Main Menu

Got owned in 68.2

Started by Thaeliun, April 30, 2006, 12:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaeliun

I finally tried 68.2 last night only to get to the end and be owned by the level 73 boss, (I forget his name).  My guild's MT has around 12k HPs.  His gear is mostly DoN cultural without the slot 12 augs.
With stonewall up he got quaded for 4k.  That's huge to me considering MPG named don't seem to even scratch him when that is up.

I was boxing 70bst, 70 mage and 70 cleric.  There was a druid chain healing the war as well as my cleric.  I switched between a large 3 second heal and my fastest heal plus I threw in a few with the BST and there was no way to keep that warrior up.  He has the best gear in the guild, (which isn't saying a lot). Unless this gets turned into a raid instance I just can't see us getting the majority of my guild through it.

I'm sure there is probably someone here that solo'd this guy while a couple of friends watched just for fun. (If you are on Luclin/Veeshan send me a tell  :-) )  In the meantime any strats or advice is welcome. 

Kenusten

Every 20% he gets easier, so this guy you fire all your aa/toys at the beginning.  You want to get him past that first 20% as fast as possible. 

I have tanked this with a shaman and druid as healers.  This is the edge of what we can do.  I growl.  The shaman serenities.  The druid skin of reptiles.   The enchanter group runes.  I pull with slow and hit protective spirit disc.  All three of us do our AA hots immediately.    Both the shaman and the druid patch like crazy during the first 20%.  I toss out some damage aas and chain incapacitate to make sure I keep aggro off the druid and shaman.  The enchanter group runes a couple of times during the first 20% then dies cause rune is huge aggro.

Whoever tanks needs to have all of their defensive AAs.

Nusa

What he said...burn early, burn hard. Your warrior should grab aggro (best hate disc), then use fortitude (12 sec near-immunity...its MUCH better than our protective spirit disc) followed by stonewall (only half as good as our disc, but it lasts for 3 minutes). Get it slowed and dps those first 12 seconds...time your spam heals to start landing as fortitude wears.

The 68.3 boss is worse, let me tell ya. He starts off nasty but ok, and gets harder as you kill him. I've seen many good tanks go down hard in the last 10%...all the other melees need to be ready to tank however long their discs will keep them up. Save your harm touchs and other one-shots for the end on this one...do your max burn on the last 20%. Arguably the worst single mob in the entire 68 series.

Kanan

hell.. seems to be worst boss of the entire spell arc progressions, all of em.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Thaeliun

Thanks guys.  68.3 sounds like something to look forward too  :|  No way we can take a mob like that.  Sounds like the only way I am going to get through these is if I make friends with some raiders.

Kenusten

The PoR equipment quests are fairly easy and give gear thats comparable to PoTime and GoD raiding gear.  Additionally check out the Fear and Destruction trial.  Try the 69 spell arcs.  I did all of those with a non raiding tank.  You need either a puller or an enchanter with Euphoria.  The chests drop are okay.  If you can do the Hard versions, the equipment can be okay as well.

Rhoam

I have tried 68.2 about 4 times now, with multiple deaths per attempt. We can easily get to the boss and then the fit hits the shan. Most recently, we had a 13k warrior tank with fortitude and stonewall going and a cleric and druid healing but the tank never made it past 70% and I ended up tanking him down to 30% before we had an add pop on us and we wiped. If the 68.3 boss is even harder then I suppose I will not see my dodh pet unless I leave my friends and join a raiding guild. I do not understand why the 68 pet spell is so damn hard to obtain. Its harder than obtaining the 69 disc from what I have read. Why?????? Is this "working as intended" or will SOE correct this nightmare and allow some of the non-raiding folk to improve their toons without forcing us into raiding guilds?

Grbage

Have your war try evasive instead of stonewall. Stonewall works best against high DI mobs (don't ask me to explain but check it out on the steel warrior if you are curious, my eyes cross everytime I try and read the explanation) minimizing damage from the DI portion of a mobs hit. If the mob has a low DI then stonewall doesnt do much for you, in this case I don't know if the DoD mobs are a high or low on DI. Evasive increases the chance of dodging the incoming attacks all together so can end up being more useful discipline.

Another tactic I've seen is have your tank open up with Furious (auto riposte disc) or a ranger use WS then have the tank take agro from them as WS drops. Hopefully the mob has been burned down past the first 20% by then.

The DoD missions are made easier by having over geared people doing them (16k unbuffed war makes 68.3 a joke) but they can be done by lesser geared people using the right stratagies.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Taiglin

Yeah the boss for 68.2 and .3 for small, casual guilds is a nightmare. Have yet to kill 68.3.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Bodegah

Since you are on Luclin, look me up in game.  Ill get ya thru em :)  Got to have all my beast with the cool werewolf pet.

Thaeliun

I really appreciate all the helpful posts but I must say Bodegah takes the prize!  I will look you up Bodegah, if we can work it out I will be very grateful.

Thaeliun

All I can say is wow!  Bodegah wasn't just talking trash.  He sent me a tell tonight and got some of his friends together to carry my gimp ogre bst through 68.3 and 68.2.  I think that's the nicest thing any group of people I don't know has ever done for me in EQ. 

To make it even more impressive, Bode tanked 68.2 himself!  He was pulling 2 Drachnids at a time and tanking np.  The big boss that beat me badly enough to initiate this thread was no match for Bode.  It was great to get through these missions that have given me so much trouble.  It was also great to see what a well played BST can do.

During one of the missions he was linking gear for me to show my guildies.  I think they are going to start a movement to try to make Bode our Guild mascot. 

Props to you Bode, I am in your debt.  If there's anything this humble bst can do to repay the favor please do not hesitate to let me know.

Tardar

That was really freaking cool.  Congrats Bodegah for being a stud.   :mrgreen:

Sariss Bloodscale

Grats Thaeliun on your new pet o' assbeat, you'll love him.

And good on you, Bodegah, way to prove that Luclin bsts > *

Bodegah

Haha thank you all, but you are very welcome, and it was no problem.  I am happy to help and Thaeliun and his friends are very nice guys.  It has been a pleasure so far, and we'll knock those other 2 out soon :)