Main Menu

Matriarch Shyra warning spoiler inc

Started by Epee, January 07, 2006, 07:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epee

We did this raid with 35 time/god geared the other day.   There is a "trick" to pulliung Shyra without the guards.

First clear to the room closest to Shyra.  Move the raid to this room.  Now the fun part.  This is a pet pull.   Bring up a green warder, think I used 54 pet.  The tank will pin in corner closest to the room Shyra is in.  If u are looking at Shyra will be corner to the left and closest to her room.   Ok have a cleric single target DA your pet,  send pet in, once it hits Shyra /pet hold and bam u got a single pull without guards. 

This mob drops bad ass gear for how easily it can be done.   They key is the pin because if u dont get it right, Shyra will leash and guards will come PWN your raid. 

Drops a pretty nice damn weapon http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=44937

Dummkopf

Can be monk or bard pulled as well, mage pets can pull without moving because they cast, there are several ways to do it without the guards.

Nusa

We single-pull the guards first then the named, but essentially the same thing, yup.

This mob is particularly nice with several nice beastlord drops on the table. I haven't seen the weapon drop yet, but it's mine when it does. I have the gloves, and I wouldn't mind the avoidance aug either.

(edit -- We stopped pulling the guards and just pull Shyra directly now -- just make sure nobody gets into the doorway area and aggro's the guards. Got the weapon a week ago....so far the only one that's dropped for us. Seen the aug twice, so far....still 3 people left ahead of me in DKP for that. It's a regular farm mob for us in any case.)

jitathab

This is a very easy mob split anyway, any monk worth his bacon can split these :) Or better off use a bard.

Essant

Yea .. she's a cupcake.  Killable by Time level guilds yet can drop Anguish level loot.  Not bad, I guess.  I like parsing on her when we do kill her, which will probably be never again.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Khauruk

She dropped the weapon on kills 7 and 8 I think.  3 pairs of gloves total up til then, lots of the ranged.  Plus bazu stone augs for the rich!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Essant

The glove is nice, I use that.  I personally think its slightly better than an Anguish glove, at least for me anyway.  Will get demi eventually .. it practically rots now but im just trying to maximize what little positive dkp I have right now and would prefer to spend it on contested items then rot later.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

jitathab

Ok something has changed on this zone. we always used to fight Shyra in the corridor near the column on the south wall. Doing this will agro guards now.

Just switch to opposite wall and all is fine.

Nusa

We still do her in the corner with the column with no issues (pre or post patch). If guards aggro, it's always been because someone wandered in front of the open doorway or F8ed the wrong target or something like that. I wear all the loot I want from this event (weapon, gloves, aug), but it's still a great farm target for the rest of the guild.