Main Menu

Acrylia Caverns

Started by Tommba, January 27, 2004, 08:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommba

Been leveling here since lvl 57. At 62 now everything is LB in outer AC and at lvl 62 you can easily handle both the Ritualist and Primalist named spawns. Mobs will NOT assist eachother if your pet is attacking one and another wanders by, so long as you yourself are not within aggro range. If you see a wanderer coming just back up and let your pet fight the current mob, even if the wanderer walks over the mob being attacked it shouldn't assist which is pretty cool although at this lvl you can handle 3 mobs at a time easily. The named PHs can be very easily single pulled from each of the rooms even though they path through other mobs. In outer AC the general rule of thumb that I use, is if i'm in casting range of a mob and not in aggro range of another I can pull the mob.

Even though all the outer mobs are all LB, exept the named, AAXP is still pretty good, with about 4hrs per AA and normal xp is tolerable.

I tried inner AC awhile back. On my way to it I aggroed a few LB skellies, thinking that when I zoned into Inner it would clear aggro I kept going, the skellies followed me instantly to Inner AC port in and I died to them. At 62 the skellies WILL aggro if you run straight through them. To get past them you will either have to clear 2-3 of them so you can run past or being an IVU potion to get past them into the lava room then reinvis. When you click the statue into inner ac you will spawn in a little corridor that DOES contain at least 2 wanderers I saw, SM to atleast lvl1 would be a good choice. When you port in just behind you are steps, follow them invis into the nxt room, you'll be on the lefthand side of a courtyard space and directly opposite will be a gate and steps, the room above is where you click out. Haven't really had a chance to XP here yet, just did some reccing. Dangerous place, but I guess the named drops are worth it.
Baron http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=888523">Tommba Braderick <http://www.dieringtraeger.de">Die Ringtraeger>
64th Season Savage Lord
Vallon Zek

Dakat

I would not recommend the pet thing you mentioned until you are level 62+.  The reason the mob did't assist on your pet is because your pet is level 60.  If anyone below 62 comes in their, their pet will agro the mob since the pet is level 47 or less.

Tommba

Aye, I should have made that clearer. Only works with the 62+ pet as Dakat says.  :)
Baron http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=888523">Tommba Braderick <http://www.dieringtraeger.de">Die Ringtraeger>
64th Season Savage Lord
Vallon Zek

Kinash

Actually, I used that method before I got the lvl 62 Warder. I would work with all the Grimlings except the Ritualist or Primalist (they will assist nearby attacks). So that strategy will work nicely so long as the named aren't up.
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Rholin

I've found that even at 59 (wrong forum, I know), I can single pull the Primalist or Ritualist as long as they are the only ones I am pulling.  If I pull a weaker mob close to either of those two, they will come with the pull.

So if you see the Primalist or Ritualist, pull them before pulling anything close to them.

Hamtarro

Edit: (ok wrong thread.....sorry lol I don't know how it got here)
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Prelgor

Hello!  I'm currently a level 60 Troll BST, and I keep coming back here to solo for the acrylia.  As long as the xp and plat are decent, and I'm getting what I need to bring up tailoring, I hesitate to leave.  So, I'm at 100% AAXP for the forseeable future.  This is at the heart of my question. 

Right now, I'm working my way between the ritualist and primalist spawn points (only one named killed so far...), and the occasional mob is light blue.  If I level any further, my fear is that many more will go LB.  On the other hand, I could probably handle the mobs further in at higher level.  If my main goal is being able to get xp while I farm acrylia, does the acrylia drop rate (which means bricks, blocks, pieces, not the runes that can only be sold for plat) get any better further in?  Right now, a single session there (say 2 hours or so) typically gets me around ~15 acrylia studs for skillup attempts and enough plat to just buy the hides that I need.  If I level to 62, will my kill rate go up dramatically enough to farm much faster?  Right now, I can clear the entry area and most of the ritualist spawn room, and by the time I finish the primalist spawn point and a handful of mobs from that room, repops have already begun.  I really want to get tailoring pushed to 188 so I can be done with being tied to this place, although I don't mind beefing up the AA count.  Only 10AA left until Paragon... :) 

As an aside, do I assume correctly that turning light blue represents, in and of itself, a nerfing of the xp rate, beyond that which having a low level entails?  For example, suppose a certain DB mob gives, say 2% AAXP, but only 1% AAXP when you're a level higher, because it is now LB. 

