Main Menu

Cannot find server

Started by Merescata, April 25, 2006, 05:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merescata

Several times , most every night, I get this error.  I used to read via a direct link to the forums.  I decided to change that link and get to the forums through the main bst site and use the forum link on the left side menu.  This solved, somewhat, my difficulties.  Somewhat is the key.  I still get  'cannot find server' while going through the forums. 

I typically view them at about midnight to 1am central time.  I can get multiple 'cannot find server' errors.  There is no pattern that I have been able to see for this.  This error pops up when I change forums, try to 'mark as read', moving form one thread to another, etc.

Is there anything going on here or am I moving too fast through the threads?  I get so frustrated having to kill the session then go back to read stuff and sometimes this doesn't even help.  Any help or suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

tunr

Do you run Spy-bot or Adaware to clean out the garbage that other sites leave behined to track you doings?
Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

Merescata

Both are used and updated regularly...
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Jaeren

If you use Windows it should cache the ip for the server for quite a while. On linux & maybe OS X, it may look up the ip more often and if your ISPs nameservers are down, cause you a problem. If you know enough about the hosts file, try adding www.beastlords.org as ip 66.147.170.158

If you need mroe help on that, let me know what OS & version (ie: Windows XP, OS X, etc) you run and i'll try to get you detailed info.

Doing that change basically cuts out the lookup functions going out onto the internet lookign for the site. If it still gives you cannot find errors after, there's a gremlin in your computer thats affecting your internet access

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Merescata

I took your suggestion Jaeren.  Things seem to be a bit more stable.  I'll keep checking over the next few weeks to see what happens.  I'm hoping this is the cure.  Thanks!
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Merescata

So far so good.  Thanks for the assist!
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye