Main Menu

WTF is the matter with people

Started by Atropine_BB, January 13, 2004, 11:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aneya

Quote from: Fozzik
Quote from: AneyaIf the 65s are unguilded it has certain implications.

I'm level 65 with ~60aa and I'm unguilded. What exactly does that imply?

It could imply a lot of things. It could mean you do not wish to be part of a guild. It could mean that you are between guilds. It means you can not be judged based on the reputation of a guild. It also means that the ways in which we resolve conflicts would be different then if you where guilded.

In my original statement, which admitedly might have been badly stated, I was trying to point out that doing a /guildstatus gives you information about a toon. If a toon is guilded you can make some assumptions based on the guild they are part of and try to resolve the conflict accordingly. If a toon is not guilded, other tactics might be needed to resolve the conflict. In either case, what you find out about those toons will affect how you deal with them.

Actually, guild status does play a large part in who I select to associate with. When I try to fill out spots in a group, I will pick people from my friends list first. Then people from guilds in my good book first. If non are available, I will look for unguilded toons or toons from my neutral books. I don't bother looking at people in my bad book. But we digress.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Scalewulf

<----  unguilded.  

Bah and double Bah!  

When creating groups, I just like you, check friends list first.  Then, after that point, it's all entirely random.  

I know A$$holes in great guilds, great people in great guilds, A$$holes in what would be considered quesionable guilds and good guys in what would be questionable guilds.  

Guild status means jack-$hit.  

All it really means if someone is not guilded is that you have to deal with them directly or through a /petition instead of contacting an officer of their guild.  

As far as camps go, in that situation, I wouldn't leave.  Whoever engages a mob first has rights to that mob.  

Had a similar instance happen to me in TM/vamp castle.  When I'm running to TM from Grimling I notice a 51 ranger just ahead of me.  I zone in and it's just me and him there.  

We all know that a 51 ranger can in no way handle the vamp castle.  So I go there and summon pet, start to set up and THEN hear, "Vamp castle camped".  I kindly return the favor with, "Yes, it is".  

A 61 necro the goes about telling me how the ranger is his alt and was here first, etc, etc...  

I laugh at him and tell him that I will not respect that camp call because the ranger CANNOT handle this camp and I was the first in zone and to the castle that can actually handle it.  

So we start pulling, side by side...
I get the first name, I get the 2nd name.  He gets the 3rd name (RM - the wizzy vamp) and his ranger promptly bites the dust, his pet promptly bites the dust and he evidentally FD's.  Now his name has added on me and my name.  NP, I take them.  I head up and get the last name on top floor.  

On my way back down, I notice him with too generals on him...  he gets FD off at (I shit you not) 2%.  Pet and I manhandle his generals, /target dumbassnecro, /laugh.  

Then the flamer asks me to join him.  I laugh again and tell him he can have the camp now, I got what I came for.  Then throw him an SD and paragon and head out.  

Moral of the story, the jerks are everywhere...
...there are ways of still getting an enjoyable experience out of the game while dealing with them though.   8)

Hrann

Guild status does tell you something about a person.  There are some guilds in which an idiot would never last long - I like to pick people from those guilds before a random unguilded person.

That's not to say that an unguilded person is necessarily good or bad, it just means I have better chances getting someone decent from a guild I know has decent leadership.

Fozzik

Quote from: HrannThere are some guilds in which an idiot would never last long

It doesn't matter if an idiot is only in a guild for one day... if you ask him on that day because you choose on the basis of guildstatus, you got an idiot in your group.
Reputation I feel is more important than a tag over your head. When I go LFG, people say "Hey! there's fozzy!" rather than "well, theres a guy from guildX, he's probably ok."
I wouldn't say I'm super well known or anything, but I think I'm on enough friends lists that I rarely have a problem getting a group. Mostly because people gave me a chance, and were pleasantly suprised. :D

Like I said, choosing on the basis of a guildtag is your loss... there are many guilded people that are only in a guild for the sole reason of the ease in finding a group. =)

fozz
Fozzik - Feral Lord, Sol Ro

Nunyabiz

well Karma is alive and well in Norranth.
Thats actually the best thing i enjoyed about when i was playing on a PvP server especially since i was a Necro.
If some yahoo tried something like that, id put him on my shytelist and make his life a living hell from that point on  8)

But on the flipside considering the area you were at which ive camped for many an hour its also entirely possible that you could have been the victim of the many unintentional trains that plague ME from people trying to make it to Akeva for a raid or group even though they are invis obviously makes no difference since many things there are undead and see through invis thus aggro on the invis person.

ME probably has the most and nastiest trains of about any zone.

Aneya

Only time I've had problems with trains at the AR zone line is when we where shard camping and my bard friend tried to pull Savant camp.

Normally, I just watch from a distance while people train AR. If you sit in the safe valley its nearly impossible to get trained unless they do it on purpose. They are usualy kind enougth to ooc it first. I suspect that the original posted didn't get an ooc, as in it was an intentional train.

Regardless I find it stupid that people train AR. Its really not that hard to get to AR invis, I do it all the time.

As for nasty trains, the nastiest train I've seen was in BoT. Someone trained all of Earth to zone line. That was a train!
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Dorrogtr T`A

Wow, that's terrible =( I guess some people are just born stupid, or act like jackasses... Don't you wish it was one of the Zeks, so you can corpse camp them? I do.  :)