Gunzak

Yes LB mobs give about 1/2 the exp as a dark blue mob.  You probly wont get a huge increase in dps at 62 compared to 60 but your pet will be a higher level and able to do more damage and take more in return.

Hereki

I think that's accurate.

The only real level change is when you get to Inner Acrylia, and mobs there are a lot tougher.  Drop rate is the same, as far as I am aware.  So if you want to farm, stay in Outer.

The big power increase is at 62, with the new pet.  At that level, outer will all be light blue (apart from named).  You will kill significantly faster, and take a lot less damage in doing so, but exp will almost vanish.  I am not sure what exp rate you are getting now, but if you can currently get an AA in 3 hours or better, you are in a good spot for solo and you might as well stay there.

Prelgor

Thanks, Hereki!  That's exactly the information I was looking for.  As long as I'm getting good XP, I may as well stay at 60 then, since I'll need to farm acrylia anyway.  I'm a few levels behind a bunch of friends in my guild, but I can hopefully catch up once I finish farming.  IOS sure does look tasty at 61, though (no more renewing Frenzy to keep STR and DEX maxed!). 

I haven't recorded my AAXP rate, but the last time I was there, I dinged an AA point, bought SCR2, and continued to kill a bit more, as I was in a groove and things were going well.  By the time I looked up and got ready to log, I had another half an AA!  Incidentally, this was already after my KEI had become but a distant memory after being dispelled.  I hardly had to slow down because of the lack of KEI, which really impressed me.  I have FT5 in gear (Solstice, Omens earring, Ornate Boots) and the 59 buff (7 points, I think).  I didn't bother (read:forgot) to turn on FT3 from tribute.  I saved nukes only for runners about to get away (thank you, 0.5s cast time!) and stopped bothering to slow casters (who try to cast, rather than beat on me).  With Endure Magic always up (a trick I learned while fighting the necro mobs in Nurga) to counter fear, the hardest mobs are actually the self-healing clerics, and those just take longer, if the cast isn't interrupted.  The dispelling mobs are really annoying, but not for the obvious reason.  I just have so darn many self-buffs, it sometimes takes me a few minutes to realize what I just lost! :)  I recommend this spot to any 60 BST not on Bristlebane. :) 

Sorien

Side track...

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

This an automated message? :)  Or would you really want me to post another thread on something that is already posted on?

Side track off...

I tried inner AC at 62 with less AA than I have now and found it very inefficient.  I also found that the Acrylia drops were a bit nerfed, although, this may be because I am getting a lower kill rate at this stage. 

I think after I get SCR2 & 3, MC2 & 3, & Hobble, I might re-visit Inner AC.  I am working towards getting my Tailoring up and have gone as far as Wu'S will take me.  Been farming hides off & on from Rockhoppers.  So, all that is needed to get started is the Acrylia.  It would be nice to be able to hit this place and get some good XP as well as some tradeskill drops at the same time.  I'm just sad that I can't carry around a portable forge to turn my Acrylia into Acrylia bits right then and there from the weight issue.  Hehe.

Anyone have suggestions about this place.  I know it was hinted to further up in the post on the Acrylia drop rate not slowing versus Outer.  Is that for sure on the drop rate, or was it a guesstimation?  :)  Any fun names to take down that will yeild me some good drops in inner AC?  I was there and noticed that they had some fellow Vah Shir in cages before I died in zone.  Anything fun to do with them?  Free em or find a key to free em? 

DontPetBear

Drop rate seemed about the same to me on Inner.  I spent almost all of 56-62 at Outer AC, and made alot of plat selling the acrylia back then.  Now of course i'm the one buying the acrylia from farmers lol.  I found it really difficult to solo inner at level 62.  After a few deaths while camping my shard, i called in a druid to help with heals and snare.  I wouldn't even think of it w/out hobble at your level.  They just have too many hp's to beat down when they run, and nukes don't always land.  Level 65 is kind of the sweet spot for Inner i think.  65% slow and you can take the beatings better.

