the ferans were spread out all over.  We charged the DDA and killed him where he spawns sitting there all by himself.

You can try to pull to the RCoD zone line, but prepare your raid to have to move again and engage out in the field.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

jitathab

Dont pull to RCOD pull to DS, and engage in the corridor.

Tarlaan

Had 13 peeps for this fight.  Spawned DDA and had mage CotH me back to RCoD zl.  Before i spawned him we cleared out the whole hallway.  Had a bard pull DDA with no adds to RCoD zl.  About 4 minutes later DDA was deaded.  Easy fight.  And for some odd reason the scout respawned after DDA was dead.  So no waiting for me.  Ran to do turn in to scout, then turn in to Muada, then to Hollow Shademoore for final turn in.  Sweet weapon :-D

Gatorr

A few things I have found from this encounter:
1.  You can type strong then start to cast invis then quickly hit f8 to target scout then JUST before invis lands hit enter 2x and this should trigger event and you will be invis before mobs aggro.

2. lvl 60 pet can single pull them np.

3. if you dont engage DDA he will despawn leaving the ferans up still in about 10-15min.

4. I think I have a strat to 2 box him, will try it next time I catch scout up.  basically strat will be fight him normal near the bridge were dru port in is and when my bst needs a heal cast it on dru then cast ring of Bloodfields and run back and wait tell I need nother heal.

Kanan

still think you'll run into issues bcs of the stun/mez trying to 2 box it.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Essant

Just pet tank it .. you and druid box heal pet.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Gatorr

Didnt work, silence= bad

gave up and got a shaman and his alt rogue, along with me my alt druid and my poorly equiped mage, who I dueled so she could break mez on me when needed with a low dmg nuke which worked ok tell she died from AE thing and then my druid died and shamans heals werent landing cuz of duel bug.

We got it to 40% though.

Skanda

I just got to this fight last night and was wondering if anyone has tried Crimson Potions before to control the mez.