Main Menu

GoD class specific kills

Started by Shieara, March 30, 2006, 07:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

Heyas,

We just moved into GoD last night and did Ikkinz 1.  I was hoping to find out when we start running into mobs that require a specific class to kill them.  We rarely field a wizard or monk so, trying to find out how far we can go before I have to make an alt or recruit.  Thanks in advance  8-)

jitathab

It doesnt work like that.

If the class is not in the raid then it will not instruct you to use that class to get kill shot. Even if it did, you can kill mob, it will respawn, and change the class needed.

Also majority are achtypes e.g. int casters.
I can only remember one mob that relies on a single class, which is really tedious if its a bard :)

Read my Ikk2 spolier further down for help :p

Shieara

Okay great.  Looks like it is full steam ahead then.

Thanks a lot, we had a lot of fun in GoD last night and looking for more.

Kanan

uqua sucks... god it sucked bad... tho it is a lot better now that you can be level 70 and at the level that encounter was designed for ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

I predict some major issues for you when you get to Uqua if you don't have any monks...unless you're so tank and healer heavy that tanking 5 at once isn't a problem.

Shieara

/laugh

We're a group of players from various casual guilds.  Mostly we're interested in seeing how far we can go.  If we can't beat Uqua none of us will lose any sleep over it, trust me.  Even if we just farm Ikk 1-2 they are still decent loot for our people.

We have a good bard force but monks seem hard to come by../shrug.

hokarz

Think it was Ikky 3 where we had the first class and archetype kill mobs. Both raids I did, w got lucky and the right class/archetype got the kill shot first time. We all just sat there stunned for a moment, then cheered that that was overwith. When I got flagged for Uqua the same thing happened. Just lucky...or maybe SOE changed it. /shrugs
Savage Lord Hokarz

Shieara

So does anyone have some tips for Ikk3?  We got all the way to the Marauder, but we couldn't seem to figure out what kind of archetype was needed to finish him off.

We figured that it was a cycle, and it seemed to be rotating every 40 secs, but we weren't sure if it resets every time he is "killed" or if there was a specific order to it.  Also not sure if it is best to just pick a class and have them kill every round or to try to follow the cycle. 

Went really well up to that point.  It took us awhile to get the pet pull on the four guys before marauder down (bard had this weird idea she was supposed to DA and then go pull them, instead of DA so I could pet pull).  Anyways, despite wanting to pull my hair out a few times I had a blast and am looking forward to more GoD.

As always thanks in advance for any help.

jitathab

Theres an emote/other, just need to read it really.

Vrex Xalkak's Marauder
Rampage, Gflux
AE = Cataclysm of Stone
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 3000
Chromatic -350, Targeted AE, range 150, Pushback 5, Pushup 2

He have to be killed by the right archtype, emotes the right one when wrong type kills him, and he switches archclass every 45 seconds. The 4 archtypes cycles in the same order, which is random each time Trial is spawned.

If wrong class kills him you get this emote: Your energy didn't match that required to kill the stone worker.

The creature appears weak to the combined effort of strength and cunning! = Melee
The creature looks vulnerable to the might of combined strength and ingenuity. = Hybrid
The creature will perish under the strength of intelligent magic. = INT casters

Shieara

Well we won last night (though I missed it due to going to bed early for exams).

Onward to Ikkinz 4 I suppose.