OT: PoR what found so far

Started by Khauruk, February 22, 2006, 05:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

I have no idea what most of this says.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

dainfrol

So far I've found that Luclin has been down :(
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Khauruk

Aye :(.  I've been trolling different boards, even creating toons on another server to see the new Freeport/Ro zones.

Oh, and Xennova - I do appreciate your coming here and posting information on what you found in PoR, and don't mean to flame you.  But I doubt I'm the only one who has virtually no idea what you were saying for most of your post.  If you're going to type it, please please make it understandable.  I really want to know what I'm missing atm, but have no idea after reading your post 4 times.

Khauruk <HOOAC>
Luclin's Drunken Pirates
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

Quote from: Taiglin on February 22, 2006, 06:39:21 AM
Am guessing English isn't his primary language.

New zones look nice to the point where you zone into EC and think...wow, these old graphics are really old.

I lived in Korea for years, and worked with Koreans who spoke varying degrees of English.  I've also worked with non-native English speakers from many countries.  That doesn't strike me as being a non-native speaker.  More like one who hasn't (for whatever reason) progressed beyond 4th grade native-english skills.  It's a common thing nowadays, but it simply gets all the more maddening every time I see it.

Either way, is there anybody willing to help us Luclinites get our new-content fix?!?!  Our server's still down :(
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Xennova

im french im pretty sure if i would have writhen in it most ppl would not have understand. And i think i might even put some Spoilers info in front of post for ppl who actually went into zone get task mission and read them they know actual name of those guy and its pretty much hard to miss that massive tower in center of zone.  if this is no used just ditch that post in trash.

Iwas kind of wanting to head to bed but decide to post a little something before and ihave not re-read my post

This is pretty much observation of what i have found, once you got the mission you will understand what are mark task wich i have not even talk about. More so you see hey a giant Tiger that is even con can i kill it do i need 1 group or i can do it alone?
and if you do not have the task you certainly have no idea where is Arcstone other than you zone from west freeport

but i cant really be more precise without actually going back in game and giving too much spoilers for my taste wich i have no time at moment must head back to work

In short those mission giver, give 1 find location and report to him ,5 kill name that are at those location amd 1 bring mark that are at this location(i had mark just by fighting name)

edited: Well Khauruk since you have not  figure i was not english i will take as if 4th grade english being pretty good  :-P

Khauruk

Quote from: Xennova on February 22, 2006, 01:38:45 PM
im french im pretty sure if i would have writhen in it most ppl would not have understand.

I **might** have understood a decent amount - it's been a while since I was taking French classes, and Korean sort of overwrote most of that.  Humble apologies though - I'm just hasty to assume that everybody's a lazy American ignoramus, I guess.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Dummkopf

Our best disease dot is still a fucking joke. That clicky must be the single most retarded thing i have ever seen in regards to those things. Give me a clicky nuke or slow (we're the only slow class without a slow clicky anyway) but not that kind of crap. There is a reason why that dot is never memmed by most beastlords.

This expansion is spell-wise the worst we have seen in years and this piece of crap doesnt make any exception from that rule.

Dummkopf

Thing is, most of these chest pieces are nice to get just for the clicky. Ours isn't. I was planning to get it if it were on par with the kind of clicky other classes get but i wont get it now. All chest pieces have a 7 minute refresh as far as i know but the reason for a clicky is that you can cast it during spell refresh time followed up with a normal spell without any refresh time. Therefore it would be usefull to have whatever nuke or slow on it. A dot that is resisted anyway most of the time and runs way too long for no damage to be usefull is a very very bad effect.

hakaaba

OMG did they really give us clicky festering malady?  :-(

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

mogtoth1

How about something that will allow us to mitigate better than a silk class!!!! I would be more than happy just to get something to allow me to not get steam rollered by mobs that realy we should be able to face up to.
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Tastian

I'm not sure that really falls within the range of what this clicky is for lol.  8P

Dummkopf

Rake is at best an average dps increase of 25 dps compared to 130 from our bestial empathy pet which we got as a pure upgrade in dodh. So i cant really understand that rake is the long waited dps increase. Oh, and yes, i parsed it, quite a lot (around 20 hours) during beta so i guess i know what im talking about.

Well, for max dps, i did manage to do 1k dps prior rake on a regular basis if parsed on burst dps fights (as did the other beastlord in my guild), but that is far from outstanding if you compare it to 1900 dps from rogues and 1700 from zerkers or 1200 from rangers.

Romerez

I'm am pulling off top 10 dps against top ppl on my server, if you play the class to the fullest, have all dps aa's you can stay up there with the other melee, like i stated before 161k dmg to a mob in 6 mins, top berserker on my server did like 225k and i was 11th on the parse. This is also without having the DoD 68 spell, Other bst in my guild loves rake to so maybe they did some changes to it. /shrug im happy with it. What I don't get is why other bst even think we should compare to other melee in dps. We have many other resources that they do not. We were not made to be an all out dps class. I am more then happy with being about to parse in the top 10 only 60k dmg under the top rogues/ber/monks.  Because I know that after raid I will be able to go solo something that they will never be able to.

Tastian

Couple things as usual...

"Rake is at best an average dps increase of 25 dps compared to 130 from our bestial empathy pet which we got as a pure upgrade in dodh."

That isn't totally true.  First if you are going to talk just average overtime of rake then you have to do the same for BE as well.  Unless you are in a situation where you were chaining nukes, casting buffs, etc and still had enough mana left over for BE every time it popped then you don't get that much dps out of BE.  In burn situations where you can unload your mana pool it works out pretty well and that's really where the dps of the pet shines because unlike dots it actually works and does a good job of converting mana to damage.  However, BE is 525 mana per 18 seconds, that's 175 mana per tick to sustain it.  Many beastlords in non-burn situations wind up giving up a nuke or even two depending on what their mana useage is.  At that point the dps gain is less than what the BE pet is doing because the mana would otherwise be used for a nuke, it isn't being sustained, etc.  BE is great don't get me wrong, but you don't get the spell an constantly do all that extra damage. 

Also in "burn" type of situations rake is being used under disc, under BA, etc.  I've had a single rake click do over 3k dmg.  No it doesn't always do that, but again if we are talking a burst type situation then the return on rake goes up higher than what is sustained during grind-type useage. 

"What I don't get is why other bst even think we should compare to other melee in dps. We have many other resources that they do not."

For most it's because those "other resources" are getting smaller and smaller relatively.  SA for a raid is blocked by lots, it can be done by one beastlord.  Fero has fallen off a ton and in lots of situations it's actually less mana efficent than just nuking.  Perfection is a relatively small amount of mana in the pools people have today and uhhhh.... slow?  what else do we bring to a raid?  We soak damage worse than bards, we have semi-bugged heals at the higher end and although they are decent in a lot of places they don't see a ton of use on raids.  Buffs were covered.  The warder?  uhhh yeah. 

I don't mean this to bash beastlords in anyway, but what does a second beastlord bring to a raid other than dps in many situations?  SA is covered, slow is seldom(if ever) needed, fero doesn't even get requested much in a lot of guilds I've spoken with, but is ok in some situations.  *shrugs*  A lot of the bst you see complain about their dps are complaining atleast in part because that is often all we do on raids these days.  If beastlords had more "resources" that saw use in a raid I think you would see more beastlords ok, or closer to ok with where the dps stood. 

Romerez

Being in an end game guild, I do realize that yes bst has like no raid utility, but being that I can get in the top 10 dps, SA all casters (who still always want), Fero the 3 or so melee that want it, and Yes I USE my slow on raids if shaman's are lacking or there is just a crapload of mobs. I used to get sat out alot on raids because of this problem, but since I've started showing my guild that I can do some pretty damn nice dps, I have not sat out one raid since. Being in the top 10 dps DOES give you raid utility imo.