Main Menu

Bazu Stone Aug (What Focus Did You Pick?)

Started by Zebrn Beasword, March 30, 2006, 04:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebrn Beasword

I'm looking to find out what I should do for my focus on this.. what is rarely offered to a higher end bst in terms of focus effects,

thanks guys.
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Saniiro

Beneficial Spell Haste / Detrimental Mana Pres would be 2 good options, can get spell haste from tacvi ear, and detrimental mana pres from yarlir range, but there are not alot of options for these foci.  If ya already have these, poison / disease  ( If ya ever dot ) / improved dodge 3 augs are good choices.  There is also a Detrimental / Beneficial mana pres aug, which might be good for ya if you are lookin to replace your Aid Grimel Ear.  Beneficial preservation is available from tunat tunic and demiplane tunic.  It will depend on your playstyle though, if you heal / solo alot, which aug choice would be best.

Alot of people choose fero / cleave augs, but there are more items out there to get these for beastlords, while the ones mentioned above are more scarce.

Edit - another scarce focus is healing mod, which is available from tacvi ring.  Spell haste, mana pres, healing foci would top my list of useful foci that can be hard to find.
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Kanan

When I eventually get mine, my intent is to do Bene spell haste.  SoE has traditionally made our options extremely limited on this focus, so having a good augment that would allow a small bit of versatility in regards to upgrading that slot is a good thing.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Zebrn Beasword

Quote from: Saniiro on March 30, 2006, 06:07:14 AM
Beneficial Spell Haste / Detrimental Mana Pres would be 2 good options, can get spell haste from tacvi ear, and detrimental mana pres from yarlir range, but there are not alot of options for these foci.  If ya already have these, poison / disease  ( If ya ever dot ) / improved dodge 3 augs are good choices.  There is also a Detrimental / Beneficial mana pres aug, which might be good for ya if you are lookin to replace your Aid Grimel Ear.  Beneficial preservation is available from tunat tunic and demiplane tunic.  It will depend on your playstyle though, if you heal / solo alot, which aug choice would be best.

Alot of people choose fero / cleave augs, but there are more items out there to get these for beastlords, while the ones mentioned above are more scarce.

Edit - another scarce focus is healing mod, which is available from tacvi ring.  Spell haste, mana pres, healing foci would top my list of useful foci that can be hard to find.

I have Fero V from Anguish Shoulders, and Cleave V from the Ture Mask.  I was thinking Conservation of Xegony b/c I really need to upgrade my Aid Grimel Earing.. But spell haste would be awsome too. 

Is there an easy to get manna conservation spell in DP or Anguish?

Sharrien

My first one will be Bulwark of the Dragorn, all the parts waiting for me to get awarded a bazu stone.  After that maybe Det Mana Pres, but it depends on how likely it looks for me to get that sweet range item from Yar'Lir.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Zebrn Beasword

Quote from: Sharrien on March 31, 2006, 02:25:35 AM
My first one will be Bulwark of the Dragorn, all the parts waiting for me to get awarded a bazu stone.  After that maybe Det Mana Pres, but it depends on how likely it looks for me to get that sweet range item from Yar'Lir.

Range is Detrementral only isn't it?

Kanan

yes, and that's why Sharrien indicated that was the choice.  Det = detrimental

Takeed

I made a cleave V bazu, 50% heal focus last blood, and 20% detrimental mana pres bazu.

Nusa

Cleave V was a nobrainer for my first bazu stone.

I have a second bazu stone, but haven't made it into an aug yet. I will probably go with Block III, but now that our throwing skill cap is 300 Sharpshooting V looks interesting too. I already have Fero IV on gear, so the Fero V one isn't attractive right now.

Kanan

With the options you had available Nusa, I'd have to agree.

I'm very happy with my 50% heal focus I got from mine tho, especially since Redfang should be a simple weekly kill now (/drools at thought of cleave 6 hat soon).

That's why I've never honestly been a fan of fero/cleave foci for those:  we have gear with very similar foci available before long.

Denti

Made one with bene spell haste since that is a focus we dont have many choices for (if any at all at the endgame). Cleave and Fero are easy enough to get nowadays, i think i have 2 fero 6 at the moment and it is easy enough to get cleave too. The sad thing is only that the tradeskill armor lacks a lot in stats now :(

Sharrien

I wear four bazu augs now in glove, sleeve, cap and tunic slots.  I chose bene extention, det preservation, cleave V and finally Improved Block 3 shortly after it went live.

When we start getting last bloods to drop I might change out one of those four with a bene haste or a healing aug depending on what my gear looks like at the time.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Takada

Alacrity of the Ikaav.

If i decide to get another one it will be Block3.

Cleave, Fero, Healing Focus, Pet Focus, Dodge are all a given if your guilds able to egt these augs.

Spell Haste, Mana Pres, Block are the hard ones to come by imo.

hakaaba

i did cleave for a straight up 40 melee dps gain.  It'll be more now, actually.  Although it'll vary depending on your weapons of course  :evil:

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Moogasourus

I wear cleave V and block III  myself.  Was originally leaning for buff extention for the second but chose block because of my assumption on the lvl cap on spell focus.  Am I wrong or are the spell focus on the bazu augs for spells 70 and below?