Main Menu

Nedaria's Landing @ 24?

Started by fuzzy, April 24, 2006, 02:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy

I'm a 24th level beastlord who is mostly untwinked (earring of the solstice & haste belt, rest of gear bought in bazaar for 50p/piece or less -- I think that counts as mostly untwinked).  Will I be able to efficiently solo the bear caves here, or should I spend a few levels (maybe until level 30 pet) in Marus Seru taking down rockhoppers/stonegrabbers first?  I've seen both points of view here, and lots of old posts.  Just looking for any current info.

Goal is to eventually tailor myself a nice set of cultural armor, and I spent almost all of my hard earned cash on Shaman gear, so I'm looking for hide/pelt drops almost as much as XP.  I don't like having to do lots of backfarming greenies, so I would like to get both at the same time.  Should have skipped Paludal and hit Karana for spiders/lions, but I couldn't resist the super fast levelling...

Thanks,

Fuzzy (who no longer knows whether the Shaman or Beastlord is his main)

also, this  :mrgreen: is very odd

Gunzak

The regular bears will be doable if you have healing potions and kei potions to speed things up.  The Majestic Grizzly which commonly spawns will probly not be doable.  I did these from around 26 till 34 or 35 I believe.  The experience isn't great but there are 4 mobs and the spawn time is only 7 minutes.  The main reason I did this camp for so long was I started on a new server and needed the money from seling the hides.

Tiroon

If you want you could hunt the regular ones in the rest of the zone but watch out for the griffs. Forget hunting the cave before getting the level 30 warder.

Even once you're there you'll be doing a lot of this after this. Getting a magnificent to this point required temp btw.

The only reason I leveled there was because of Tiroon's booming Leather Padding & Hand Tailored Backpack business at the time. :-D

Given what your goals are I would indeed spend time in MS hunting greyhoppers for the skill-ups you'll get from making greyhopper armor, then spend time in Stonebrunt to get the raw materials for tailored quivers. Anytime you get bored with those places take yourself to The Overthere and hunt sarnaks for faction and sabretooth tigers for hides to make your first set of cultural armor.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

fuzzy

A picture is worth 1000 words :)

I'll pass on the bears for now then.  Greyhoppers are easy enough (Zelniaks suck though), but I was thwarted for the most part by a high level ranger who was tracking them down and killing them very quickly.  Must be an aspiring tailor...  I'll work on killing Greyhoppers for a while, and come back to the bears when I have the level 30 pet & some better gear.

Thanks.

Tiroon

Don't worry about the Zels and crawlers unless you really want to. Both are kos to the Recuso. Just train them to the nearest of their camps. 8-)
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.