Main Menu

Deleted posts

Started by Thrashum Gud, January 01, 2004, 08:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrashum Gud

I made a new topic "A Peaceful Alternative" and placed it in the Den on the old board.  I made no mention of the issues, took absolutely no sides, simply presented the link to this site and asked that the thread be locked and sticked so people who wanted to find us here would be able to.  I even wished those who remained safe journeys.

The thread has been deleted.

/sigh

It's all the proof I need to know that the old board is no longer "home" or anything even remotely close to it.

Fuck you Yantis, you truly suck.

Rellix

yeah yantis is retarded to the XTREME!

mrowrr

Have your guilds repoint the eqbeastlord links to this forum that will be a great first step.
Mrowrr Puur
70 Beastlord
http://www.dwarecmercs.com">Dwarec Mercs
Terris Thule
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=118261">Mrowrr's Bling Bling!

Thrashum Gud

I'm not in a guild so I won't be much help thee but I have mentioned the link to this site in the auction channel to help get the word out on Xev.

I'd suggest those who use the various server forum boards post links there as well.

Laba

Yea i did the same thing and ended up getting banned. I guess since i wasn't a big poster at the old board he thought he could ban me and no one would care :? .
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Kandanu

I'm so happy that everyone's sticking together here  :D  I never posted at the old forum, but I read it all the time. Not the site, but the forum. I've always gone there to read your advice, and actually found the site itself to be lacking content besides the forum. What happened there sickened me, since when is it policy to delete links?? So I did a search for .com, it pulled up hundreds of hits, checked a couple of the older ones and they all linked to where they were supposed to  :?  until this happened. I go to forums like these to be informed, not to shop. So I'm with you guys 100% good luck to you, love this site btw, very fast and easy on the eyes  :)
Kandanu Thumpedon
Level 50 Beastlord
Mithaniel Marr

Grim

I'm here because I was banned from the other site.

/wave

Buku

How can that be? Oaga said only one person was banned and that we never allowed links to other sites ;)
Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Former Moderator at an Unmentioned Beastlord Forum

Kashmiir Battlekat

Perhaps they are not all bannings, but perhaps they changed there email addresses in there profiles to something that is not a 'real' address. This in essence does "lock you out".

They could have been banned though. Never know.

mac173

I haven't been banned, but I DID change my e-mail address to a new "junk mail" address that exists nowhere else. I haven't given that new address out anywhere. I have so far received 154 e-mails, 72 of them from Yantis. I guess the others were sites that he sold the e-mail list to.

BTW, i didn't respond to the registration e-mail. I will not return.

Laba

Yes its actually a "banning". He has blocked me from even looking at the boards. I had to use a proxy to even access it, and when i tried to log on account i got the message "this account has been banned"
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Mindlet

I hate Yantis as much as anyone else but I haven't received a single email message and haven't changed my email on the other board.

Zorthar

Im here because I hate Yantis, and dont have to worry about him getting my e-mail because I never registered on the old site. :P

Torga

Well, I don't know if I've been lucky or my low count of posts is the reason. I haven't gotten a single e-mail to my account that I set up for the old board. The only e-mail I have received on that account was the one for me to click to activate my membership to the board back at the end of October. Hoping most others have my experience with regards to e-mail spamming.
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=736129&resize=true" target="_blank" class="postlink">Torga</a> 65 Feral Lord on Cazic - Thule

Buku

Guys I doubt you will ever receive an email from Yantis. He didn't buy the board for that, he bought the boards so he could advertaise directly on the site. At EQBeastlords.com we prevented anyone from advertising that kind of service and now he can at will.

Anyone that thinks about recent events at the old forums will reaalize that Yantis and his ilk aren't evil. They are just businessmen trying to make a buck. What people there objected to wasn't the thought of pop-up ads or banners it was the actual service that those people were supplying. For some of us, apparently most of us, we don't want to support anyone that runs a business that has the potential to ruin the EQ experience fro new or old players. I know someone will post after me and emotionally state that Yantis has never affected their gameplay, but the reality is he already has. The influx of macroed/farmed platinum has drastically changed the price of nearly everything in the bazaar. Things that used to cost 10K and now running for 50 or even 60K. That is called inflation and that kind of price changes has never happened in EQ before. Prices tended to fall at a fairly constant rate over time, never increase.

Yes I know the arguement that it benefits some people because that item they just sold earned them more platinum. Well that just doesn't counter the cost of inflation for the majority of people. There are some people that never buy items in the bazaar because they have full PoT gear, while there are others that play trader 24 hours a day. Some will not directly impacted while others may even profit in the shortterm but for the vast majority of players that don't fall into one of those categories they flat out lose on this.

This is why Yantis isn't good for EQ. He pays people to farm platinum 24 hours a day. He will use evrey means he can to make this platinum including the use of exploits. And yes we know he uses exploits. For proof just look at the number of platinum auctions before the exploits were fixed and then look at the number the day after. It is naive to think that someone that is basing his business on the procurement of platinum wouldn't take every advantage possible to meet his goals.

I'm truely sorry that our community fractured because of this change. I personally had been involved with the original forums since the beginning and I hated to part ways with it like this. I had devoted countless hours in providing the community a place to discuss Beastlord issues free of the problems that so many other class boards had. We truely had a community there, one in which anyone could come and talk about anything with the knowledge that they wouldn't be flamed in response.
Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Former Moderator at an Unmentioned Beastlord Forum