Good idea.

/em kicks himself for not thinking of that earlier
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Vidyne

Just a crazy idea.
But doesn't a dot have to "beat" your standing regen to break mezz?
Thought I heard it somewhere.
ie.. if you have 90 buffed regen... don't you need a 91hp/tick dot?

May be grasping at straws, but would explain the potion not working.

Skanda

It does seem to be an iffy thing using those potions. They don't always break the mez which I assume is due to regen ticking quickly after the DoT ticks. It does at least partially work though. I've tried it on two different occasions now and it broke some of the mezzes. So I'm thinking the timing of when the DoT ticks vs when your regen ticks effects the outcome.

Moonchaser

I strongly suggest an SK tank for this fight....why you ask.....

This is an EASY fd split since DDA runs faster then his buds....so that solves problem #1

Have the SK use Death Pact instead of C, and have them click off any and all regen buffs, as well as any regen auras...this will cause them to take a very small amount of damage each tick, thus breaking the mezz....

Did this with my bot crew and 6 boxed DDA with no issues at all

Ikkorus

Got a question for those that have done this RECENTLY.  I know that with the 1.5 final fight they changed it so that the adds are leashed to him.  Did they do this with the 2.0 as well or is he still splitable?

Skanda

If you count recently as a 4-6 weeks ago they wern't leashed.

Sklak

Not sure what you mean about 1.5 final fight being leashed, as of ~3 weeks ago they weren't.  (They do have a huge assist aggro range on 1.5, but that's very different from a leash).  Has it changed with the last patch?  On 2.0, the assist range on the adds wasn't different from normal trash, wasn't a problem a bit over a month ago to pet pull to south corner and fight there.

Also, silence is avoidable (short range AE), just have healers further back (max extended range for CH works without being in silence range), not that it puts up much dps anyway.

Inphared

Just did the final fight for a friend last night, can confirm that the adds aren't tethered to the DDA.

Another thing that you might try to break the mez, is have the tank duel someone, and whenever tank gets mezzed, have the person hit him to wake him up, maybe?

Rynimuss

To be honest final 2.0 fight is easier than the final 1.5 fight. For my final 1.5 fight we had to have a bard pull the warders and kill them as pet pulling was not working at all. For final DDA fight for 2.0 pet pulling worked just fine when i did it in june. Both fights i did with 4 people playing 8 chars and the DDA in RCoD was a far more intense fight due to the mana drain.

Inphared

Nearly 4-boxed this fight last night, but managed to fail due to my second computer turning off, losing half of my team, thus making the DDA mez my other two toons and despawn. (12%, grrr)

However, I did learn that the shaman spell Pure Spirit cures both the Mez and the Silence in one cast. It has a refresh time of 12 seconds, but the time between the DDA proccing mezzes is 30 seconds (I think), so there's no confliction.

Vidyne

I'm researching this fight a bit, and wondering on a few things...

My 49 or 54 pet had been doing great in all previous pull attempts, however the last three tries when researching have left me with pet being mezzed(aggro transfer to me.. Hi Ferans!), or pet doesnt get far enough away from DDA before dying.

Pulling is a 50/50 for me it seems..  even with 4hit rune and focus and SV and growl, he still manages to on occasion die....  sow as well.

However thats only half the battle.
I was wondering if anyone has tested out some of the walls and landscape in the bloodfields to see if the aoe is blockable...  I have an idea to put a healer on one side of the middle wall and tank DDA on the other side with other tanks.. but havent got around to testing it yet.

DDA usually can't kill me before he mezzes me.. so I'm free to test him whenever i want.. I usually can heal long enough for him to mezz proc on me and then as soon as the mezz fades... i use a cloudy and run to zone in .... research done and I didnt die.

Do walls block the aoe?
Do the walls at the middle wall block the aoe?
Is there any better way to get pet to survive the pull(though he will always have chance of being mezzed)?

DDA depops about 2min unaggroed... so zoning isnt an option unless you have a tagger ready to grab him immediately.
The ferans take about 30minutes to depop.

Skanda

Quote from: Vidyne on August 23, 2006, 11:55:46 AM

However thats only half the battle.
I was wondering if anyone has tested out some of the walls and landscape in the bloodfields to see if the aoe is blockable...  I have an idea to put a healer on one side of the middle wall and tank DDA on the other side with other tanks.. but havent got around to testing it yet.

As I recall from when I did it the walls didn't seem to block the AE. I did not try using the major divider wall in the middle of the zone though. I pulled him to one of the zone lines and tried to set the healers up around a corner from where the tank was but they said it wasn't blocking it at all.

As far as your pulling question I don't have much of an answer for that one. When I did it I poped him, let him agro me and started training him. I had a bard ready to grab the DDA off of me once he got far enough away from his pets. I zoned to drop agro from pets while the bard pulled him to the second zone line where the rest of the group was waiting to kill him. I didn't have a problem with the mez during the pull at all and neither did the bard that I recall. It could have been a matter of distance, Alla's says the mez range is only 200 so if you can manage to keep at least that much distance between you and him during the pull he shouldn't be able to mez you (Bard speed probably help me a lot when I did it).

Kanan

In outdoor zones, walls do not block AEs.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Inphared

Do walls block the aoe?

Finished this fight yesterday, and walls block the Silence, but not the AE DD. The mez is a proc, and has limited range.

Do the walls at the middle wall block the aoe?

They would block the Silence, but nothing else.

Is there any better way to get pet to survive the pull(though he will always have chance of being mezzed)?

Use a higher level pet, or have a cleric use BDA on it. I pulled with Spirit of the Khati Sha (level 60), and had 0 problems.

Vidyne

Sure the walls blocked it or was just out of range of it since its only 80 range and flames is 400?

The mez proc is the only real problem on pulling besides pet dying.

The silence and a clear spot to tank him is the other problem.. think i got the clear spot.. but need to keep silence off casters... dont care about it being on me.

Figure 3 tanks(me + 2 others 9k+ or so at least) can swap aggro around and if shaman can cure be even better.
Then its just dps and healing.

I think my best so far solo is 91%.. but he procs mezz too much and kills my warder.... thus loweirng my dps...
And I run out of mana from being mezzed.

91% with 40mana left over from being mezzed 2 times over about 3-4min fight.. then I cloudy'ed and ran off.

Was something like that...
I figure 3 tanks solves the mezz problem.
Pull problem is just mezz proccing on pet mostly.. hope soeagle helps that.
I will try 60 pet, but was worried about level of ferans.

Anyone able to tank equiv to me or better x 2
Cleric
Druid or shaman(prefer shaman)
Me...
Random person?

Work you think?