Main Menu

Spell : Might of the Wild Spirits

Started by Spiritclaw, March 07, 2008, 05:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritclaw

I recently got my 2.0 and in the item description in game the proc is supposed to have a chance to stun a target.  I was watching proc hits and they seemed to be interrupting the casters I was soloing quit often after a proc.  However, I go to both Magelo and Lucy and no part of the spell description has stun.  Has anybody else seen this?  Agree that it can stun?
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Inphared

"Fills your warder with the might of the wild spirits, increasing their hitpoints, double attack rate, evasion rate, providing them with the power to make an envenomed strike, and potentially stunning any creature that attacks them."

There is no stun component tied into the proc.

Spiritclaw

Quote from: Inphared on March 07, 2008, 10:40:19 PM
"Fills your warder with the might of the wild spirits, increasing their hitpoints, double attack rate, evasion rate, providing them with the power to make an envenomed strike, and potentially stunning any creature that attacks them."

There is no stun component tied into the proc.

Then why am I seeing the proc land and right after that "soandso is interupted"?  Coincidence?
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Inphared

Most likely.

For starters you've got yourself and your warder beating on an NPC. That, while minuscule, generates push. Warders also bash (or kick, I can't recall.) Both of those have a chance to interrupt a spell. Tie in your own kicks and melee and your chances to interrupt a spell are relatively high.

Stellah

They bash.  And the cap on NPCs that the bash influences is generally pretty up to date with the era of pet that you use.  You've also got the spell imbued proc working there.

On a side note, push isn't want influences NPC channeling checks (it is for PCs).  Its # of hits.  I used Stronghorn's Horn to test this on BoT, got two procs in on a shaman npc and it still completed its cast despite being 75~ units away from where it started casting the spell.  I don't know how the # of hits are valued, though.

Also, I don't recall the effect -ever- stunning things that attack my pet.  I've never looked too closely though - has anyone tested something beating on its pet w/o the pet attacking back to see if it just randomly stops?  Couldn't really test on caster npcs, since there aren't really any npcs that can cast and melee at the same time.

Kanan

bet it won't do the stun thing.. think that's just the mage text, transplanted over to bst item.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar