Main Menu

63 BL / 70 Shaman Powerlevel ideas . . . ?

Started by Yetter, April 12, 2006, 04:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yetter

<ROAR>

I have a very nice 2 box set up, complete with all of the macros a Beastlord could want.  In my pocket is a 70 Shaman.  Where would you grind out 63-70, then work on AAs?  I have a few strategies, but could always use a few new ideas.  I have hit all of the usual suspects (GE, SolC, Veksar, etc) and search for something a little more challenging.

My goal is to find the fastest route to 70, and eventually find a good place to grind out  AAs.   The Beastlord is not flagged for anything yet, as he is just an alt, but both accounts have ALL expansions.  Loot means nothing, just good and FAST XP.

Thanks in advance for any ideas presented ...

B e a s t l o r d _ 0 1

Taiglin

At this level and IMO the trick to fast xp is blue mobs that you can mow through vs higher level mobs that give a bigger chunk of xp per kill. OS is a hotzone so would probably hit that. Another place I always liked was howling stones. No idea how your Bst is geared and can't see your magelo at work anyway but both of these are old world mobs so their hp is low. Nurga/Druga might be another option in this same vein. Getting keyed for HS is usually very quick but the place is also one way so will need to figured a way out for your Bst or just camp him for 6 hrs and then hit return to home the next day.

By the by - assuming the fabled mobs are still up there is a 36% haste belt that drops in HS in the south wing. The fabled mob is blue at 70 and has a decently high number of hps. Belt is 100% drop and have seen as many as 3 of these guys up at the same time. Cript Specture is the mob IIRC.

Other then that you could look at things like grouping for 69.1 kite sessions or somesuch.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Chickennuggets

Wonder how BoT would be with shammy out of group healing, slowing, and maybe a dot or two?  Maybe NC... depends a lot on how the beast is geared.  Murk caves in WoS might be good, except for no snare, but root from your shammy should help there.  I would put him up lfg, and a comment that you have a 70 shammy out of group... get him in MPG maybe.  Could probably root rot 69.1, or aggro kite it... but again no snare... can always find a necro or druid/ranger lfg if they would be into it.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Gunzak

Check out 69.1 Hard kite missions.  Both Shaman and Beast can dot and send pets and the Shaman can Malo as Beasts dots are resisted quite a bit on those mobs.  Just grab a Druid, Ranger or Necro as a puller and 3 more pet classes and you'll plow through the mobs here.  At 70 I made 6% AA per kill so your beast should get insane experience.  I took a 67, almost 68 here, and when we left he was 69 so he actually gained more then a complete level by the time we were finished.  We had to kill a shit load of mobs to finish that mission though.

Yetter