Main Menu

Assist Pet Command

Started by Wolfenkein, March 25, 2006, 03:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfenkein

Hi all.  I am a newbie Beasty and am havin' a blast with my pet.  But I have a low level question.  I am trying to make a macro button that lets me target myself use fleeting fury then target the mob.  Below is the button setup so far:

/target Wolfenkein
/cast 6
/pause 2
/assist Wolfenkein's warder

It works up until assisting the warder who is attacking the mob.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a ton

Kanan

tried extending your pause a bit more? (I've never really tried assisting the pet tbh and dun know if on the time's I've been MA if /ass kez got me or the pet ;p)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tastian

What I use if I want to assist my warder is:

/assist tastian`

All you need is the one character past your actual name which will then assist the warder.  The main problem most have when doing this is they use a "flying comma" assuming they are giving saying ownership of the warder. ie Tastian's socks, however, it's not the button on the keyboard next to the "L", but rather the button on the keyboard next to the "1" on the top row.  Here's an example from an actual log rip...

Tastian`s warder tries to bite A

See how it's ` and not '   that could very well be your issue.  If not, let me know and we'll try something else.  8)

Wolfenkein

Ok maybe I am a moron, but could you put in the way that I would make the button please?

Essant

/pet target
/pause 2
/assist
/pause 2
/loot

Its dual-function.  It will assist your pet if theres a live mob he's beating on, and he will target the last mob he's killed and open the corpse for you if there's a dead one and no other mobs being fought.  Useful for hard to target corpses or corpses stuck in a wall.  The only down-side is if DoD pet (Bestail Empathy) is up, it will target that pet instead.  However, the only time that become problematic in a practical sense is if you hit this key like 1 second before that DoD pet dissipates, you end up not getting a target .. all you have to do is hit it again and it will then assist your warder.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Tiroon

Your question brings back memories of singed fur. :-)

I tend to go back to an old post when I need info about macros. Might help you too.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.