I camp 3 named whenever i go there.  One is a roamer that comes from the far side and wanders almost through the whole hallway.  He's pretty nasty: hits for 800's i believe and has some spells.  Next one is in the cage area.  The mobs in the cage won't bother you, just take your first right, and there should be a mob halfway down on the left from the corner.  3rd one sits on top of the fountain thingie at the end of the corridor.  Single pulls all the way except for 2 guards to cage area.  Might need Suspend Minion for single pulls there.  Now when i say they hit for 800's don't get worried.  They are fully slowable and aren't super tough, the caster ones can get nasty though if resists aren't high enough.  There is a 4th named to camp nearby, but you'll have to find him on your own   :-) 

The named drop some decent items, offhand i can think of Blackened Acrylia Greatsword, and that hp regen mask that weighs a ton lol.  Unfortunately the loot doens't sell too well anymore, OoW items are too nice nowadays.  You might want to consider staying at Outer and see how the exp. goes there while farming, it shouldn't be too bad i don't think.  Also you can go to the kitty fort and use the shared bank to move the acrylia around when it gets too heavy.  Also can sell all those runes.

When you first port down, you will look right and see a short hallway that makes a right turn and leads into a large room.  Don't go that way.  Go the other way down the hallway, at the end is the fountain area.  You'll walk down a slope to get there.  In that fountain room there will be a caged door at the far end.  Inside that caged door is a kos Vah Shir down a hole.  Leave him alone lol.  In the far right corner is a pot looking thingy.  Click that to be ported to just outside Acrylia Caverns.  Once i found this i never died in there again.  And let me tell you, finding a necro to summon my body wasn't easy.

There's a right-up somewhere on here about those caged Vah Shir.  Maybe try a search for 'twisted'.  Khati Sha The Twisted?  Don't think more than 1 or 2 guilds ever completed that script.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Gharrik

I've just started coming to AC to rack up cash and grind some AAs at 58.  All of the information in this thread is great, and I can confirm that you can single pull any regular grimling even at my level because it looks like they are just completely non-assist so will only aggro if you directly attack them or walk into their (fairly small) aggro ranges.  The experience per kill here is somewhat better than Velks, and all but the clerics die faster than spiders too.  I'm getting about 3-4% AA per kill with very minimal downtime.

What I don't think is stressed nearly enough elsewhere in the thread though, is how many mobs you have to run through to get into AC.  I made it half way through the tunnels before I got smacked by a see-invis grimling, but I still had at least 20 mobs chasing me by the time I hit the zone line.  Make sure you know your way and don't hesitate if you're not planning on spending the time to fight through the caves.  :)

Prelgor

Quote from: Gharrik on January 12, 2008, 03:38:28 AM
What I don't think is stressed nearly enough elsewhere in the thread though, is how many mobs you have to run through to get into AC.  I made it half way through the tunnels before I got smacked by a see-invis grimling, but I still had at least 20 mobs chasing me by the time I hit the zone line.  Make sure you know your way and don't hesitate if you're not planning on spending the time to fight through the caves.  :)

Good advice.  The only mobs that see invis on the way in are the grimling nightblades and the sonic wolf sentries (blanking on the mob name...).  There is one cluster of three static nightblades, and a fourth that wanders between the cluster and just off to the side from AC.  The sonic wolves are just a short hop from the zoneline to AC.  I used to go invis down to the nightblade cluster, kill one (and maybe the wanderer) to get past, then invis back up.  These days, I would just run in a straight shot and not worry about the pinpricks.  If the nightblades don't notice you, the wolves probably will.  The only caution I would make is to do a /who first, just to be considerate enough not to dump a train onto someone sitting at the zoneline.  :-) 

p.s.  Gharrik, if you're grinding AA's at 58, consider leveling to 60.  You get a much better pet, your first haste spell, and access to the 59+ AA's.  I got a lot of AA's at 60 in AC; the xp is still fantastic.