Main Menu

Final DDA fight for 2.0

Started by kymell, March 03, 2006, 11:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inphared

Anyone with over 9k hp can tank the guy with little difficulty. He doesn't hit hard at all.

I'm willing to bet money that the silence is blocked by walls.

____
              |   X  X |
              |          |____
dranik's                 x x|
scar                    ___ |
              |           |
              |           |

That's a (crappy) drawing of the zonein from Dranik's Scar. The two bigger X's are me and a mage, and the two littler x's are a shaman and a cleric. Standing right there, with the DDA on top of the big X's, shaman and cleric never got silenced. Not once. If you go look at the zonein, that's not a far distance.

Easy kill, shaman just has to be on his toes casting Pure Spirit when it mezes you (if you're the only tank-ish type).

Beldarr

Just for testing I decided to see how I would fare trying to solo this mob, and suprisingly I did better than I thought. I used a bst buffed and runed spirit of the khati sha pet to pull and had no adds, and pulled him to the rcod zoneline. The DDA does run kinda slow, especially for a discordling model, but when it got in range i re-sent the green pet and unpocketed the fully buffed 70 warder as it died then engaged the DDA. The dd was resisted or negligible in damage each time it cast, but the silence is what really hurt. When the DDA mezzed me, he attacked the pet exclusively and by the time the mez wore off, a silence was in effect so I was unable to heal the pet and it died. After losing the warder I popped my steadfast servant and I wound up getting the DDA to 85% before I finally found myself at my bind spot. I'm confident that with an extra tank and a couple healers with radiant cure to take care of the mez, I'll be dropping this guy soon.
Wildcaller Beldarr The

Tabs

Was wondering if this one spawns right where the scout is?  Or if it is off somewhere else like the other fights?

Tabs

Inphared

It spawns right on top of you and the scout. Be ready with an invis potion or a druid / ranger with insta-camo.

Tabs

Tabs

I see lots of posts about how to split this fight.  Anyone know if the the adds be mezed at all?

Tabs

Just answered this - yup they can be mezed  :-D

Korelic Kiba

To make pulling much much easier on the DDA all you need is someone with a pacify spell that effects up to 65. That would be druid, cleric, ranger, enchanter. Paci all the ferans and pull him at your leasure. Dont know why no one had ever said anything about that before or even tried it from what i know. That is the simple way to do this.

sunis

just did this fights a couple days ago. set up raid (not really required anymore) south of scout. I popped scout and got cothed. ranger paci adds and single pulled DDA. Really easy kill. Hard to reaasure some of the people there that this really was the last fight lol.

Tigrah

hmm... this fight didn't go well at all the first time I did it. the mobs pop'd about my ears and wiped my group soundly... My guild's bsts have a method that works very well, so will try it their way next chance i get.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Nusa

Did it a while back with one group, which seems to be plenty once you've separated the DDA from his buddies.

Humlaine

its been one groupable since OOW came out the whole 2.0 was then and is even more so now

Tigrah

well I went a little overboard for my DDA fight... which never hurts. had more than 2 healers, a beefy tank, myself, and 8 others.

I took a bard, and ranger with me to where the mobs pop. hailed and said the magic word, immediately popping an invis pot.
Ranger snared DDA, and started kiting the adds. Soon after the ranger had the DDA and adds split by a margin I agro'd the DDA off of the ranger with slow. it worked really well. I took 2 dd's to the face and several silences. but laughed them off. Soon after the bard agro'd the adds, while I kept waltzing the DDA towards the zl. The bard faded off the adds, no more was seen of them from that point.
took over 3min for the DDA to get to zl, but once he was there we engaged and a short while later he was dead.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Maylian

Along time ago I did this fight for my 2 but there was a group fighting at zone in which I didn't want to train. I had about 8 people and we just fought all of the mobs, the adds seem to permanently respawn until DDA is dead so best to have some agro and tank them as they don't hit massively hard and just keep them occupied whilst everyone else downs the DDA.

Kordana

Did some scouting and saw some Girplan Slahsers up near where the scout spawns and was wondering if I need to worry about them aggroing?  Current plan is to use invis potion after hail.  Then have two necros that are great at fd splitting and get dda away from his friends.  Any thoughts or advice welcomed.
Kordana Kninekamander
79 Beastlady of Povar
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1276678&resize=true